Atheism vs. Evidence for God's Existence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: Atheism vs. Evidence for God's Existence
(17-05-2016 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  OP to answer your question, I am an atheist after being brought up as a Christian.

After some time I realised that a lot of what I was being told smelled like bullshit, so I tried to confirm it. Initially I did the usual Christian things like asking the pastor and reading the Bible and praying but none of the given answers were satisfying. Mostly they were of the "Shut up, pray for guidance and everything will be fine" variety, occasionally they were of the "I do not know but someone does and they say X" - i.e. an argument from authority. No one could give proper answers. ETA: God utterly failed to answer anything either. ETA ETA: Which is a specific total lie on his part then to say "seek and ye shall find" - there are literally thousands of people who seek and never find. So God's a proven liar if he exists. Which he doesn't Smile

So after the Christian line of questioning was a dead end I kinda left it like that for a while but I was fortunate to encounter critical thinking skills at university - yes, universities are hot-beds of sin and atheism - which enabled me to further understand the mental manipulation tricks that Christianity (and religion in general) uses to hold people in thrall.

I am specifically an atheist because I haven't seen evidence for any God and besides having acquired a taste for thinking for myself even if there was a deity proven and benevolent I'd be hard-pressed to think of a reason to follow it. God can get stuffed. Humans are better than Gods.

Reading the bible i realized that god is imperfect evil and doesnt give a fuck. I needed no more proof, than that and the fact we are living un this imperfect world, to realize there is no such thing as a perfecto god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 10:28 PM
(26-05-2016 10:15 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  OP to answer your question, I am an atheist after being brought up as a Christian.

After some time I realised that a lot of what I was being told smelled like bullshit, so I tried to confirm it. Initially I did the usual Christian things like asking the pastor and reading the Bible and praying but none of the given answers were satisfying. Mostly they were of the "Shut up, pray for guidance and everything will be fine" variety, occasionally they were of the "I do not know but someone does and they say X" - i.e. an argument from authority. No one could give proper answers. ETA: God utterly failed to answer anything either. ETA ETA: Which is a specific total lie on his part then to say "seek and ye shall find" - there are literally thousands of people who seek and never find. So God's a proven liar if he exists. Which he doesn't Smile

So after the Christian line of questioning was a dead end I kinda left it like that for a while but I was fortunate to encounter critical thinking skills at university - yes, universities are hot-beds of sin and atheism - which enabled me to further understand the mental manipulation tricks that Christianity (and religion in general) uses to hold people in thrall.

I am specifically an atheist because I haven't seen evidence for any God and besides having acquired a taste for thinking for myself even if there was a deity proven and benevolent I'd be hard-pressed to think of a reason to follow it. God can get stuffed. Humans are better than Gods.

Reading the bible i realized that god is imperfect evil and doesnt give a fuck. I needed no more proof, than that and the fact we are living un this imperfect world, to realize there is no such thing as a perfecto god.

There's no such thing as an imperfect god either. Or any god for that matter.
26-05-2016, 10:28 PM
(20-05-2016 10:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 01:35 PM)abbyp1 Wrote:  I was just wondering if someone could explain why they are an atheist and why they do not believe in God?
Thanks

There is no evidence of any gods. Drinking Beverage

Lets suppose the god Of the bible does exist, then i'd say he's the devil because Of all the evil deeds he did in the old testament. But i also say theres no such thing as an all perfect and good god. If there was we wouldn't be living in hell(this world). My interpretation Of the bible (suposing yahweh does exist) is "the devils created hell" instead of the gods created the cosmic worlds. Hahahahaha. I am an atheist for life i know these gods dont exist there is no evidence that proves it.
26-05-2016, 10:38 PM
(26-05-2016 10:28 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 10:15 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  Reading the bible i realized that god is imperfect evil and doesnt give a fuck. I needed no more proof, than that and the fact we are living un this imperfect world, to realize there is no such thing as a perfecto god.

If you christians claim that there is a god i tell you he is imperfect if he really existed. But we know he doesnt exist. I'll give you one reason adam and eve after they ate the firbidden fruit the hid from yahweh. And he came asking where are you and adam came out from his hiding spot and said i heard your voice and hid because i am naked. Hahahahahaha i laugh At your all knowing yahweh for not knowing adam's hiding spot.
[+] 1 user Likes smileyjose86's post
26-05-2016, 10:49 PM
(26-05-2016 10:38 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 10:28 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  There's no such thing as an imperfect god either. Or any god for that matter.

If you christians claim that there is a god i tell you he is imperfect if he really existed. But we know he doesnt exist. I'll give you one reason adam and eve after they ate the firbidden fruit the hid from yahweh. And he came asking where are you and adam came out from his hiding spot and said i heard your voice and hid because i am naked. Hahahahahaha i laugh At your all knowing yahweh for not knowing adam's hiding spot.

im not a christian. and what the fuck are you talking about?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
26-05-2016, 11:57 PM
(26-05-2016 10:38 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 10:28 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  There's no such thing as an imperfect god either. Or any god for that matter.

So I take it reading comprehension isn't your strong point?

Or grammar for that matter...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-05-2016, 03:18 AM
Why don't I believe in the Christian God? Why don't you believe in Zeus? The answers are the same.

And after thousands of years, nobody has ever come up with any evidence proving He is real, while science has since proven there's better explanations for everything, based on facts. I'm a critical thinker now, I no longer believe in anything supernatural, and Occam's Razor illustrates why it's more sensible to believe there's no God rather than believe there is.

The Bible is a mess of contradictions and hard-to-believe stories of the supernatural. It's mythology which the Christian must ASSUME to be true to remain a Christian. Evolution is absolutely true, backed by mountains of evidence from several different disciplines, and this is obvious to anyone who's taken the time to learn about it and understand it.
[+] 4 users Like GeddyRulz's post
27-05-2016, 02:44 PM
(26-05-2016 10:15 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  Reading the bible i realized that god is imperfect evil and doesnt give a fuck. I needed no more proof, than that and the fact we are living un this imperfect world, to realize there is no such thing as a perfecto god.

There's no such thing as an imperfect God. I can get you imperfect gods by the bushel.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
27-05-2016, 05:57 PM
(17-05-2016 01:19 PM)abbyp1 Wrote:  Overall, just why are you an atheist?

I see no good reason not to be.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-05-2016, 10:11 AM

I totally agree with you god doesn't exist. But that massage was said supposing that the Christian god did exist. The bible is enough evidence to atleast prove religios the their god is imperfect