Atheism is religion by another name

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: Atheism is religion by another name
(17-09-2012 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wait a sec. I read it when it came out. Does that mean ... ?

You & me both - Oldies but goodies - damn goodies. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2012, 11:04 AM
(17-09-2012 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 10:51 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea. Egsy just currently isn't getting that our little corner of the universe might be the proverbial tree in the forest. But, at least he's not stagnating and he seems to be moving along fairly briskly in the development of his understanding.

He's just into tweaking his own shit 'til he gets it right - nothing wrong with that. What's he calling the current incarnation of his belief - monistic something...?

Morondog's book recommendation - GEB - is an oldie but a goodie - a hell of a mind exercise and a fun read. I'm pretty sure it won a Pulitzer. Shy

Yes, it did. Godel, Escher, Bach

Wait a sec. I read it when it came out. Does that mean ... ?

(17-09-2012 11:02 AM)kim Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wait a sec. I read it when it came out. Does that mean ... ?

You & me both - Oldies but goodies - damn goodies. Wink

You are fucking old as fuck?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
17-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I am fucking old as fuck.

Consider Or, am I fucking old as fuck? Either way is pretty ok. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-09-2012, 11:14 AM
(17-09-2012 11:04 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, it did. Godel, Escher, Bach

Wait a sec. I read it when it came out. Does that mean ... ?

(17-09-2012 11:02 AM)kim Wrote:   You & me both - Oldies but goodies - damn goodies. Wink

You are fucking old as fuck?

I read it when I was really, really young. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Uh... yea, yea... I had it read to me when I was three and a half. Unsure

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-09-2012, 12:42 PM
(17-09-2012 11:19 AM)kim Wrote:  Uh... yea, yea... I had it read to me when I was three and a half. Unsure

Three and a half... centuries? Surely one would learn to read by then? But then I don't really know the age cycle of dragons... Tongue

Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-09-2012, 12:46 PM
(17-09-2012 12:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  Three and a half... centuries?
Shocking

Weeping

[+] 4 users Like kim's post
17-09-2012, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 05:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm done fooling myself; in paradox there is truth.

(16-09-2012 03:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is religion by another name.

(16-09-2012 04:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Atheism is religion by another definition of religion that would exclude all current religions.

Ah, you beat me to the punch, ya' big fuckin' burly bearded dude.

Is a religion which denies the validity of all religions itself a religion? I dunno. Let's Ask Bertrand. Wink

(17-09-2012 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 09:23 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Incorrect. He believes that the universe exists because life exists.

And that is patently absurd. Drinking Beverage

Hey don't blame Egor or Girly or even Lanza for it. Blame the late great John Archibald Wheeler for even contemplating such a patently absurd idea as a participatory universe and blame the fuckers at my alma mater the University of Maryland for actually going and demonstrating his Delayed Choice Experiment thereby separating the patently from the absurd. ... There's no blood on Girly's hands here. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-09-2012, 06:26 PM
(17-09-2012 05:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm done fooling myself; in paradox there is truth.

(16-09-2012 03:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is religion by another name.

(16-09-2012 04:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Atheism is religion by another definition of religion that would exclude all current religions.

Ah, you beat me to the punch, ya' big fuckin' burly bearded dude.

Is a religion which denies the validity of all religions itself a religion? I dunno. Let's Ask Bertrand. Wink

(17-09-2012 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  And that is patently absurd. Drinking Beverage

Hey don't blame Egor or Girly or even Lanza for it. Blame the late great John Archibald Wheeler for even contemplating such a patently absurd idea as a participatory universe and blame the fuckers at my alma mater the University of Maryland for actually going and demonstrating his Delayed Choice Experiment thereby separating the patently from the absurd. ... There's no blood on Girly's hands here. Big Grin

Considering the majority, of time in the universe existed with out life, ruins these notions. Another self annihilating idea.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
17-09-2012, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 07:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-09-2012 06:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Considering the majority, of time in the universe existed with out life, ruins these notions. Another self annihilating idea.

Why you trying to argue with Girly? I'm just a lowly computer scientist creating virtual worlds on a daily basis in my own God-like fashion. Evil_monster

Argue with the fucking physicists if you got issues with their interpretations of reality.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.