Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
06-01-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
[Image: idiot+inside.gif]
[Image: abandon_thread.gif]

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
06-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Bit of both.

I would like active atheists to take ownership of their position and actually rationalise it.

Put their own set of beliefs to the aame rigours as they attempt to do to everyone else
06-01-2015, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 01:22 PM by Free.)
(06-01-2015 01:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Bit of both.

I would like active atheists to take ownership of their position and actually rationalise it.

Put their own set of beliefs to the aame rigours as they attempt to do to everyone else

And what part of "it cannot be rationalized" are you failing to understand? How many fucking times have we said that to you?

When there are no other fucking options, the obvious answer is that there is no other choice except natural philosophy.

What part of that basic 1 + 1 = 2 equation are you so utterly struggling with?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
06-01-2015, 01:21 PM

I'm an agnostic atheist, I don't know (nor would I presume to know) something "god-like" (for lack of a better word) exists or ever existed.

I do know that all religions were started by people.

So what does that make me??

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-01-2015, 01:25 PM
(06-01-2015 07:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Guilt by association, Chas appears typical of many atheists who implies everything and dodges any question of to him and bases his perspective on his own semantics. Very dreary.

What questions have I dodged? Put up or shut up.

Dodged the question of rational behavior by participating in this thread. I made the same dodge for a minute, then made like the kitties above.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
(06-01-2015 01:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 09:13 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  You said yourself brownshart what's the catalyst? That implies you believe something can be created from nothing. Which makes you some kind of creationist. My position is there is no catalyst for creation never happened. My assumptions are more logical than yours. It's the only possible explanation. Unless you believe in god.

Stop trying to deflect.

No I'm asking you to demonstrate the eternal universe. Make sure you have some evidence handy.
I'm asking you to demonstrate the universe is not eternal. Since there is no evidence for it not ever existing, I'm going with eternal. Click
[+] 2 users Like Jack_Ripper's post
06-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Sorry guys, been away at work, playing catch up....

(05-01-2015 09:05 PM)Free Wrote:  Get back into the rubber room before the straight jacket cometh.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: commitmentdemotivator.jpg]

(05-01-2015 08:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  tell me again how no evidence is proof that looking for evidencr is correct?

[Image: cluelessnessdemotivator.jpg]

(05-01-2015 11:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  i like where you say there are no options and as such it must be god, oh sorry i mean naturalism is correct.

you've revolted too much.

[Image: giveupdemotivator.jpg]

(06-01-2015 01:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Stop trying to deflect.

No I'm asking you to demonstrate the eternal universe. Make sure you have some evidence handy.

Are you arguing just to argue? Or do you actually have a point to make?

[Image: goalsdemotivator.jpg]

[Image: customerdisservicedemotivator.jpg]

OK, now what? Big Grin

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 4 users Like gofish!'s post
06-01-2015, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 06:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-01-2015 01:56 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So you're proposing a big crunch followed by another big bang over and over again?

Eternal recurrence for the muthafuckin' win bitches. ... or is it? Consider

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-01-2015, 06:32 PM
(06-01-2015 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:56 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So you're proposing a big crunch followed by another big bang over and over again?

Of course it is, "show me proof that I'm not right" appears to be a common catchcry round here.

Let's try this one:

God exists show me proof he doesn't.
06-01-2015, 06:34 PM
(06-01-2015 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Of course it is, "show me proof that I'm not right" appears to be a common catchcry round here.

Let's try this one:

God exists show me proof he doesn't. This god created the eternal universe before time.