Atheism is a religion, too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Atheism is a religion, too
(19-03-2013 06:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Now that I feel bad for upsetting someone Ill shut up and go away. Lol. I'll remember to keep my opinions to myself in the future. Bad me Tongue
That's not necessary. If offense was a crime, then I'm already serving a life sentence. Besides, you're female -- there's already a shortage. I'd hate to be responsible for driving away one of the few.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 06:35 PM
(19-03-2013 06:32 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 06:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Now that I feel bad for upsetting someone Ill shut up and go away. Lol. I'll remember to keep my opinions to myself in the future. Bad me Tongue
That's not necessary. If offense was a crime, then I'm already serving a life sentence. Besides, you're female -- there's already a shortage. I'd hate to be responsible for driving away one of the few.
Naw. Don't worry you wont drive me away. Way to bloody stubborn for that. I've got a rule to keep personal opinions on such things to myself. I broke it when I knew I shouldn't have. Just needed the reminder.
Find all posts by this user
19-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Re: Atheism is a religion, too
Foxnews: atheism is a religion; Christianity is a philosophy!

Foxnews: WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WORDS
[+] 11 users Like ClydeLee's post
19-03-2013, 07:01 PM
(19-03-2013 04:44 PM)DylanC Wrote:  I blame the Facebook news feed!
I wonder what it is about the brain of the religious that constantly tries to equate science/atheism to religion. Perhaps a sense of comfort in "you're the same as me, therefore my position can't be threatened by you."
It's called leveling. And it's a human phenomenon, not just for theists.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
19-03-2013, 07:50 PM
(19-03-2013 06:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Foxnews: atheism is a religion; Christianity is a philosophy!

Foxnews: WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WORDS
Brilliant!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
22-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Fox news is deceiving..their opinion news shows are just catering to rating levels, its entertaining. Example, having met Bill O'Reilly, hes nothing like the guy he pretends/acts to be on the show.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
22-03-2013, 04:08 PM
They confuse religion and philosophy - I'm trying to be fair and balanced here - and as this article is resultant from Dawkins trying to debate... meh. He's too unsympathetic to be seen as "winning" a debate with a compassionate theist. But no, the bias is plain; faux news is all about " in god we trust," and everyone else is wrong.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
22-03-2013, 04:32 PM
When FOX bothers to label something as an opinion piece you just know you're in for a comedic treat and this is no exception.

Words have meaning. The author of this piece of garbage has apparently never looked up the definition of "religion" in a dictionary.
22-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Fox "news" exployees have a collective IQ of 80, and I'm being generous there.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
22-03-2013, 08:36 PM
(19-03-2013 06:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 06:23 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Perhaps not even a line. I think I qualify as both passionate and obsessed Smile which is why I took personal offense. I'm not religious, but I still care a great deal about morality and truth. And Christianity, of course -- it's a subject that I'm well-educated about, and it would be a shame to waste all that knowledge.
Well I certainly didn't mean to offend you. I apologize for that. You wouldn't even come to mind as one of the people I was talking about (from what I've seen of your posts).

I just don't understand the atheists that take it -way- beyond that. The ones who obsess on it to the point of taking over their life.

I sometimes wonder if the fact I have always just been an atheist affects how I see it.

Now that I feel bad for upsetting someone Ill shut up and go away. Lol. I'll remember to keep my opinions to myself in the future. Bad me Tongue
I think you right on. It's easy to replace one obsession with another. The only mistake is using the term religious, instead of obsessive. No big deal.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post