Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.63 Average
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM

RE: Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library
(29-06-2013 06:51 PM)Darwinian Chris Wrote:  I would highly reccomend Joseph Campbell and the power of myth. His interviews with Bill Moyers out at George Lucas's Skywalker ranch are spot on. I use his commentary all the time in keepers of the faith and others who are willing to listen.

It's a 2 disc DVD set you can get on amazon

God you guys are dumb.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 03:27 AM
(01-07-2013 09:17 PM)David Lee Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 06:51 PM)Darwinian Chris Wrote:  I would highly reccomend Joseph Campbell and the power of myth. His interviews with Bill Moyers out at George Lucas's Skywalker ranch are spot on. I use his commentary all the time in keepers of the faith and others who are willing to listen.

It's a 2 disc DVD set you can get on amazon

God you guys are dumb.

Is it within your power to do anything aside from spew ad homs and vitriol? It's like watching an ignorant, hateful person infected with gastro; hate spewed out the mouth, and bullshit out the arse.

Even Egor managed to do something constructive once and a while, like a book review or something between his bouts of flip-flopping, hearing voices in his head and his own brand of vitriol. Honestly dude, the act is boring now.

Also, I thought it was against the laws in the bible to use the name of the lord in vain... Which you just did. I am not exactly clear on biblical law, so.. is this the part where we stone you to death in front of the whole village?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
20-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Really, really impressive list!

Since you have links to the Norwegian Heathen Society, I'll throw in the English-language links to the Swedish Humanist Association and the Swedish Skeptics. And you really should have a link to the Norwegian Humanist Association. It is the largest such group per capita in the world, with 80 000 members of a population of about 4 million or so.

"Examine the religious principles, which have, in fact, prevailed in the world. You will scarcely be persuaded, that they are any thing but sick men's dreams." - David Hume
[+] 3 users Like Loki's post
02-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Added Loki's links to the appropriate sections, thanks!

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
23-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Added a link to the BibViz project. A visual representation of all the biblical contradictions. Thanks Hobbitgirl!

03-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Steve Shives' critiques of popular books of apologetics, such as 'Mere Christianity' by C.S. Lewis and 'Reasonable Faith' by Willaim Lane Craig, are a ton of fun to listen to. He is easily my favorite YouTube atheist personality.

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
03-09-2013, 08:32 AM
(03-09-2013 02:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Steve Shives' critiques of popular books of apologetics, such as 'Mere Christianity' by C.S. Lewis and 'Reasonable Faith' by Willaim Lane Craig, are a ton of fun to listen to. He is easily my favorite YouTube atheist personality.

Hey! Nice to see you back, EvoKills!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
(03-09-2013 08:32 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 02:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Steve Shives' critiques of popular books of apologetics, such as 'Mere Christianity' by C.S. Lewis and 'Reasonable Faith' by Willaim Lane Craig, are a ton of fun to listen to. He is easily my favorite YouTube atheist personality.

Hey! Nice to see you back, EvoKills!

Yep, I'm already tearing up shit and lighting fireworks over in the main forum. You should come have a look! Thumbsup

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
18-09-2013, 07:03 AM

Some sites that I've come across.

http://www.rejectionofpascalswager.net/
http://agnosticreview.com/
http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/
http://www.2think.org/hundredsheep/bible/intro.shtml

* Disclaimer: The fact that I listed those links here should not be understood as my endorsement of the content of the sites linked to. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Added Documentary links to:

America's Most Hated Family
Brainwashed by the Westboro Baptist Church
America's Most Hated Family In Crisis
Indonesia's Transsexual Muslims
How I Became A Muslim Extremist