Atheism, perfect for exploration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Atheism, perfect for exploration
I'm happy to be Atheist because I am now free to research and inquire into ANYTHING.

I am particularly excited that I have left Mormonism for Atheism because now I can speak to people of all beliefs and just LISTEN.

That, my friends, is something to be thankful for.

I can now study religions and their true histories and they way that they had shaped society all over the world.

Before it was just extensive study on Mormon doctrine only, only talk to other believers about your beliefs, only go to Mormon Church.

I am so excited! I'm going to go out there and meet people of all kinds!

I kind of already have been, but now it's time to be a good friend to people of all backgrounds!

Since I've lived in a bubble, I'm finally able to just absorb everything. Even better yet...I am now in a secure place of skepticism that none of these silly places can take advantage of me. I'm free of those who wish to take advantage of a young guy like me!

I'm not even interested in spreading Atheism, but interested in genuinely just being friends with my fellow human beings of all different backgrounds! I hope that along the way I may be able to sow the seeds of doubt, but I'm just thankful to be able to make friends for the sake of humanity and not religion and that I can study and read anything I want!

Before the motto was "don't read these books, only read these. dont go there, only go here. the world is evil"

No the motto is "read anything, go anywhere, the world is yours."

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like elconquistador's post
11-06-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: Atheism, perfect for exploration
(10-06-2014 11:21 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  Since I've lived in a bubble, I'm finally able to just absorb everything.

Wow, nicely said. Here's to soaking it all up. Thumbsup

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
11-06-2014, 01:00 AM
(10-06-2014 11:21 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  I'm happy to be Atheist because I am now free to research and inquire into ANYTHING. [SNIP]

That is exactly how I described my new position as an atheist--free Big Grin. Congratulations!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
11-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah, pretty much.

Welcome to our community.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-06-2014, 04:29 PM
How does one 'spread' atheism? there is no dogma to spread. no rituals. no books.

Atheism is non-belief. How does one spread non-belief?Hobo
11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
"And you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free..."

The most ironic verse in the Bible... and just about the only one that matters.

Realizing its all made up bullshit really does set you free.

So go, experience the cosmos while you're conscious, there's a whole lot of wonderful shit out there... Sadly, there is no where near enough time to take it all in.

I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels,
But I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools
. - The Grateful Dead