Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
30-12-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(30-12-2014 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 08:23 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Despite my "lack of belief" I do not consider myself to be an atheist.

I don't dwell on lacking belief in any theist claims, why would I bother.

I also don't assume science will answer the question of existence, nor look to it to guide my philosophy on anything. What is proven, or not falsified holds no sway on defining my position.

Those who do seem use science are addressing creationists and then take it that step further and assume that existence will be accounted for by science.(i.e philosophical naturalism). This is an assumption with no basis beyond assumption.

Is anyone who holds this position able to rationalise it beyond the standard canned arguments, which convince only the converted?

don't obfuscate the primary prenuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties ! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. (42) See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

And remember, never pass up an opportunity to watch an elephant paint Mozart.

Although this is classic, it has nothing to do with putting rabbit ears on Ronda. Remember her? She ate the pizza that Simon echoed into that abysmal cesspool that swallowed whole Mozart's elephant.

Don't forget the anchovies.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
30-12-2014, 09:37 PM
(30-12-2014 09:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Evolution discounts creationism, nothing more.

Evolution is a very functional and working bit of theory though, wouldn't you say

(30-12-2014 09:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Without the ability to account for cause and affects

Accounting for 'cause and effect'? That's physics, isn't it? Consider

(30-12-2014 09:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Basing a view on what we cannot account for doesn't say much does it?

Which view am I basing things on? Hence, what and why should/must it account for anything?

Much cheers to all.
30-12-2014, 09:39 PM
(30-12-2014 08:43 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 08:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anti-theist and atheist aren't the same thing.

Please clarify who it is that you think has an agenda.

Those who claim to be atheists are anti-theist.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-12-2014, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 10:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
Every time I see a post from Brownshirt I can't help but laugh my ass off 'cause that's my codeword with Manly for shitting myself. "Girly One come in Manly One. Girly One to Manly One come in. Operation Brownshirt is in effect."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I think this is all about self awareness.

You find it hard to believe that you are aware of the universe.

You can't accept that a product of the universe can be aware of the universe kinda like a liver cell in your body that is aware of onions.

And since you can't accept self awareness, you cling to a fantasy that suits you. Hey man, whatever floats your boat. Just don't vote in my elections. That's all I ask.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
30-12-2014, 10:24 PM
(30-12-2014 09:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Every time I see a post from Brownshirt I can't help but laugh my ass off 'cause that's my codeword with Manly for shitting myself. "Girly One come in Manly One. Girly One to Manly One come in. Operation Brownshirt is in effect."

This happens often enough that you need a codeword? Gasp

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-12-2014, 10:26 PM
(30-12-2014 08:43 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Those who claim to be atheists are anti-theist.

1. I do not believe in god.
2. I believe that god does not exist.

If you can't tell the difference between statements 1 and 2 then you need to retake Intro Philosophy.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
30-12-2014, 10:26 PM
(30-12-2014 10:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Every time I see a post from Brownshirt I can't help but laugh my ass off 'cause that's my codeword with Manly for shitting myself. "Girly One come in Manly One. Girly One to Manly One come in. Operation Brownshirt is in effect."

This happens often enough that you need a codeword? Gasp

Blush

#sigh
30-12-2014, 10:32 PM
(30-12-2014 09:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Evolution discounts creationism, nothing more.

A theory that successfully predicts the relationship between all life on Earth? You have a very funny definition of nothing.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-12-2014, 10:35 PM

Obvious solution: Stop tucking your shirts into your underwear. Tongue