Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
12-01-2015, 05:10 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(12-01-2015 01:35 PM)Free Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 12:44 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You don't understand what you're arguing for. You've stated methodological naturalism is dependant on philosophical naturalism which it's not. The definition provided this but you don't understand it.

i will break it down for you. methodological naturalism is a method for us to assess our material reality' while philosophical naturalism
claims our our material reality is all there is.

Do you get the difference yet? No, Oh well. keep going.

First of all, let me educate you on something. You entitled this thread as ...

Atheism is not a position held, but rather a state of being. For more education on this, go Here.

Secondly, there can be no methodological naturalism without their first being philosophical naturalism. One must think first, before one can apply any method. They are both a united and inseparable singularity.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

i don't care about how an athiest views atheism.

It's there.

You dont assume philosophical naturalism to prove methodological naturalism, you assumme methodological naturalism for science.

That you cannot distinguish this is expected.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 05:12 PM
(12-01-2015 02:52 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 11:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  i know she has 95 magic points which is mind boggling. She would be like the HervĂ© Jean-Pierre Villechaize in the celebrity world so consider me in awe of the huge celebrity.

You can be disrespectful towards me all you want. Doesn't bother me. I'm nobody. But you've no right nor reason to disrespect others here. Please go be shitty someplace else.
ive been told you're a celebrity. It appears a drama queen.
12-01-2015, 05:14 PM
(12-01-2015 12:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:17 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Oh god that's so typical, I'm not homophobic.

You atheists love to think everyone else is bigoted. Your position is that weak.

Brownshirt logic.

Posts bigoted meme.

Gets pissed when people think he's a bigot.

Hobo

seriously though i imagine this picture to be accurate.
12-01-2015, 05:36 PM
(12-01-2015 05:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 01:35 PM)Free Wrote:  First of all, let me educate you on something. You entitled this thread as ...

Atheism is not a position held, but rather a state of being. For more education on this, go Here.

Secondly, there can be no methodological naturalism without their first being philosophical naturalism. One must think first, before one can apply any method. They are both a united and inseparable singularity.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

i don't care about how an atheist views atheism.

We all understand that. We also understand that you seem to have serious problems understanding what an atheist/atheism actually is. That has been conclusively demonstrated to be true numerous times here.

Quote:You don't assume philosophical naturalism to prove methodological naturalism, you assume methodological naturalism for science.

Without the philosophy, you have no method. Period.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM
(12-01-2015 05:36 PM)Free Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  i don't care about how an atheist views atheism.

We all understand that. We also understand that you seem to have serious problems understanding what an atheist/atheism actually is. That has been conclusively demonstrated to be true numerous times here.

Quote:You don't assume philosophical naturalism to prove methodological naturalism, you assume methodological naturalism for science.

atheists have a very clear agenda to push. when challenged you ALWAYS retract to the "atheism".

Its there.

you're inventing your own definition of philosophical naturalism there.
12-01-2015, 05:48 PM
(12-01-2015 05:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:36 PM)Free Wrote:  We all understand that. We also understand that you seem to have serious problems understanding what an atheist/atheism actually is. That has been conclusively demonstrated to be true numerous times here.

atheists have a very clear agenda to push. when challenged you ALWAYS retract to the "atheism".

What is our agenda?

Quote:you're inventing your own definition of philosophical naturalism there.

No. It's common sense. You cannot employ the method without the philosophy (knowledge). It's impossible.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
12-01-2015, 06:35 PM
(12-01-2015 05:48 PM)Free Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  atheists have a very clear agenda to push. when challenged you ALWAYS retract to the "atheism".

What is our agenda?

Quote:you're inventing your own definition of philosophical naturalism there.

No. It's common sense. You cannot employ the method without the philosophy (knowledge). It's impossible.

One is a claim of truth. See if you can work out which one.

Your agenda is to assert science as a new religion.
12-01-2015, 07:30 PM
You're obviously the philosophy major who couldn't make it in the Sciences. The one who would do nothing but argue pointlessly and quibble over things you fail to really comprehend. A person who will deny reality and all existence so you can entertain your own delusions of grandeur. I find it very amusing .Wink
12-01-2015, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 08:34 PM by Free.)
(12-01-2015 06:35 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 05:48 PM)Free Wrote:  What is our agenda?

One is a claim of truth. See if you can work out which one.

One makes the claim, and the other acts upon it.

See if you can work that out.

Quote:Your agenda is to assert science as a new religion.

That is not what atheism is. There are dozens of atheists here who haven't a clue about science, and could care less.

[Image: carryon.gif]

12-01-2015, 09:10 PM
(12-01-2015 05:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 12:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Brownshirt logic.

Posts bigoted meme.

Gets pissed when people think he's a bigot.

Hobo

seriously though i imagine this picture to be accurate.

[Image: 1317614157745.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]