Atheism, the Ultimate Sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Atheism, the Ultimate Sin
Eventually he'll figure out the simple concept.
"If they don't believe, they won't pay and we can't control their actions"

This kind of thought must be stopped at all costs, therefore we will create a punishment, an eternal punishment for anyone who goes against us. This will serve to not only put pressure on them because some will still have their doubts and we can use the people around them to pressure them by convincing the mass of people that the atheist soul must be saved or else damnation awaits the atheist.

It's my guess that Christianity will change and that part of the requirement for getting into heaven is that you need to convert at least one person to Christianity. I am willing to bet this will become popular as their numbers grow lower and lower in the church on sundays.

The young man in the video will eventually be an atheist. He is already questioning and that's a good start.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
21-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Only in backwards cultures, (such as the US), is atheism the "ultimate sin", (secondary to Fundamentalism which is not really the lens which religion is viewed through everywhere). So I have to disagree with him. There have always been "free thinkers", even in the Medieval period. Jebus even said "no one shall come to me unless the Father draw him", so even back then, (and St Paul said faith was a gift of the spirit), faith was not for everyone. It's only in Fubdamentalism, that non-belief is seen as "rebellion". Modern Fundamentalism is now pervasive, and most Fundies have no clue about their own history and cult(s).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
21-02-2013, 04:53 AM
God doesn't exist so what does it matter?

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
21-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Atheism is not only the ultimate sin, it's the only sin in most branches of Christianity. Anything else can be forgiven. You're saved by grace, not by deeds. What form does that saving take? Belief. That's all that matters. The rest is just window dressing for this core "believe or suffer for eternity" doctrine.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
21-02-2013, 08:47 AM
(20-02-2013 10:37 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I like his bookcase.
I like the cute chick's ass on the poster behind him ^^ Drooling

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post
22-02-2013, 03:47 AM

He should get that shocked expression off his face: The greatest sin is to be an atheist. It is a rejection of Christ. And while all other sins might be forgiven, if one dies rejecting Christ, Jesus made it clear they go to hell.
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 03:53 AM
I don't think I could count how many gods it is a sin to reject.

Christians aren't all that special in the "It's a sin to not believe" department, they were beaten too it by the religions they copied after all...

I don't think I'm in all that much trouble.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-02-2013, 03:56 AM
So... Correct me if I'm wrong.
There's a deity, putting rules on our lifes and controlling us so we would be good.
But in his opinion, NOT believing in him is MORE sinful than actually doing the things he considers sinful.

I'm hungry.

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
[+] 1 user Likes TheDeadCatAlive's post
22-02-2013, 07:11 AM
(22-02-2013 03:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  He should get that shocked expression off his face: The greatest sin is to be an atheist. It is a rejection of Christ. And while all other sins might be forgiven, if one dies rejecting Christ, Jesus made it clear they go to hell.
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-02-2013, 08:08 AM
(21-02-2013 01:43 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The dude is intelligent, yet he's only at the beginning of his journey towards understanding what religion/God really is.

He's yet to realize it's all about the power over, and financial control of, one group of people over another. Always was and always will be. It started with the ancient Jewish priests and kings, 600 years later the Romans recognized a successful program so copied them to create Christianity, then 600 years later some Arabs did the same to create Islam.

He hasn't yet worked out that all the talk about ethics and morals is just "floss" designed to hide the above.

That's why atheism is called the biggest sin of all...because it's a refusal to bow down to religious authorities.

I have had this thought before. If you are wanting to control a LARGE group of people, in a time when so many were superstitious, and where you knew it would take a large and controled group of "soldiers" to conquer nations to enslave and plunder, . . . . . what better way to make sure they kept in line than to CLAIM that "an all powerful deity speaks to me [or the few of us], and only I [or the few 'we'] can enter the 'holy of holies', and you can't . . . lest you die, . . . and this deity wants you to follow it, worship it, and it promises to protect you and help you in battle, . . . which it wants you to do to THOSE GUYS OVER THERE!!! Let's GET 'EM!!!!"

Or something like that. In other words, using a "powerful god" to control the masses . . . and, oh yeah, there will be a tithe of your labors. How much is that still in play today? You have a church full of people who gladly volunteer their time to help the church out and bring more people in [a form of conquer], . . . and the church requires you to give a tithe "because god wants it". Seems things may never change until religion IS cast into the heep of myths that others have been placed.