Atheism vs Pantheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Atheism vs Pantheism
Great, now I have to look up Panentheism too? What is this? Jeebus it's hard to keep up with all this stuff Dodgy

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 01:09 PM
(29-01-2014 01:03 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Great, now I have to look up Panentheism too? What is this? Jeebus it's hard to keep up with all this stuff Dodgy

Hmm~they seem to both be words for tree huggers~pantheists being atheist tree huggers and panentheists being theist tree huggers. But of course, I only read a few lines of wikipedia, so this could be completely wrong. I'll just file them both under nonsense.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 2 users Like kellyrm's post
29-01-2014, 01:12 PM
(29-01-2014 01:09 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 01:03 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Great, now I have to look up Panentheism too? What is this? Jeebus it's hard to keep up with all this stuff Dodgy

Hmm~they seem to both be words for tree huggers~pantheists being atheist tree huggers and panentheists being theist tree huggers. But of course, I only read a few lines of wikipedia, so this could be completely wrong. I'll just file them both under nonsense.

Whoa there.... somebody said there was sex involved....... must study further. Smartass
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
29-01-2014, 01:14 PM
(29-01-2014 01:12 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 01:09 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Hmm~they seem to both be words for tree huggers~pantheists being atheist tree huggers and panentheists being theist tree huggers. But of course, I only read a few lines of wikipedia, so this could be completely wrong. I'll just file them both under nonsense.

Whoa there.... somebody said there was sex involved....... must study further. Smartass

I think when they said sex, they meant trees Sadcryface All I see is mention of nature and the universe...this feels like it's heading towards beastiality~I'm out Tongue

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 01:24 PM
OK, I read the article now, and see its just a replay on the 60s hippy culture to some degree.

I didnt like hippys back then, but.... they had the best drugs, the easiest girls and the boyfriends wouldnt fight ya...... hell, I'm in ! Cool

I know... I'm scum Blush
29-01-2014, 01:28 PM
(29-01-2014 01:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  OK, I read the article now, and see its just a replay on the 60s hippy culture to some degree.

I didnt like hippys back then, but.... they had the best drugs, the easiest girls and the boyfriends wouldnt fight ya...... hell, I'm in ! Cool

I know... I'm scum Blush

LOL since I wasn't alive for the first round of hippies, sign me up Cool That sense of hippyness ( Laughat ) you got from reading the article must be what made them feel entitled to classify it as sexed up in the first place.

29-01-2014, 01:36 PM
(29-01-2014 01:28 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 01:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  OK, I read the article now, and see its just a replay on the 60s hippy culture to some degree.

I know... I'm scum Blush

LOL since I wasn't alive for the first round of hippies, sign me up Cool That sense of hippyness ( Laughat ) you got from reading the article must be what made them feel entitled to classify it as sexed up in the first place.

Yeah, it seems trends come and go...... I just hope the this new crowd smells a little better than the hippys did. Blink
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
29-01-2014, 01:46 PM
The only reason I even brought this up is because didn't Dawkins say Einstein was a Pantheist, or did I misread that?

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 01:51 PM
(29-01-2014 01:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The only reason I even brought this up is because didn't Dawkins say Einstein was a Pantheist, or did I misread that?

It said Einstein and Hawking

29-01-2014, 01:52 PM
(29-01-2014 01:51 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 01:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The only reason I even brought this up is because didn't Dawkins say Einstein was a Pantheist, or did I misread that?

It said Einstein and Hawking

Close enough

Atir aissom atir imon