Atheism is religion by another name

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: Atheism is religion by another name
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  Correct as usual, Morondog: I have no religious sentiments whatsoever, not any longer. I believe God exists, but I believe all that exists is God. That being the case, I am actually an atheist and a theist at the same time. God can't have a god, so there is no God, but God exists because God is the only thing that exists.
That just makes you a pantheist. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
16-09-2012, 02:15 PM
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 01:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Unless he has gone back to Veridicanism he eventually abandoned it a few months ago...

Correct as usual, Morondog: I have no religious sentiments whatsoever, not any longer. I believe God exists, but I believe all that exists is God. That being the case, I am actually an atheist and a theist at the same time. God can't have a god, so there is no God, but God exists because God is the only thing that exists.

I'm done fooling myself; in paradox there is truth.

I still don't understand where you think this god thingy is, if everything that exist is god then why not just call it universe like the rest of the world and stop trying to attribute it some sort of personality?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
16-09-2012, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 02:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 01:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Unless he has gone back to Veridicanism he eventually abandoned it a few months ago...

Correct as usual, Morondog: I have no religious sentiments whatsoever, not any longer. I believe God exists, but I believe all that exists is God. That being the case, I am actually an atheist and a theist at the same time. God can't have a god, so there is no God, but God exists because God is the only thing that exists.

I'm done fooling myself; in paradox there is truth.

You are absurd. Nothing wrong with that, Girly's an absurd man too.

And this is probably at least the third time I've pointed out to you that the views you express are not pantheist, but rather biocentrist.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-09-2012, 02:38 PM
(16-09-2012 02:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  Correct as usual, Morondog: I have no religious sentiments whatsoever, not any longer. I believe God exists, but I believe all that exists is God. That being the case, I am actually an atheist and a theist at the same time. God can't have a god, so there is no God, but God exists because God is the only thing that exists.

So tell me. How does one believe a deity exist and still maintain atheism?

(16-09-2012 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are absurd. Nothing wrong with that, Girly's an absurd man too.

And this is probably at least the third time I've pointed out to you that you are not a pantheist, but rather a biocentrist.

If he believes that everything is God, animate and inanimate, he is a pantheist.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
16-09-2012, 02:46 PM
(16-09-2012 02:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

So tell me. How does one believe a deity exist and still maintain atheism?

Can't speak for Egor, but I am my own personal Jesus. Evil_monster

Only call myself an atheist when I want to preempt metaphysical discussions with idiots.

(16-09-2012 02:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are absurd. Nothing wrong with that, Girly's an absurd man too.

And this is probably at least the third time I've pointed out to you that you are not a pantheist, but rather a biocentrist.

If he believes that everything is God, animate and inanimate, he is a pantheist.

His last metaphysical expressions here indicated that consciousness was God. That makes him a biocentrist.

16-09-2012, 02:56 PM
(16-09-2012 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  His last metaphysical expressions here indicated that consciousness was God. That makes him a biocentrist.

Biocentrism does not define anything as "God" or "Godly" or even supernatural. It is simply a theory developed by some biologist/researcher in regenerative medicine.

16-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Morality aside, Atheism cannot be "true", because it's not an assertion. "True" and "false" apply only to assertions. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God. It's not a claim; it's not a doctrine. It's just a lack of belief. For this reason, saying "if Atheism is true..." is nonsensical.

Additionally, it can also not be a "religion", because a religion involves ritual, belief, and worship of deified figures. I say again, Atheism is simply a lack of belief. Nothing more. For this reason, saying "Atheism is a religion" is also nonsensical.

As for the rest of your argument; I'll let the others continue their correction(s). They seem do be doing a decent job.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
16-09-2012, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 03:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-09-2012 02:56 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  His last metaphysical expressions here indicated that consciousness was God. That makes him a biocentrist.

Biocentrism does not define anything as "God" or "Godly" or even supernatural. It is simply a theory developed by some biologist/researcher in regenerative medicine.

As Chas has pointed out before, biocentrism is nothing more than what the physicists have been calling the strong anthropic principle for a while now. (Note that Chas himself don't seem to buy it.) The act of observation is the act of creation (or manifestation or realization or collapsion, whatever you want to call it). Girly just takes the next logical babystep.

16-09-2012, 03:15 PM
(16-09-2012 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 02:56 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Biocentrism does not define anything as "God" or "Godly" or even supernatural. It is simply a theory developed by some biologist/researcher in regenerative medicine.

As Chas has pointed out before, biocentrism is nothing more than what the physicists have been calling the strong anthropic principle for a while now. (Note that Chas himself don't seem to buy it.) The act of observation is the act of creation. Girly just takes the next logical babystep.

I don't buy it either, but this requires no belief in the supernatural. Egor implies that it does.

Quote:The theory of Biocentrism argues that the primacy of consciousness features in the work of Descartes, Kant, Leibniz, Berkeley, Schopenhauer, and Bergson.[6] He sees this as supporting the central claim that what we call space and time are forms of animal sense perception, rather than external physical objects.[9] Lanza argues that biocentrism offers insight into several major puzzles of science, including Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle, the double-slit experiment, and the fine tuning of the forces, constants, and laws that shape the universe as we perceive it.[11] According to a Discover magazine article adapted from Lanza's book, “biocentrism offers a more promising way to bring together all of physics, as scientists have been trying to do since Einstein’s unsuccessful unified field theories of eight decades ago.”[12]

16-09-2012, 03:17 PM
(16-09-2012 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 02:56 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Biocentrism does not define anything as "God" or "Godly" or even supernatural. It is simply a theory developed by some biologist/researcher in regenerative medicine.

As Chas has pointed out before, biocentrism is nothing more than what the physicists have been calling the strong anthropic principle for a while now. (Note that Chas himself don't seem to buy it.) The act of observation is the act of creation (or manifestation or realization or collapsion, whatever you want to call it). Girly just takes the next logical babystep.

Yeppers, I like my coffee strong and my anthropics weak. Drinking Beverage

Girly's 'next logical babystep' goes over a cliff.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post