Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
12-01-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
So... after 65 pages.. All I understand is that Brown shirt doesn't like the idea of Philosophical naturalism.

I've asked for some clarifications of the other things they've posted which I couldn't make sense of but they are too far gone to even bother to work out which parts of their posts don't make sense.

So, other than some one having a position/idea.attitude about which I should care why.... has anything else come out of this thread? Consider

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
12-01-2015, 02:18 AM
(12-01-2015 02:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 01:55 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Lol your position comes down to having no option but to accept it. It's so ridiculously contrived and thick that I'm still not convinced you're not trolling.

No, my position comes down to not fitting inside the nice, neat, little box of a dichotomy you are trying oh-so-desperately to cram me and everything else into; and that confuses the shit out of you. Laughat

[Image: 98986b112f957700c93dee61f11dc9148cbf01a0...afd24d.jpg]

“In our reasonings concerning matter of fact, there are all imaginable degrees of assurance, from the highest certainty to the lowest species of moral evidence. A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence.
- David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding

Your position is so inept it makes me laugh. It's like Travis thinking he's movie star. I don't think he is, but you're probably convinced.

12-01-2015, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 02:34 AM by Brownshirt.)
(12-01-2015 02:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  All I understand is that Brown shirt doesn't like the idea of Philosophical naturalism.

Mainly because it's a claim to truth and has no evidence. Just like theism.
12-01-2015, 02:34 AM
(12-01-2015 02:30 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Mainly because it's a claim to truth and has no evidence. Just like theism.

Yes.. you keep typing those words.

Might you have more to add? Why do your comments/opinion matter?

Also... why should the average person actually care about anything to do with philosophy?

Is there even an "Applied philosophy" type of effect/thing/effort? Consider

Much cheers to all.
12-01-2015, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 07:32 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-01-2015 02:18 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  No, my position comes down to not fitting inside the nice, neat, little box of a dichotomy you are trying oh-so-desperately to cram me and everything else into; and that confuses the shit out of you. Laughat

[Image: 98986b112f957700c93dee61f11dc9148cbf01a0...afd24d.jpg]

“In our reasonings concerning matter of fact, there are all imaginable degrees of assurance, from the highest certainty to the lowest species of moral evidence. A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence.
- David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding

Your position is so inept it makes me laugh. It's like Travis thinking he's movie star. I don't think he is, but you're probably convinced.

Inept? Coming from the person who ditches evidence in favor of Magical Thinking™? Laughat

The person who is so caught up on attempting to hammer the same argument (naturalism is a claim) like it's some sort of be-all-end-all lynch pin, while entirely oblivious to the facts that you cannot prove a negative; and that if it was not true then the inverse would be positive belief in the supernatural. So we need to determine how probable is it that something exists outside of the natural. Consider

Who has all of the evidence? The natural. Thumbsup

Who has no evidence? The supernatural. Sadcryface2

Who doesn't give a shit about evidence because they're more interesting in being a poo flinging orangutan? You. Hobo

Your position of being agnostic towards supernaturalism is nothing more than a flaccid word game. It's about as reasonable as being agnostic between the Invisible Pink Unicorn and Carl Sagan's Invisible Garage Dragon, because Sagan's Dragon cannot satisfactorily explain the origin of invisibility.

Now go away, the adults are talking. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2015, 02:59 AM
Oh well it does appear your retardation is permanent.

Just out of interest, does this bear any resemblance to you and your cat?

[Image: look-mittens-a-faggot.jpg]
12-01-2015, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:56 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-01-2015 02:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So... after 65 pages.. All I understand is that Brown shirt doesn't like the idea of Philosophical naturalism.

I've asked for some clarifications of the other things they've posted which I couldn't make sense of but they are too far gone to even bother to work out which parts of their posts don't make sense.

So, other than some one having a position/idea.attitude about which I should care why.... has anything else come out of this thread? Consider

Much cheers to all.

I suspect he's a theist troll, because he is entirely hung up on trying to force people to prove a negative. I suspect he knows this, and thinks it's his be-all-end-all lynch pin, as it's the very hook that everything he has said hangs from. In an effort to support this, he tries his damned hardest to force everyone into his own categorical boxes and stawman's them as he tries to burden others with claims he wants them to make in order to fit into his dichotomies.

He also claims he doesn't adhere to an evidence based epistemology, but even after more than half a dozen requests he has failed to ever elaborate what non-evidence based epistemology he does use. I suspect he doesn't know what "epistemology" even means.

BS - Philosophical naturalism is a claim you cannot prove, that's why I'm agnostic and you're all big poo-poo heads!

EK - You can't prove a negative.

BS - But it's a claim you cannot prove! GOTCHA!

EK - It being false would require the inverse (supernaturalism) being true. We can test for the inverse. The inverse doesn't appear to exist.

BS - Fuck your evidence! You simply can't prove your claim!

EK - It's not my claim, but naturalism appears to be far more probable than the supernatural, based on the available evidence.

BS - You still can't prove your claim!

EK - You're an idiot incapable of understanding that you're asking the wrong questions.

Repeat ad nausea. Drinking Beverage

So for those of you who haven't kept up, let me sum up Brownshirt's 'argument' for you with one image.

[Image: logoEMB.png]

[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2015, 03:07 AM
(12-01-2015 02:59 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Oh well it does appear your retardation is permanent.

Just out of interest, does this bear any resemblance to you and your cat?

[Image: look-mittens-a-faggot.jpg]

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I don't speak fluent douchebag.

12-01-2015, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 03:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Admins, can we move this to the Viper's Pit because it's clear the OP isn't interested in intelligent discourse?

Everyone else, you know what to I need you to do.

[Image: 60s-spiderman-out-of-fucking-nowhere.jpg]

12-01-2015, 04:35 AM
He's a bigot also, about par for Nazi trash.