Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 3.78 Average
02-11-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library
Am I allowed to add a book to the list? It may be on there but I can't see it but I read it recently and it was pretty spot on and hilarious in equal measure:

Holy Unbelievable by PC Dixon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holy-Unbelievabl...believable

Apologies if book recommendations are not allowed on here - please feel free to remove this post.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shaftesbury's post
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM
http://www.kyroot.com/
[+] 1 user Likes cmr211's post
29-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Atheist Propaganda...

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Read the Dictionary of philosophy by Volaire.

Case closed.
For fucks sake!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-10-2016, 06:36 PM
(04-03-2015 06:28 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Here's a couple of links that give a thorough debunking of the Noahtic flood myth:

The Impossible voyage of Noah's Ark

This link addresses John Baumgardner's Runaway Subduction Theory, a creationist "scientist" that plays one on TV I guess, he's not ready to play with the big boys though, as this link demonstrates:

Runaway Subduction

A quick thumbnail- the Oceanic crustal basalts and Continental flood basalts movement during the Noahtic flood would have boiled the oceans.

The runaway subduction link I provided in post 172 no longer works, fortunately I found a link at Talkorigins that restates everything in that broken link:

Runaway Subduction

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Some more books of possible interest to atheists.

Cicero - De Natura Deorum
Examination of various ideas about Gods. Stoic, Epicureans, Academics Online free at various sites.

Cicero - On Divination The problems of divination and fate, predestination.
still a problem after alll these years.

Plato - The Laws, book X. Plato invents natural religion, trying to prove god exists. Aimed squarely at atheists.
Religious apologism's ur text.

Martin Luther - The Bondage of the Will. A close examination of the Bible on the nature of free will. Luther declares free will is impossible. But then how to square god's goodness with the existence of moral evil? Luther finally is forced to give up and throw reason and logic out the window. God is incomprehensible and inscrutable.
A true eye opener. On the net for free at various sources.

Luther states that he wishes he had not been born a man to deal with this terrible dilemma.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
05-11-2016, 08:00 PM
(05-11-2016 04:40 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Luther states that he wishes he had not been born a man to deal with this terrible dilemma.

Too bad he never read Babylonian mythology, (where the Hebrews took the Bibles's basic ideas from).
They had it figured out a few thousand years before.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-12-2016, 06:11 AM
Ken Ham’s 10 facts that prove creationism – Debunked

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
03-12-2016, 09:52 PM
I went down this rabbit hole looking at the fake stories about someone finding chariots at the bottom of the sea, when I realized that the apologists like to use the Straights of Tiran as the crossing point of where Moses crossed the Red Sea. (Which is the wrong sea anyway, according to Aliza, the Sea of Reeds is the right one)

This article points out that that the straight of Tiran is 250 meters in depth and it would only have been six inches less water at the time of Moses!

The article goes on to shoot down every possible proposed area suggested by apologists for the crossing. This couldn't have happened anywhere in that area!

Crossing the Red Sea at Aqaba? No.

Quote:Straits of Tiran: Bob Cornuke

The sill depth along the Enterprise Passage through the Straits of Tiran is 250 meters. Again, no conceivable wind could blow that depth of water out of the Straits of Tiran. The laws of physics do not permit such an event to happen.

But . . . perhaps the Strait was narrow and shallow 3,000 years ago? Could Moses have crossed at Tiran then? By my measurement using Google Earth, the Enterprise Passage is 1.25 kilometers wide, from Gordon Reef to the shallow shelf off the Sinai mainland. A complete proposal for the Straits of Tiran must include an explanation for how geological forces could have created an undersea canyon 250 meters deep in only 3,000 years. Bear in mind that tidal scouring is a shallow-water phenomenon. Go to it.

The Tiran crossing also has the same "second yam suf problem," but not as bad as Nuweiba. The sensible route from eastern Tiran to Jebel al-Lawz might possibly camp by the Red Sea again somewhere, but that detour would be off the most expedient path to the mountain.

[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-12-2016, 07:56 AM
(03-12-2016 09:52 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I went down this rabbit hole looking at the fake stories about someone finding chariots at the bottom of the sea, when I realized that the apologists like to use the Straights of Tiran as the crossing point of where Moses crossed the Red Sea. (Which is the wrong sea anyway, according to Aliza, the Sea of Reeds is the right one)

This article points out that that the straight of Tiran is 250 meters in depth and it would only have been six inches less water at the time of Moses!

The article goes on to shoot down every possible proposed area suggested by apologists for the crossing. This couldn't have happened anywhere in that area!

Crossing the Red Sea at Aqaba? No.

Quote:Straits of Tiran: Bob Cornuke

The sill depth along the Enterprise Passage through the Straits of Tiran is 250 meters. Again, no conceivable wind could blow that depth of water out of the Straits of Tiran. The laws of physics do not permit such an event to happen.

But . . . perhaps the Strait was narrow and shallow 3,000 years ago? Could Moses have crossed at Tiran then? By my measurement using Google Earth, the Enterprise Passage is 1.25 kilometers wide, from Gordon Reef to the shallow shelf off the Sinai mainland. A complete proposal for the Straits of Tiran must include an explanation for how geological forces could have created an undersea canyon 250 meters deep in only 3,000 years. Bear in mind that tidal scouring is a shallow-water phenomenon. Go to it.

The Tiran crossing also has the same "second yam suf problem," but not as bad as Nuweiba. The sensible route from eastern Tiran to Jebel al-Lawz might possibly camp by the Red Sea again somewhere, but that detour would be off the most expedient path to the mountain.

yabut, miracles. Checkmate atheists.

Anything that, in even the most tenuous way, connects to their story is "proof". Anything that contradicts their story is irrelevant because miracles explain it.
I am SO fucking tired of the double standard employed.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post