Atheism is blessed and holy hatred against all non-existing gods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Atheism is blessed and holy hatred against all non-existing gods
(03-01-2017 02:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Live typing as I watch Borg's video:
Man this seems like one of those bad FB ads trying to tell me I can get any woman if I follow this endless advice to the product they sell me--oh wait, "you can hear it all in my book Shattered". Woo, 30 seconds in. Okay, fair enough giving cartoon version Saint Augustine a crozier, as he was a Bishop, but why the ever loving fudge does he have a Pope hat on? That's not how the Big Bang worked. Dude, I don't think you really understand the double standard of your "life from non-life" position here regarding abiogenesis, considering if I read you right, you're a Creationist, and therefore literally believe that Adam was formed from dirt. Or, you know, life came from non-life. Also what the fudge is a "Biological Big Bang"? Your sheer number of misunderstandings makes me pause this five minute clip way too often, but your video is for PragerU, which my Baptist minister cousin in law posts videos from all the time, so this does not shock me. Umm...do we really want to discuss the untold numbers of diverse species when you're showing us a cartoon version of animals boarding Noah's Ark?

"Next we need an anthropological Big Bang, which Darwin was after"...stop video, you're drunk. No, seriously, I just had two students in class deny the existence of evolution and argue with me about it when we were doing the basic overviews of what theories we'd be touching on, and deny that transitional fossils even exist. And it's videos and people like you's fault. I grew up in a southern state, and other than one seminar at church by Kent Hovind, I never encountered evolution denial until a Creationism teaching Biology Adjunct Prof. in college. Now it seems to be everywhere. No, fricking paramecium does not have a brain and a central nervous system, it's a fucking single celled organism you idiot. Sorry video, sorry, getting a bit testy because things like you are why I'm having to argue in a university about the existence of evolution, and you can't even be bothered to half ass it right.

Free will, introspection, and why? Good questions. Let's put Dan Dennett and Sam Harris in a room together with half a dozen ministers who seem to have your level of understanding of things and watch the discussion over those concepts, it should be fun. Popcorn

Psychological Big Bang Facepalm "There's no evidence for any gradual development in any of these". ...please tell me this torture is almost over. Do I get time off of Purgatory for this video? I feel like I deserve an existential reward for wading through poor existential arguments. "Next time someone asks you about the Big Bang, you ask them, which one?" No, please don't make people look that bad by doing that. This video is a fine example on why I choose my apologetics materials like a wine snob goes for a fine wine, it ruins the experience for me when someone is this sloppy about it.

(03-01-2017 09:06 AM)jennybee Wrote:  A symptom of psychosis is engaging in delusional thinking. A delusion is an idiosyncratic belief that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality and rational argument. I know this will probably be lost on you because you don't want to tear yourself away from delusion, but there it is nonetheless Wink

Oh snap. Drinking Beverage (Not lost on me, but if it's all the same, I and my "delusion" are perfectly happy. Just wanted to be like, "that was a really well executed jab".)

Well, yeah, you live in delusion Laugh out load but you also take a boat to reality Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-01-2017, 03:11 PM
(03-01-2017 09:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I've considered the idea that you are a poe and realized that there are 2 possibilities:
1) you aren't and you are just an incredibly deluded fool
b) you are a poe and getting some sort of kicks out of playing a total fool for so long is quite probably even more pathetic

Either way, it doesn't change the conclusion that you are a fucking idiot™.

I choose door number 2. Although I have known a few xtians like the Borg. I'm thinking it's a bit of both.

Wait, door number 2? Is this a Let's Make A Deal thingy?

[Image: letsmakeadealsubtle.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-01-2017, 03:12 PM
(03-01-2017 09:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I've considered the idea that you are a poe and realized that there are 2 possibilities:
1) you aren't and you are just an incredibly deluded fool
b) you are a poe and getting some sort of kicks out of playing a total fool for so long is quite probably even more pathetic

Either way, it doesn't change the conclusion that you are a fucking idiot™.

I choose door number 2. Although I have known a few xtians like the Borg. I'm thinking it's a bit of both.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-01-2017, 03:15 PM
(03-01-2017 03:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I choose door number 2. Although I have known a few xtians like the Borg. I'm thinking it's a bit of both.

Yes, aren't we all wearing costumes Unsure
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-01-2017, 03:16 PM
(03-01-2017 02:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 02:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Live typing as I watch Borg's video:
Man this seems like one of those bad FB ads trying to tell me I can get any woman if I follow this endless advice to the product they sell me--oh wait, "you can hear it all in my book Shattered". Woo, 30 seconds in. Okay, fair enough giving cartoon version Saint Augustine a crozier, as he was a Bishop, but why the ever loving fudge does he have a Pope hat on? That's not how the Big Bang worked. Dude, I don't think you really understand the double standard of your "life from non-life" position here regarding abiogenesis, considering if I read you right, you're a Creationist, and therefore literally believe that Adam was formed from dirt. Or, you know, life came from non-life. Also what the fudge is a "Biological Big Bang"? Your sheer number of misunderstandings makes me pause this five minute clip way too often, but your video is for PragerU, which my Baptist minister cousin in law posts videos from all the time, so this does not shock me. Umm...do we really want to discuss the untold numbers of diverse species when you're showing us a cartoon version of animals boarding Noah's Ark?

"Next we need an anthropological Big Bang, which Darwin was after"...stop video, you're drunk. No, seriously, I just had two students in class deny the existence of evolution and argue with me about it when we were doing the basic overviews of what theories we'd be touching on, and deny that transitional fossils even exist. And it's videos and people like you's fault. I grew up in a southern state, and other than one seminar at church by Kent Hovind, I never encountered evolution denial until a Creationism teaching Biology Adjunct Prof. in college. Now it seems to be everywhere. No, fricking paramecium does not have a brain and a central nervous system, it's a fucking single celled organism you idiot. Sorry video, sorry, getting a bit testy because things like you are why I'm having to argue in a university about the existence of evolution, and you can't even be bothered to half ass it right.

Free will, introspection, and why? Good questions. Let's put Dan Dennett and Sam Harris in a room together with half a dozen ministers who seem to have your level of understanding of things and watch the discussion over those concepts, it should be fun. Popcorn

Psychological Big Bang Facepalm "There's no evidence for any gradual development in any of these". ...please tell me this torture is almost over. Do I get time off of Purgatory for this video? I feel like I deserve an existential reward for wading through poor existential arguments. "Next time someone asks you about the Big Bang, you ask them, which one?" No, please don't make people look that bad by doing that. This video is a fine example on why I choose my apologetics materials like a wine snob goes for a fine wine, it ruins the experience for me when someone is this sloppy about it.

Oh snap. Drinking Beverage (Not lost on me, but if it's all the same, I and my "delusion" are perfectly happy. Just wanted to be like, "that was a really well executed jab".)

Well, yeah, you live in delusion Laugh out load but you also take a boat to reality Wink

I enjoy boat rides, they're calming. Wink Less existential dread too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-01-2017, 03:46 PM
I've had conversations with friends who deny climate change, but I've never talked with someone in person who denied evolution and I hope I never do.

I would lose my mind. I would have to walk away.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
03-01-2017, 04:14 PM
(03-01-2017 02:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh snap. Drinking Beverage (Not lost on me, but if it's all the same, I and my "delusion" are perfectly happy. Just wanted to be like, "that was a really well executed jab".)

You'd be happier without it. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-01-2017, 07:57 PM
(03-01-2017 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 02:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh snap. Drinking Beverage (Not lost on me, but if it's all the same, I and my "delusion" are perfectly happy. Just wanted to be like, "that was a really well executed jab".)

You'd be happier without it. Yes

So you keep assuring me Chas (good to see you back!), so you keep assuring me. Videos like that one just make me shake my head and go "what the Hell?" at the reasonings.

(03-01-2017 03:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I've had conversations with friends who deny climate change, but I've never talked with someone in person who denied evolution and I hope I never do.

I would lose my mind. I would have to walk away.

it makes me want to. Usually this is a once a semester thing when teaching the theory course...it's mind blowing. It's one thing to intellectually understand the statistic that 40% of Americans are Creationists, it's another thing to have someone boldly declare in class, "Well evolution is just a theory, there's no missing link" and when you bring up transitional fossils, "Well those are just forgeries".

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-01-2017, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 09:01 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Honestly, Shai, I feel great sympathy for you and my Beloved; she gets red-faced furious when she hears fellow Christians making those stupid arguments.

"STOP MAKING US LOOK STUPID!"

She stopped reading this forum over my shoulder after I asked for her advice a few times on how to phrase things, and her retorts to guys like Borg were... well, let's just say I try to be a bit more professional than that, even while calling him an idiot.

Edit to Add: To be fair, I should add that I agree with Matt Dillahunty that it's equally bad when atheists make bad anti-theism arguments, like the "definition of words that conflict with one another" paradoxes, or making claims about "problems" in the Bible that aren't actually what the Bible is saying, there. (Plenty of other actual scriptural problems to address... why resort to stupid ones that just convince Christians you have no idea what you're talking about?) Since preachers so often like to portray us as ignorant and/or "just angry at God" (or whatever), it rankles me when our side does it, too. Fortunately, I think it's a million times more common on your side of the aisle.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-01-2017, 09:49 PM
(03-01-2017 12:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Man I shit you not, I'm actually re-watching that video because I'm flabbergasted at how stupid that guy is.

I've never seen anyone get it all so wrong. He literally gets almost everything we know about science wrong.

What? You didn't like his paramecium with a brain? It's so cute!

And you've killed a few too many braincells if you're rewatching that drek!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post