Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
10-01-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(10-01-2015 04:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 04:08 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So why bother using the label of atheist then? You don't generalize about theists, just lack belief in one thing they state. I don't believe collecting stamps is fun, but I'm not an a-philatelist

A-theism is one thing only. Dismissal of theism. "They" don't *say* anything. Like all groups, "they" have many opinions on many subjects, (just like theists).
Your stamp-collecting analogy is false, on many levels. YOU dismiss all gods except one. You're a Special Pleading atheist.

Define atheism as you want, I'm talking about atheists, i.e. people who call themselves atheists. Not the people who are called atheists by others. Much like Dawkins, Maher, Harris, Dennet, Krauss, Hitchens, Dillhahunty.

According to the many retarded atheists guide everyone is an atheist, hardly gives the term much merit does it?

Saying it's false means nothing.

What god don't I dismiss?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 08:01 PM
(10-01-2015 09:48 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I'm being ignored.

Heart

Clap

Thumbsup

Big Grin

Much cheers to all.

Because of your lack of coherency in prose and thought.
10-01-2015, 08:36 PM
(10-01-2015 04:12 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 07:22 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Ya...no. You have failed to actually demonstrate this to be true and your personal opinion is neither a convincing argument nor is it informed or educated enough to be really worth the consideration.

You're making a bunch of idiotic assurtions and failing to support them or even understand the basics of the conversation. That might fly with some here but with me it's just pedestrian and boring.

I'm not impressed with your ability to make shit up.

Sorry your personal opinion does little to sway my experience. Don't know why.

Being uneducated simpleton can do that, however that's irrelevant at the moment. It's not my personal opinion that you have failed to show how Atheism is an anachronistic position, that's just a fact. You have not. In fact you haven't even really tried to do so, you simply walked in pulled your lip assertion out and flopped it down on the desk and started trying to talk as if it was a fact. It's not.

You are more then welcome to think you are onto something with your grade school level pseudo-philosophy but you utilize so many logical fallacies I'm not surprised at all you have trouble with the basics.

If you don't believe there is a god then you dear child are an Atheist. Refusing to self identify as one makes you no less an Atheist than self identifying as a cat makes you not a Human. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
10-01-2015, 09:41 PM
(10-01-2015 08:01 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 09:48 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I'm being ignored.

Because of your lack of coherency in prose and thought.

Consider

Wait... asking for the poster to re-word or other wise explain their previous comment is,

"....lack of coherency in prose and thought."

Blink

Much cheers to all .
10-01-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 09:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-01-2015 07:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Define atheism as you want, I'm talking about atheists, i.e. people who call themselves atheists. Not the people who are called atheists by others. Much like Dawkins, Maher, Harris, Dennet, Krauss, Hitchens, Dillhahunty.

Distinction with no difference. Irrelevant nonsense.

(10-01-2015 07:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  According to the many retarded atheists guide

Name two, and quote what exactly you're talking about, page and line.

(10-01-2015 07:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Saying it's false means nothing.

Exactly. But is IS the fallacy of the false analogy. Apparently you never took Logic. Tell us how it is a true analogy.

(10-01-2015 07:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  What god don't I dismiss?

So you're not a theist then. Remind us why you're wasting your time here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-01-2015, 10:03 PM
(10-01-2015 08:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 04:12 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Sorry your personal opinion does little to sway my experience. Don't know why.

Being uneducated simpleton can do that, however that's irrelevant at the moment. It's not my personal opinion that you have failed to show how Atheism is an anachronistic position, that's just a fact. You have not. In fact you haven't even really tried to do so, you simply walked in pulled your lip assertion out and flopped it down on the desk and started trying to talk as if it was a fact. It's not.

You are more then welcome to think you are onto something with your grade school level pseudo-philosophy but you utilize so many logical fallacies I'm not surprised at all you have trouble with the basics.

If you don't believe there is a god then you dear child are an Atheist. Refusing to self identify as one makes you no less an Atheist than self identifying as a cat makes you not a Human. Drinking Beverage

"Being education simepleton" means that I think your opinion is wrong, and "but you utilize so many logical fallacies".

Laugh out load

Brush up on your writing and thinking and you might have a point.
10-01-2015, 10:06 PM
(10-01-2015 07:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 09:01 AM)Free Wrote:  Hey dummy, you're still here?

What gives you that impression?

Am I to think another idiot has taken your place? Again, I find that unreasonable since I find it highly improbable that there could another person on this planet as stupid as you are.

Quote:
Quote:If it weren't true, it wouldn't be the only method used to determine existence.

Since philosophical naturalism has demonstrated itself to be 100% effective thus far in determining existence, then the science has conclusively demonstrated itself to be true.

You're confused, it's methodological naturalism that allows us to assess reality, you're conflating the two out of ignorance or stupidity.

And you are too fucking stupid to have been capable of learning that methodological naturalism is completely dependent philosophical naturalism.

Learn something ffs:

Methodological Naturalism:

It is a distinct system of thought concerned with a cognitive approach to reality, and is thus a philosophy of knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalism_...losophy%29

Since the rest of what you said only demonstrates more of your stupidity, no need to embarrass you more than you've already embarrassed yourself.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
10-01-2015, 10:36 PM
(10-01-2015 10:03 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 08:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Being uneducated simpleton can do that, however that's irrelevant at the moment. It's not my personal opinion that you have failed to show how Atheism is an anachronistic position, that's just a fact. You have not. In fact you haven't even really tried to do so, you simply walked in pulled your lip assertion out and flopped it down on the desk and started trying to talk as if it was a fact. It's not.

"Being education simepleton" means that I think your opinion is wrong, and "but you utilize so many logical fallacies".

Laugh out load

He says while spelling 2 of his first 3 words wrong in a sentence that makes no sense structurally. Facepalm

You're an uneducated simpleton because even now, 60 fucking pages in, you're still having to have what Atheism does and does not entail or include explained to you. By multiple people. Repeatedly. Sloooooooowly.
You are a uneducated simpleton because even now, 60 fucking pages in, you're still using the exact same DEMONSTRATED failures in logic to try and pass off your intellectually vapid pseudo-philosophy as some kind of valid argument. These logical fallacies have been both pointed out and explained to you yet you keep using them. So either you ARE a fucking retard, or you are just a stubborn asshole who can't support his pet bit of stupid without them.

You are more then welcome to disagree with my opinion of you being fucking retarded(you're fucking retarded though so frankly I would expect you to think I'm wrong) but if you're going to try and mock someones writing and thinking as a hallow diversion from dealing with their points (which surprise! I saw through) maybe you shouldn't make the kind of mistakes that would get you flunked in a Grade 6 English class and physically ejected for a Basic Logic classroom in your first damn sentence.

You made an assertion, your refused to demonstrate it or even offer an explanation for it, you got called out on it and now you're tap dancing around that like a lil' bitch. Proving you're just another one of the dime a dozen negative reped wannabe intellectuals that will be forgotten less then 3 weeks after you are gone. You are a walking cliche we see in here ever few months. Drinking Beverage

My point remains: It's the thing you tried to avoid when you made your assertion.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
10-01-2015, 10:38 PM
(10-01-2015 10:06 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 07:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  What gives you that impression?

Am I to think another idiot has taken your place? Again, I find that unreasonable since I find it highly improbable that there could another person on this planet as stupid as you are.

Quote:You're confused, it's methodological naturalism that allows us to assess reality, you're conflating the two out of ignorance or stupidity.

And you are too fucking stupid to have been capable of learning that methodological naturalism is completely dependent philosophical naturalism.

Learn something ffs:

Methodological Naturalism:

It is a distinct system of thought concerned with a cognitive approach to reality, and is thus a philosophy of knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalism_...losophy%29

Since the rest of what you said only demonstrates more of your stupidity, no need to embarrass you more than you've already embarrassed yourself.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Lol you're not too bright are you?

Taken from the link:

Methodological naturalism concerns itself not with claims about what exists but with methods of learning what nature is. It is strictly the idea that all scientific endeavors—all hypotheses and events—are to be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events. The genesis of nature (for example, by an act of God) is not addressed. This second sense of naturalism seeks only to provide a framework within which to conduct the scientific study of the laws of nature.
10-01-2015, 10:40 PM
(10-01-2015 10:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:03 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  "Being education simepleton" means that I think your opinion is wrong, and "but you utilize so many logical fallacies".

Laugh out load

He says while spelling 2 of his first 3 words wrong in a sentence that makes no sense structurally. Facepalm

My point remains: It's the thing you tried to avoid when you made your assertion.

I was taking the piss out of your malformed statement, obviously this was lost on you.

The rest of your rant...blah..blah, retarded....