Atheism is blessed and holy hatred against all non-existing gods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 07:27 AM
RE: Atheism is blessed and holy hatred against all non-existing gods
You can tell when a Borg has been around, by their spoor....

[Image: pile-nuts-bolts-over-white-18941645.jpg]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-01-2017, 08:13 AM
(02-01-2017 10:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 10:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  holy hatred
Holy what now? Granted, the Bible does give a list of things God hates, but still...actually let me just quote Proverbs 6:16-19:

Quote:There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

None of these seem to be the vibe of "holy hatred" I seem to be getting from your post. Maybe it's just me though. Why would you hate someone for their beliefs, or lack there of? How does the energy required for that and the mental state it induces fit with the instructions of the prophet Micah (6:8), to love justice and kindness, and to walk humbly with God?

The post also makes me think of a rough draft I've been working on of something, going to quote the relevant bit below:

Quote:Deus Vult/ were two words that launched the Crusades under the direction of Pope Urban II. "God wills it" in English, a phrase that seems unlikely to be linked to Christian violence in the modern era. One would assume that in the twenty-first century, the idea of violence inspired by hating another in the name of the God of the Bible would be nearly non-existent. That assumption would be, for many of those discussed in the following pages, a lethal mistake.

Seven things The Lord hates, one of which is a person who stirs up conflict in a community. Borg, I think you are on God's naughty list for number 7 Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-01-2017, 08:40 AM
(03-01-2017 12:33 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 12:26 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  What's with you. Are you trying to show us some kind of "this is your brain on theism" thing or what. You are proof that your god is all in your head. No god would send you as a spokesman for it. It would strike you down just to shut you up. I'm truly embarrassed for you.

Well, as the Goddess of Equipment Malfunctions, I suppose I could try smiting theBorg's computer. No guarantee as to when it'll take effect, though, or if it'll take out a clock or toaster instead.

If his computer hasn't self destructed out of sheer shame over what he is typing into it it must be pretty tough.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
03-01-2017, 08:52 AM
(03-01-2017 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ................
Seven things The Lord hates, one of which is a person who stirs up conflict in a community. Borg, I think you are on God's naughty list for number 7 Wink

I know there is the hell. The false atheists are heading for it, because the false atheism is a psychotic sickness. So, I must drag them away from hell.

Laugh out load
03-01-2017, 08:54 AM
(03-01-2017 08:52 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I know there is the hell. The false atheists are heading for it, because the false atheism is a psychotic sickness. So, I must drag them away from hell.

Laugh out load

Quote:Laugh out load

My reaction exactly. Nice to see that even you understand how stupid that was.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-01-2017, 08:58 AM
(03-01-2017 08:54 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ..........
Laugh out load

Or may it be the satisfaction of the POE's law? Otherwise the sanctions do come.

Yes
03-01-2017, 09:00 AM
(03-01-2017 08:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Otherwise the sanctions do come.

You need to be sectioned, not sanctioned.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-01-2017, 09:06 AM
(03-01-2017 08:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Or may it be the satisfaction of the POE's law? Otherwise the sanctions do come.

I've considered the idea that you are a poe and realized that there are 2 possibilities:
1) you aren't and you are just an incredibly deluded fool
b) you are a poe and getting some sort of kicks out of playing a total fool for so long is quite probably even more pathetic

Either way, it doesn't change the conclusion that you are a fucking idiot™.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
03-01-2017, 09:06 AM
(03-01-2017 08:52 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 08:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ................

I know there is the hell. The false atheists are heading for it, because the false atheism is a psychotic sickness. So, I must drag them away from hell.

Laugh out load

A symptom of psychosis is engaging in delusional thinking. A delusion is an idiosyncratic belief that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality and rational argument. I know this will probably be lost on you because you don't want to tear yourself away from delusion, but there it is nonetheless Wink
03-01-2017, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 09:13 AM by jennybee.)
(03-01-2017 09:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 08:58 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Or may it be the satisfaction of the POE's law? Otherwise the sanctions do come.

I've considered the idea that you are a poe and realized that there are 2 possibilities:
1) you aren't and you are just an incredibly deluded fool
b) you are a poe and getting some sort of kicks out of playing a total fool for so long is quite probably even more pathetic

Either way, it doesn't change the conclusion that you are a fucking idiot™.

I choose door number 2. Although I have known a few xtians like the Borg. I'm thinking it's a bit of both.