Atheism isn't a group?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2011, 06:42 AM
RE: Atheism isn't a group?
I believe most of us share your reasons Liberal. For me, this forum was the first place I could really think in for a while. Any sort of debate I've run into turns into a whining match once you add 3 to 4 people. before coming to this site I had kind of given up on serious debate. I do not believe in god so I share that agreement with everyone here, but I have no objective in regards to being here. I'm here to vent and maybe inform, but neither is a must.

There actually are forums for people who don't play sports or video games or many other things. thanks to the internet non-interests actually do have a place =p But that's not really an explanation of this, because we're here primarily as debaters who want someone to debate without pushing everyone away. Some of us actively debate people in our lives, but most, in general, keep it here.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2011, 09:45 AM
(14-08-2011 12:22 PM)Biologist Wrote:  That's exactly what I meant!
To my knowledge, there are no forums simply for people who don't do, or like, something. Nobody feels the need to make a forum about the fact that they don't like strawberries, and this probably doesn't make up a large part of their identity.

I'd imagine that no one has created a forum dedicated to the dislike of strawberries because no one has lived in a household of strawberry lovers their whole lives. This non-strawberry lover has probably never had to worry about their family catching him/her in the corner or their eyes at the dinner table gagging on the strawberry as he/she tries to swallow it, pretending to like it in fear of being preached to death of how the celery ( or insert least favorite food here) monster will come and get you when you die if you don't eat your delicious strawberries!

I don't know...maybe there are people like that out there.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony
[+] 1 user Likes axiom90's post
15-08-2011, 02:18 PM
(15-08-2011 09:45 AM)axiom90 Wrote:  
(14-08-2011 12:22 PM)Biologist Wrote:  That's exactly what I meant!
To my knowledge, there are no forums simply for people who don't do, or like, something. Nobody feels the need to make a forum about the fact that they don't like strawberries, and this probably doesn't make up a large part of their identity.

I'd imagine that no one has created a forum dedicated to the dislike of strawberries because no one has lived in a household of strawberry lovers their whole lives. This non-strawberry lover has probably never had to worry about their family catching him/her in the corner or their eyes at the dinner table gagging on the strawberry as he/she tries to swallow it, pretending to like it in fear of being preached to death of how the celery ( or insert least favorite food here) monster will come and get you when you die if you don't eat your delicious strawberries!

I don't know...maybe there are people like that out there.

Also, our laws are not influenced by this magical strawberry and the people who so ignorantly and passionately want ME to live my life by their standards. Nor do people wage wars and discriminate against other fruit and vegetable loving people. I'm just saying- when strawberries and the people who eat them begin affecting me directly. I will gladly join a group against such nonsense.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
16-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't think I've heard of Athiests staunchly protesting that they are not a group. The usual argument is when someone suggests that Atheism is a belief. That's when people have to be corrected.

Why won't God heal amputees?
16-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Well.. atheists are not 'a group'.

It's an entirely varied crowd of people that have entirely different ideas on just about everything.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]