Atheism is the only rational position to take

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Atheism is the only rational position to take
(16-09-2017 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Having "attributes" means it doesn't have other attributes, and ALL the attributes had to exist together, as long as your god existed, if your god can be defined as "having attributes" (and your god does not possess the infinity that is claimed for it). Reality remains unaccounted for.

Uhh... what? Could you explain that again?

Quote:If your god exists, then as long as that was/is true, non-existence ALSO had to simultaneously be a part of Reality. A deity that is required to participate
in only part of Reality, is no god, and certainly is not the maker of that Reality it exists in. Do try and *think* about the drivel Christian apologists spoon feed the world.

God didn't create reality. God created the universe. God exists within reality.

Quote:The Christian god is Yahweh Sabaoth, (The "Lord of Hosts") ... ie the Babylonian god of the armies (Jesus called him the Father), and that god is one of the sons of the chief Babylonian god, El Elyon.

You really don't know any history, do you ? OMG.

I am pretty ignorant of Biblical history, but I don't know how this contradicts my position. Could you explain?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2017, 06:41 PM
(16-09-2017 06:38 PM)Naielis Wrote:  God didn't create reality. God created the universe. God exists within reality.

> Prove it! Consider
16-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Quote:Sense perceptions are not reliable, as has been shown by science.

(16-09-2017 06:31 PM)Naielis Wrote:  That position would be self-contradictory. If sense perceptions aren't reliable, science cannot continue. How else might we go about observing anything?
Quote:Science uses instruments to supplement and validate observations ... none of which were given by the gods, INCLUDING the antibiotics that no doubt are the reason you and your family members are probably alive.

[quote]
So how do you know anything if you can't even rely on your own reasoning?

The universe has been proven to be non-intuitive. Reason did not propose or validate Relativity.

[quote]
Because materialists have consistently failed to reduce immaterial predicates to material predicates via bridge laws.

Ooooh. We learned some new meaningless bullshit. Still arguing from the (fallacy) of the argument from ignorance and the fallacy of personal incredulity. Boring.

Christianity makes NO SENSE at all. It's not founded on anything Biblical (OT) nor does it flow IN ANY way from the set of facts it claims, and assumes as historical all kinds of things that have been totally DEBUNKED.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-09-2017, 06:43 PM
(16-09-2017 06:41 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 06:38 PM)Naielis Wrote:  God didn't create reality. God created the universe. God exists within reality.

> Prove it! Consider

Well I mean isn't that what I'm doing? I'm showing the impossibility of the contrary.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
16-09-2017, 06:45 PM

Gotcha. That's what I thought.
Your god is a meaningless place-holder.
If your god explained Reality, it might be a worth-while god.
It isn't and you just said so.

A real god would have created Reality. If yours didn't it's a worthless deity.
Where did Reality come from ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Why would a god be necessary for these things? Logic simply is a set of rules that people made up that states that propositions must be internally consistent. You can make statements that are not internally consistent, but they are not logical. You are not required to be logical. I would PREFER that things be logical, but they don't HAVE to be.

And what christian worldview? The only one I am aware of that christians MUST adhere to is that there was a prophet Jesus who was inspired by some kind of divine being and that there exists a soul separate from the physical body. This addresses nothing about "intelligibility" and can not relate to it.

Quote:Because only the Christian God has the necessary attributes to account for intelligibility.

This is an assertion and you need to back it up. I can say that only Athena or Brahma can account for intelligibility and it would have just as much validity.
16-09-2017, 06:47 PM
(16-09-2017 06:43 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 06:41 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Prove it! Consider

Well I mean isn't that what I'm doing? I'm showing the impossibility of the contrary.

> No, you're not. You can't dazzle us with brilliance, so you're trying to baffle us with bullshit. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
16-09-2017, 06:47 PM
(16-09-2017 06:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Gotcha. That's what I thought.

How could a God create reality? The act of creation must take place within reality. Otherwise how would it occur?

16-09-2017, 06:49 PM
(16-09-2017 06:47 PM)Naielis Wrote:  

How could a God create reality? The act of creation must take place within reality. Otherwise how would it occur?

> Please explain the mechanism by which God created anything.
16-09-2017, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2017 06:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-09-2017 06:47 PM)Naielis Wrote:  

Exactly. Thumbsup
Thanks for debunking your own god.
Your god "found itself" as a PART of Reality ... a reality which was ALWAYS there, AND LARGER THAN your god, as long as it was.
Your deity explains nothing.
That took about, ... what ... 10 minutes ?

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post