Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
11-01-2015, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 04:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(11-01-2015 03:09 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 02:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Ah, I love the smell of victory in the morning.

You see, the problem is, you are a stupid cunt.

Besides that, you fail to grasp the idea that I judge things based on probability. It's not a black and white proposition. When given the dichotomy between 'the supernatural exists' and 'the supernatural does not exist', it's not as simple as knowing one or the other is 100% correct forevermore.

You see that problem and cry 'agnosticism', you simply refuse to make a probabilistic judgement. I evaluate the available evidence and came to the conclusion that the proposition that 'the supernatural does not exist' is far more probable than the alternative.

But you probably still don't get it, because you've demonstrated what a stupid cunt you are. Drinking Beverage

Excellent, care to tell me what evidence you have for existence and what % you have assigned to each set of evidence, to then calculate the probability?

How much evidence is there in support of the supernatural? Nothing. Just thought experiments and word games. Whereas the entirety of the known and experienced universe that makes up our perceived reality, and all of the evidence therein accessible to us, is natural.

So, do you need me to put it into an equation for you?

Do you also need help with your safety helmet and putting the lid on your sippy cup?

[Image: sippy-cup.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 03:32 AM
(11-01-2015 03:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:09 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Excellent, care to tell me what evidence you have for existence and what % you have assigned to each set of evidence, to then calculate the probability?

How much evidence is there in support of the supernatural? Nothing. Just thought experiments and word games. Whereas the entirety of the known and experienced universe that makes up our perceived reality, and all of the evidence therein accessible to us, is natural.

So, do you need my to put it into an equation for you?

Do you also need help with your safety helmet and putting the lid on your sippy cup?

You've asserted that the natural is all there is based on probability, i want to know how you assigned this probability.
11-01-2015, 03:57 AM
(11-01-2015 03:32 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How much evidence is there in support of the supernatural? Nothing. Just thought experiments and word games. Whereas the entirety of the known and experienced universe that makes up our perceived reality, and all of the evidence therein accessible to us, is natural.

You've asserted that the natural is all there is based on probability, i want to know how you assigned this probability.

Weighing the evidence you stupid fuck. There is ZERO evidence in support of the existence of the supernatural.

You do understand what ZERO means, right? None. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Fuck all.

So you have zero evidence on one end of the scale, and all the rest of the evidence on the other end, and you're standing there dumbfounded and amazed at the fact that the scale didn't remain perfectly balanced. You stupid cunt... Facepalm

[Image: 94TbAejig.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-01-2015, 05:29 AM
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__​
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
11-01-2015, 08:59 AM
(11-01-2015 03:32 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How much evidence is there in support of the supernatural? Nothing. Just thought experiments and word games. Whereas the entirety of the known and experienced universe that makes up our perceived reality, and all of the evidence therein accessible to us, is natural.

Well dummy, that is easy.

Since there is nothing else except naturalism, it is therefore 100%.

How's that grab ya, genius?

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
11-01-2015, 09:06 AM
(10-01-2015 10:38 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:06 PM)Free Wrote:  Am I to think another idiot has taken your place? Again, I find that unreasonable since I find it highly improbable that there could another person on this planet as stupid as you are.

And you are too fucking stupid to have been capable of learning that methodological naturalism is completely dependent philosophical naturalism.

Learn something ffs:

Methodological Naturalism:

It is a distinct system of thought concerned with a cognitive approach to reality, and is thus a philosophy of knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalism_...losophy%29

Since the rest of what you said only demonstrates more of your stupidity, no need to embarrass you more than you've already embarrassed yourself.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Lol you're not too bright are you?

Taken from the link:

Methodological naturalism concerns itself not with claims about what exists but with methods of learning what nature is. It is strictly the idea that all scientific endeavors—all hypotheses and events—are to be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events. The genesis of nature (for example, by an act of God) is not addressed. This second sense of naturalism seeks only to provide a framework within which to conduct the scientific study of the laws of nature.

Here, let me demonstrate to everyone the part of that quote from Wiki that you so conveniently decided not to include:

"Methodological naturalism concerns itself not with claims about what exists but with methods of learning what nature is. It is strictly the idea that all scientific endeavors—all hypotheses and events—are to be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events. The genesis of nature (for example, by an act of God) is not addressed. This second sense of naturalism seeks only to provide a framework within which to conduct the scientific study of the laws of nature. Methodological naturalism is a way of acquiring knowledge. It is a distinct system of thought concerned with a cognitive approach to reality, and is thus a philosophy of knowledge."

Did you notice the bold, italicized, and underlined text at the end?

Did ... did ... did your wittle mind see da?

You keep demonstrating yourself to be willfully deceptive, and lacking a few marbles in that thing you call a brain.

Again, you are just too stupid for this conversation, as handing you your ass is like taking candy from a baby.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 4 users Like Free's post
11-01-2015, 10:51 AM
(11-01-2015 02:00 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  WeepingLaughat

Don't pretend to be a victim, it doesn't suit you sir.

Blink

Wait, what? Me claiming victim?

I was just pointing out that I still haven't actually been replied to other than you now trying to call me names.

Consider

I'm now wondering what goes on in your mind......

Still, I prefer something more like this.

So... still awaiting an answer myself... but I can wait. Also hoping, maybe for an actual answer to others... but for that I'm rather past thinking it's going to happen.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-01-2015, 12:44 PM
(11-01-2015 09:06 AM)Free Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:38 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Lol you're not too bright are you?

Taken from the link:

Methodological naturalism concerns itself not with claims about what exists but with methods of learning what nature is. It is strictly the idea that all scientific endeavors—all hypotheses and events—are to be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events. The genesis of nature (for example, by an act of God) is not addressed. This second sense of naturalism seeks only to provide a framework within which to conduct the scientific study of the laws of nature.

Here, let me demonstrate to everyone the part of that quote from Wiki that you so conveniently decided not to include:

"Methodological naturalism concerns itself not with claims about what exists but with methods of learning what nature is. It is strictly the idea that all scientific endeavors—all hypotheses and events—are to be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events. The genesis of nature (for example, by an act of God) is not addressed. This second sense of naturalism seeks only to provide a framework within which to conduct the scientific study of the laws of nature. Methodological naturalism is a way of acquiring knowledge. It is a distinct system of thought concerned with a cognitive approach to reality, and is thus a philosophy of knowledge."

Did you notice the bold, italicized, and underlined text at the end?

Did ... did ... did your wittle mind see da?

You keep demonstrating yourself to be willfully deceptive, and lacking a few marbles in that thing you call a brain.

Again, you are just too stupid for this conversation, as handing you your ass is like taking candy from a baby.

Drinking Beverage

You don't understand what you're arguing for. You've stated methodological naturalism is dependant on philosophical naturalism which it's not. The definition provided this but you don't understand it.

i will break it down for you. methodological naturalism is a method for us to assess our material reality' while philosophical naturalism
claims our our material reality is all there is.

Do you get the difference yet? No, Oh well. keep going.
11-01-2015, 12:57 PM
(11-01-2015 08:59 AM)Free Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 03:32 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You've asserted that the natural is all there is based on probability, i want to know how you assigned this probability.

Well dummy, that is easy.

Since there is nothing else except naturalism, it is therefore 100%.

How's that grab ya, genius?

Drinking Beverage
Lol your claim has 100% chance of being true yet you cannot tell me what formula you've used nor the variables.

Do you even know what one of the variables is?
Let me guess, see evidence = 100%. Not really convincing is it?
11-01-2015, 12:59 PM
(11-01-2015 10:51 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 02:00 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  WeepingLaughat

Don't pretend to be a victim, it doesn't suit you sir.

Blink

Wait, what? Me claiming victim?

I was just pointing out that I still haven't actually been replied to other than you now trying to call me names.

Consider

I'm now wondering what goes on in your mind......

Still, I prefer something more like this.

So... still awaiting an answer myself... but I can wait. Also hoping, maybe for an actual answer to others... but for that I'm rather past thinking it's going to happen.

Much cheers to all.

I have no idea what your questions are. You fail to comprehend what has been written.