Poll: About this post...
... Im a teabagger! Yeah Teabaggers! Go Palin! Go Santorum!
...um, yeah. Im not suprised the majority of Americans are turning against them. Teabaggers are a bunch of religious nut huggers.
...now I understand why Bachmann and Santorum have that empty glazed over look in their eyes.
...i'm neutral about this. Its the same old crap with a different name. Get rid of the teabaggers and they will call themself something else in the future to appear as if it is a new concept.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheism no longer "most hated", the new candidate may shock you...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Atheism no longer "most hated", the new candidate may shock you...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinio....html?_r=2
Quote:Polls show that disapproval of the Tea Party is climbing. In April 2010, a New York Times/CBS News survey found that 18 percent of Americans had an unfavorable opinion of it, 21 percent had a favorable opinion and 46 percent had not heard enough. Now, 14 months later, Tea Party supporters have slipped to 20 percent, while their opponents have more than doubled, to 40 percent.
Of course, politicians of all stripes are not faring well among the public these days. But in data we have recently collected, the Tea Party ranks lower than any of the 23 other groups we asked about — lower than both Republicans and Democrats. It is even less popular than much maligned groups like “atheists” and “Muslims.” Interestingly, one group that approaches it in unpopularity is the Christian Right.
...and why are they now the most hated?
Quote:This inclination among the Tea Party faithful to mix religion and politics explains their support for Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and Gov. Rick Perry of Texas. Their appeal to Tea Partiers lies less in what they say about the budget or taxes, and more in their overt use of religious language and imagery, including Mrs. Bachmann’s lengthy prayers at campaign stops and Mr. Perry’s prayer rally in Houston.
Yet it is precisely this infusion of religion into politics that most Americans increasingly oppose. While over the last five years Americans have become slightly more conservative economically, they have swung even further in opposition to mingling religion and politics. It thus makes sense that the Tea Party ranks alongside the Christian Right in unpopularity.
All of the successfully voted tea partiers in politics today spend the vast majority of their time holding the government hostage to legislate their religious beliefs. In fact the teabaggers only concern seems to be to pit government against womens freedom and to gear it up to benefit the top 1% of moneyed Americans. The teabaggers came in on the prospects of creating jobs, but once elected have actually shut down government programs causing even more people to lose jobs.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: Atheism no longer "most hated", the new candidate may shock you...
Damn this is from August 2011, I was hoping it was newer lol. Not that it's that old Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
09-04-2012, 10:04 AM
(09-04-2012 10:02 AM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Damn this is from August 2011, I was hoping it was newer lol. Not that it's that old Smile
Yeah, thats the only thing I didnt like about this, but I still felt the urge to post it anyways. Like you said, this is more leftovers than fresh off the grill.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Seems to me like solipsists should be the most offensive to the rest of us. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Solipsism is generally not polled. I would think the average response would be "wuh?"

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post