Atheism is religion by another name

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Atheism is religion by another name
(17-09-2012 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 06:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Considering the majority, of time in the universe existed with out life, ruins these notions. Another self annihilating idea.

Why you trying to argue with Girly? I'm just a lowly computer scientist creating virtual worlds on a daily basis in my own God-like fashion. Evil_monster

Argue with the fucking physicists if you got issues with their interpretations of reality.

fstrat beat me to it.
There just isn't a coherent model of reality that can encompass consciousness affecting, let alone creating, reality. The problem is in the design and/or interpretation of the experiments. The thought experiments are particularly unconvincing.

I'm not arguing with you, GM, just sayin'. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-09-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 09:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-09-2012 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why you trying to argue with Girly? I'm just a lowly computer scientist creating virtual worlds on a daily basis in my own God-like fashion. Evil_monster

Argue with the fucking physicists if you got issues with their interpretations of reality.

fstrat beat me to it.
There just isn't a coherent model of reality that can encompass consciousness affecting, let alone creating, reality. The problem is in the design and/or interpretation of the experiments. The thought experiments are particularly unconvincing.

I'm not arguing with you, GM, just sayin'. Consider

I ain't qualified to know if such a model could be coherent or not, Chas. I'd need at least a PhD in Physics to even offer an educated opinion. But apparently Wheeler thought there could be. He designed a thought experiment to partially test it. A scaled-down version of his thought experiment was later realized and demonstrated. More than once. So it was repeatable. The fuck is Girly to question Wheeler? ... I'm a computer scientist, I make virtual worlds. Girly ain't qualified to say shit about reality, it's outside of my area of expertise. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 09:34 PM
(16-09-2012 01:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  And to think you're telling me what I should do. Again, if there is no God giving the ultimate rule(s), then there is no criteria by which to call something good. It's that simple.

That's what philosophy is for; philosophies that are not connected to atheism.

You have to make a choice as you see fit. One determines what they value and you are doing the very same whether you understand that or not.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user