Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
12-01-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(12-01-2015 02:59 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Oh well it does appear your retardation is permanent.

Just out of interest, does this bear any resemblance to you and your cat?

[Image: look-mittens-a-faggot.jpg]

Oh goodie.....a homophobic asshole to boot.
Annnnd Brownshirt digs his hole deeper still.

jesus what a putz!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 12:17 PM
(10-01-2015 04:08 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 04:37 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Quote:All I'm asking about "value" is what your basis for saying atheism was a more valuable position 100 years ago. In what sense is it more valuable? It's still a minority position today also, but being in a minority isn't reason for something having value... except within Hipster principals.

I don't know what hipster principles are.

If you're going against the norm, then saying you lack belief in whatever the norm posits, then it has value. Now, since religion is plummeting saying you lack belief in what a minority states is virtually redundant.

Quote:I don't go around assuming people are theist/atheist this or that anyway. I don't get how you think that is relevant. The "religious part of a state" is a point of making so little sense. Day to day interactions aside, the well known world and political majority are religious and act in manners to favor religion. That is still a position many people find value to be against. I'm really not seeing your perspective on these topics at times. It's not that I don't agree, it's that I can't see where you are coming from with some of your stances because they aren't rationally defined.

So why bother using the label of atheist then? You don't generalise about theists, just lack belief in one thing they state. I don't believe collecting stamps is fun, but I'm not an a-philatelist

Quote:And no I'm not trolling you.. That's what I'm talking about with the asserting things to be true. I'm not talking about saying you don't know, I'm talking about things like that you keep doing. Saying X isn't Real or a person is dodging, or a person is position is really more than it is, or that has more value then, etc. These are just assertions as well. Just like someone saying X is the only way the universe can be. It may be less significant to you but they're still the same mental actions.

This pertains to what Ive said above. You're only going to espouse atheism unless you think it has some purpose. Just being an atheist, and coming here makes no sense. You need to have a purpose, an agenda, call it what you like.

Quote:I'm talking about the term/position atheism itself... How is there exceptions to what the term? People and their beliefs aren't the same as the position itself.

I'm talking about the drivers behind atheists, not atheism.

You've returned to the trolling game over the past days, but if that's all you want to do I can move along from responding.

You keep talking in some bizarre manner as if Theism and religious input into political action wasn't the norm and majority status. It heavily is around the world and in the US. I don't know where you live, maybe it's in some European nation that is hardly religious, but that doesn't depict the world we live in.

I hope your position on that will make sense 50 years from now, and I would agree with you. Though Non-belief still isn't a majority and many people don't have a sharp understanding of what non-belief is outside of poor generalized stereotypes to this day. If in a 100 years the majority was clearly non-belief, Atheism definitely would be a pointless position. It still has value for political-social understanding motives, something that shouldn't be hard to understand.

If your whole intention is that you're "talking about the drives of atheism" then don't consistently use the blank term "atheism" when doing so. Drives you assert are the drives, nor drives that actually are truly motivating someone, don't overtake what the term means. If you want to keep looking foolish, continue these unjustified connections or keep trolling.(And any childish argument of they started trolling your first or fair communication isn't possible on the internet isn't going to win anyone over to your position, not even those who actually agree with you on some points)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-01-2015, 12:17 PM
(12-01-2015 11:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:59 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Oh well it does appear your retardation is permanent.

Just out of interest, does this bear any resemblance to you and your cat?

[Image: look-mittens-a-faggot.jpg]

Oh goodie.....a homophobic asshole to boot.

jesus what a putz!

Oh god that's so typical, I'm not homophobic.

You atheists love to think everyone else is bigoted. Your position is that weak.
12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
(12-01-2015 12:17 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 11:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh goodie.....a homophobic asshole to boot.

jesus what a putz!

Oh god that's so typical, I'm not homophobic.

You atheists love to think everyone else is bigoted. Your position is that weak.

Brownshirt logic.

Posts bigoted meme.

Gets pissed when people think he's a bigot.

Hobo

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2015, 12:53 PM
It appears that you failed to grasp it.

All you do is call people cunts and other names etc and make retarded assertions.

Given your obvious cat per persona it seemed appropriate. I do have a predisposition to cat people though, mainly that they struggle to make real life connections and create a deity out their cat.
12-01-2015, 12:57 PM
(12-01-2015 12:53 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  It appears that you failed to grasp it.

The irony. Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
12-01-2015, 01:14 PM
(12-01-2015 12:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:53 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  It appears that you failed to grasp it.

The irony. Facepalm

Meh insert pejorative here.
12-01-2015, 01:35 PM
(11-01-2015 12:44 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 09:06 AM)Free Wrote:  Here, let me demonstrate to everyone the part of that quote from Wiki that you so conveniently decided not to include:

"Methodological naturalism concerns itself not with claims about what exists but with methods of learning what nature is. It is strictly the idea that all scientific endeavors—all hypotheses and events—are to be explained and tested by reference to natural causes and events. The genesis of nature (for example, by an act of God) is not addressed. This second sense of naturalism seeks only to provide a framework within which to conduct the scientific study of the laws of nature. Methodological naturalism is a way of acquiring knowledge. It is a distinct system of thought concerned with a cognitive approach to reality, and is thus a philosophy of knowledge."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalism_...losophy%29

Did you notice the bold, italicized, and underlined text at the end?

Did ... did ... did your wittle mind see da?

You keep demonstrating yourself to be willfully deceptive, and lacking a few marbles in that thing you call a brain.

Again, you are just too stupid for this conversation, as handing you your ass is like taking candy from a baby.

Drinking Beverage

You don't understand what you're arguing for. You've stated methodological naturalism is dependant on philosophical naturalism which it's not. The definition provided this but you don't understand it.

i will break it down for you. methodological naturalism is a method for us to assess our material reality' while philosophical naturalism
claims our our material reality is all there is.

Do you get the difference yet? No, Oh well. keep going.

First of all, let me educate you on something. You entitled this thread as ...

Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Atheism is not a position held, but rather a state of being. For more education on this, go Here.

Secondly, there can be no methodological naturalism without their first being philosophical naturalism. One must think first, before one can apply any method. They are both a united and inseparable singularity.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
12-01-2015, 02:52 PM
(11-01-2015 11:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 09:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Seeing as my friend sabrina here is well respected, she is pretty much a celebrity here. You on the other hand, the door is over there.

i know she has 95 magic points which is mind boggling. She would be like the Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize in the celebrity world so consider me in awe of the huge celebrity.

You can be disrespectful towards me all you want. Doesn't bother me. I'm nobody. But you've no right nor reason to disrespect others here. Please go be shitty someplace else.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
12-01-2015, 03:25 PM
(12-01-2015 12:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:17 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Oh god that's so typical, I'm not homophobic.

Brownshirt logic.

Posts bigoted meme.

Gets pissed when people think he's a bigot.

Hobo

thank you

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post