Atheism = thin skinned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: Atheism = thin skinned
(27-07-2016 03:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 02:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  BTW, what's with the Nazis? Just curious about what you're actually trying to say here.

Obvious troll. He's just trying to cause outrage.

Perhaps, but unlike most trolls he went through the "effort" of making a welcome post.

Crein, on the off chance that you aren't a troll or just a generally offensive twerp here are a few helpful tips:

- Try not to treat this forum like Reddit, YouTube or wherever else you might have previously haunted. Feel free to speak your mind but understand that if you act like a half-wit you will be treated accordingly.

- Lurk for a bit and get to know people. We're a weird and varied bunch here. There are even some theists here and some of them are well-liked and respected. If you get to know us first you'll have a better chance of not making a fool of yourself later.

- Your first post hasn't made you any friends. This is likely by way of being vaguely insulting and using a broad brush to tar a widely varied group of individuals. Sure there are atheists who are thin-skinned. There are also atheists who base jump in squirrel suits, atheists who square dance, and atheists who speak Tagalog. Applying any of those labels to all of us is patently silly. Your first remarks have earned you a black mark on your reputation. Trying to fix that first impression would go a long way to convincing people that you aren't simply a troll and might actually be worth talking to.

- Lose Hitler. He's a poor ambassador and won't make you any friends anywhere outside of the Klan. It's also makes some pretty horrible associations between you, Hitler and Christianity. Associations that I suspect most Christians would shudder at. Oh, and Godwin says to say "Hi!"

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-07-2016, 08:34 PM
(27-07-2016 07:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Moms has great aim, she is a sharpshooter with that thing. I was brought up Catholic, took some time to break through the indoctrination.

If you ever want to discuss RCC dogma I’m here. Cool

Is the latter aimed at me, our Hitlerian friend, or both? And I imagine she does to wrangle a place like this forum...and if she operates by scent, I also imagine we smell different: I <3 the Novus Ordo, I don't particularly care for Ad Orientum in the Mass, not a big fan of Hitler, don't mind chatting civilly with you all, debating the merits of a membership in FFRF, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
28-07-2016, 01:25 AM
(25-07-2016 12:34 AM)Crein Wrote:  According to "Milo Yiannopoulos". I think he also says its brain dead, by that he refers to the atheist movement itself. I guess its funny because most agree on his anti views on SJW social justice warriors, or degenerate cucks as i call them. But it seems he got clash on this one, and i think his idea is not to refute god or anything its more in terms of political regressive movement he sorta have a problem with i think

It could also be the reaction... well to this??
Angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM

I'm sure someone cares about your opinion. I'm equally sure that that someone isn't me.

No doubt you think your opinion is significant anyway, hey-ho.
28-07-2016, 03:17 AM
(27-07-2016 08:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am starting to think this is a sneak ad for Milo Yiannopoulos. he's got a bunch of Youtube vids and all sorts of things in google, and he has been banned from Twitter.

How do you even get banned from Twitter?

Anyway, probably the OP figured we'd all research Mr. Milo and bring him a lot of traffic....

I don`t think that is the case , first the video posted in the OP doesn`t come from Milo, second Milo is way too big to look for traffic on a , let`s face it, obscure atheist forum.

It is more likely that the OP used his name in order to squeeze the reaction out of people , wrongly believing that people here give a shit about Milo or even know who he is. Milo is known for triggering SJW`s so OP thought that mentioning his name would have that effect.
Now famous trigglypuff incident happened on Milo`s speech on some university campus.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
28-07-2016, 06:02 AM
(27-07-2016 06:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 06:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Made me think of this...

(skip to 2:20 for anybody who doesn't get the connection)

That used to be on my playlist, but I feel awkward listening to it after be was involved in that sex/pedophilia scandal thing. It somehow gives a different aura to an otherwise lighthearted, goofy song Tongue

I picked the first video I found for the song; the name didn't mean anything to me and I wasn't aware of any pedophilia connection or I would have picked another.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-07-2016, 06:06 AM
(27-07-2016 08:18 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  There are also atheists who base jump in squirrel suits,

You promised not to talk about that!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
28-07-2016, 10:11 AM
(27-07-2016 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  So you can't even use your own words, OP. Gutless bastard. And before you go calling anyone else a "degenerate cuck" you don't get to do that until Mom lets you out of the basement, capiche?

The mind is like a parachute .... It doesn't work if it isn't open. Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
28-07-2016, 10:27 AM
The alt-right is fucking retarded when it comes to atheism. Other than that it is more palatable than mainstream american liberalism, though.
28-07-2016, 09:11 PM
(28-07-2016 10:11 AM)izel Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  So you can't even use your own words, OP. Gutless bastard. And before you go calling anyone else a "degenerate cuck" you don't get to do that until Mom lets you out of the basement, capiche?

The mind is like a parachute .... It doesn't work if it isn't open. Laugh out load

Nor does it work when it's tangled and flappin' in the wind. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-07-2016, 10:54 PM
I feel dumber for having watched that video.

I just hope it's a joke, and no one thinks that's anything like reality, even for pro-atheism trolls on the internet.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post