Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
06-01-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
i must admit the only option of philosophical naturalism has made this trip worthwhile. Very amusing particularly given you're serious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 02:13 AM
(06-01-2015 10:11 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 09:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jebus done did it.
/thread

It's Jesus. Homer Simpson incorrectly called him Jebus, Einstein.

*Shirley* wrong again. Homer is irrelevant. There was no Jesus, thus Jebus suits me fine. You need to ask for your tuition for Apologetics back from Babble College. You suck at this game. You parrot shit that is meaningless, (ie "philosophical naturalism"). If your Precious Jebus does exist, then he's perfectly natural. There ain't no double-decker universe.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-01-2015, 03:21 AM
(06-01-2015 07:45 PM)Free Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 07:11 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  And yet you claim their arguments are reasoned? rigggggght.

Ridiculous.

If I wanted to off myself, I 'd climb up your ego and and then do a swan dive down to your IQ level.

[Image: hasselhoffpwned-thumb-660x624-17139.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-01-2015, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 01:08 PM by ClydeLee.)
(06-01-2015 12:57 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 07:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Ah, so you're fine making illogical and emotional based assumptions but favorably conflate everyone else as misguided by doing so. Thank ya for your time, Out we go.

[Image: 26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif]

hopefully there'sa lift. So you deny philosophical naturalism or just lack belief in it?

I suppose I'll actually respond if you're willing to ask. I don't exactly know what you intemperate the concept of denying to be. Since you keep having strong stances on terms indicating this or that and seem to have some opposition to the concept of lack of belief. I would say I definitely lack belief in philosophical naturalism, and have been trying to say so multiple times on this thread to you.

Do I deny it? I don't deny it's possible, I don't refuse to claim it could be there but I also don't assert it is true. I don't actively expect it to be the case, if that's denying it, I deny it. If denying it means I vehemently proclaim it is not true, I don't deny it.

Labels to me aren't all that critical or important in essence to me. So what your choices of labels want to indicate doesn't really matter to me.

(06-01-2015 01:05 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 12:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  He seems to like to cite Matt Dilahunty, so maybe you should just quote anytime Matt has ever pointed out that lacking a positive belief in god/s makes you an atheist. Drinking Beverage

His position is like yours. I don't define myself on what i dont believe in. Perhaps you're a non collecting stamp person? i dont go to a forum and discuss not collecting stamps anf try to justify why not collecting stamps is rational.

I really felt like responding because I just watched a video that relates to this little diddy I recall seeing. Not to get into your caring about why one defines themselves as a term. But just specifically Matt Dilahunty because of your topic.

In this latest new year opening episode, Matt actually talks about not accepting philosophical naturalism to be a defined position as well. His stance is of being currently in the realm of anticipating things of that way, and understanding using methodological naturalism, but he specifically indicates not asserting philosophical naturalism to be true.

This just right along the lines of a position I've been trying to explain to you I take over the last few days with your counters being unbelieving me because of "guilty by association" or being on an atheist forum I guess. So I wonder, do you have equal arguments to disbelief Matt as not truly holding this position he speaks of?

This is the episode. He beings to talk specifically about Philosophical Naturalism right around the 40:00 minute mark near the end of a lengthy call with a man trying to make an ontological based God argument.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
07-01-2015, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 01:03 PM by Brownshirt.)
(07-01-2015 02:13 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 10:11 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  It's Jesus. Homer Simpson incorrectly called him Jebus, Einstein.

*Shirley* wrong again. Homer is irrelevant. There was no Jesus, thus Jebus suits me fine. You need to ask for your tuition for Apologetics back from Babble College. You suck at this game. You parrot shit that is meaningless, (ie "philosophical naturalism"). If your Precious Jebus does exist, then he's perfectly natural. There ain't no double-decker universe.

Impressive you got a lot wrong in those sentences.

Homer is not irrelevant if you're going to quote him. Kinda like when you linked to Leslie Nielsen with Shirley.

If you think it's meaningless perhaps you should try leaning what it is. Perhaps you feel self assured due to your lack of knowledge, this appears to be in vogue here.

Can you show me where I've claimed Jesus to be mine? If you have nothing, just project.

You guys have already proven that only what we can prove is all that exists and is therefore natural. Shirley we don't need to go over this again?
07-01-2015, 01:02 PM
(07-01-2015 03:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 07:45 PM)Free Wrote:  Ridiculous.

If I wanted to off myself, I 'd climb up your ego and and then do a swan dive down to your IQ level.

[Image: hasselhoffpwned-thumb-660x624-17139.jpg]

His assumptions and inability to rationalise these assumptions to at least a somethat coherent position is not an indictment on my iq.

I realise you guys think it is, it's strange that it doesn't worry me isnt it?
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
(07-01-2015 01:02 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 03:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: hasselhoffpwned-thumb-660x624-17139.jpg]

His assumptions and inability to rationalise these assumptions to at least a somethat coherent position is not an indictment on my iq.

You sir, are a prodigy of inferior intellect and stupidity, and are someone whom the rest of us just keep around for our petty amusement.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
07-01-2015, 03:12 PM
(07-01-2015 01:54 PM)Free Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:02 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  His assumptions and inability to rationalise these assumptions to at least a somethat coherent position is not an indictment on my iq.

You sir, are a prodigy of inferior intellect and stupidity, and are someone whom the rest of us just keep around for our petty amusement.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Is there a particular post which demonstrates this?

Or is it that i reject your garbled and illogical 'rationalisation'. I'm certain you will fail to propose an example and continue with your circular references.

Lol i came here by my own choice, and still find your baseless assertion a source of comedy.
07-01-2015, 03:26 PM
(07-01-2015 03:12 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:54 PM)Free Wrote:  You sir, are a prodigy of inferior intellect and stupidity, and are someone whom the rest of us just keep around for our petty amusement.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Is there a particular post which demonstrates this?

All of them.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
07-01-2015, 03:33 PM
As predicted you failed again. Unless you're going to regale me with your own special logic?