Atheism = thin skinned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Atheism = thin skinned
(27-07-2016 02:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  BTW, what's with the Nazis? Just curious about what you're actually trying to say here.

Obvious troll. He's just trying to cause outrage.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-07-2016, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2016 03:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-07-2016 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  So you think atheists are thin skinned?

Girly is anything but thin-skinned.

I just got out of detox where we had these group sessions. Here's how one of them went:

Very Young Recently Graduated Crazy People Counselor (CPC): So Mr. Robert tell us the last 3x you've been angry.
Mr. Robert: I haven't been angry in over 20 years. I don't get angry.
CPC: How can that be? Everyone gets angry.
Mr. Robert: It affects me viscerally, I do not like me when I am angry. I will not allow it.
...... bunch of other angry people .....

CPC: Tell us the last time you got irritated, Mr. Robert?
Mr. Robert: I don't get irritated for the same reason I don't angry.
CPC: But how do you avoid it if you're on the Beltway and the traffics backed up for miles and everybody's irritated.
Mr. Robert : I don't drive.
..... bunch of other irritated people ....

CPC: So when the last time you placed blame on someone, Mr. Robert.
Mr. Robert: I don't place blame. I don't even blame myself. Blame leads to guilt which is yet another counterproductive emotional state. I see a lot of you here blaming yourself for trying to kill yourself, blaming yourself for failing your family because of your debilitating depression, blaming yourself for being an addict, blaming yourself for being a drunk. This I know: Stop! Blaming myself for my alcoholism is like blaming my pancreas for my diabetes. My pancreas is out of whack, our brains are out of whack. There is no one to blame. It is nobody's fault.
..... bunch of quiet people who were going to blame themselves ....

Group ends.

And think the counselors were glad I was discharged before the next group. Big Grin

So I am proof positive that Atheism does not equal or imply thin skinned. ... And it was a stupid fucking generalization to begin with.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Trump is thin skinned.

"Thin skinned" isn't a patent invented by or held by a label. It can be a social norm to a group degree to some degree, but in any case it is still not a gene or religion, it vastly depends on the individual as to how they take criticism or blasphemy.

Atheists are just as diverse as far as sensitivity too. Some take the view that never offending ever is a blanket solution, which is what dictatorships and theocracies do. Then you have other atheists like Bill Maher who is not thin skinned.

I hate bigots and bullies, and I am sensitive to the degree that I was bullied as a kid. But as an adult, I say that if someone offends you, and you can leave that situation, at that point you have two choices. One is to walk away, or counter. But if all 7 billion of us got to decide who could say what to whom as a blanket law, all 7 billion humans could think of things we'd rather not hear. The key to western civility isn't about never offending or getting offended, but how you respond in the face of those situations.

Do not confuse calling out bigots and oppressors as being the same thing as being "thin skinned". We are individuals like any other label.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2016, 03:13 PM
(27-07-2016 03:12 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Trump is thin skinned.

Bad example. Trump is an atheist.

#sigh
27-07-2016, 03:15 PM
(25-07-2016 12:34 AM)Crein Wrote:  According to "Milo Yiannopoulos". I think he also says its brain dead, by that he refers to the atheist movement itself. I guess its funny because most agree on his anti views on SJW social justice warriors, or degenerate cucks as i call them. But it seems he got clash on this one, and i think his idea is not to refute god or anything its more in terms of political regressive movement he sorta have a problem with i think

It could also be the reaction... well to this??
Angel

Just one more question, sir.

Are you fucking retarded?
[+] 1 user Likes GoingUp's post
27-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Milo Yiannopoulos, is a living troll. He has stated several times that homosexuals are terrible people, even thou he is one himself.

I can see the humor in the video. I just didn't laugh. Most of those events depicted I don't think happen (at least all to often)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
27-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Troll is obvious.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Milo is colorful character and a magnificent troll. I like him.

About being thin skinned? I am most definitely not, but that has nothing to do with atheism.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
27-07-2016, 04:06 PM
I don't know about all these guys, but I am a very thin skinned atheist.

People make fun of my beloved no-god, I cry every teim.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post
27-07-2016, 04:16 PM
(27-07-2016 04:06 PM)Losty Wrote:  I don't know about all these guys, but I am a very thin skinned atheist.

People make fun of my beloved no-god, I cry every teim.

Most atheists are like most theists, some are thick skinned some are not, I don't get the point of this.Huh