Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
27-09-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Collection of religious documentaries, and information
That's a good idea Bucky, I hadn't thought about the search aspect of it but that's another part of the audience for this material.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library
Double post:

The current title is "Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library" It's a bit hokey, but I think that Bucky has the right idea. Hopefully all of those are key terms that people might use in searching for information through a search engine.

[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
27-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Triple post:

Added a Charities and Aid Groups Section, added an Atheist Organizations section, added a Blogs section, added a Gnostic Gospels section (Wasn't sure if it belonged in books). Added a few links here and there throughout the sections including: Skeptics Annotated Bible, Evilbible.com, From Jesus to Christ, Scouting for All was added to the parents section.

Also reworked the introduction paragraph, and the special thanks and notes at the bottom of the original post. Thread title was changed, hopefully it will generate search engine hits.

Still need to start a section for:

Skeptical Groups
Debates
Conferences and Conventions

As always, please submit links for the new sections, and to flesh out the old ones.

Also, instead of editing old posts to include new information to submit, please just add a new post. It's easier to keep track of what I have, and have not added that way.

It's all starting to come together, thanks everyone!

29-09-2012, 03:29 PM
The Jesus Seminar : http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJesusSeminar
The Gospel of Thomas : http://westarinstitute.org/Polebridge/Ex...homas.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Not sure what section the Jesus Seminar videos should go in Bucky, do you have any suggestions? I added a "Conventions, Events, Meet-ups" Section.

30-09-2012, 02:36 PM
(30-09-2012 02:30 PM)Near Wrote:  Not sure what section the Jesus Seminar videos should go in Bucky, do you have any suggestions? I added a "Conventions, Events, Meet-ups" Section.

How about "organizations'. It's a group of scholars.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Tribal Deities, Christian Evangelicalism
John Shelby Spong, (retired Episcopal bishop of New Jersey) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKuRcNYV...g-high-lik

50 Scientists speak about God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s47ArcQL-XQ

03-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Added Bucky's links.

Added:

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
What's the Harm?
Mr. Deity
Edward Current
Reason in the Rock, and Kentucky Freethought Convention
Skeptics Book (Blog)

Started a section for "Talks and Lectures". Some of the videos aren't really documentaries, so they needed a new section.

Still need to start:

Skeptical Organizations
Debates
Atheist Comedy (A youtube playlist would work great, I have one on my channel. New submissions will be added to the playlist)

05-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Added a link to the comedy playlist on my YouTube, with a note disclosing that it is the playlist on my channel. The reason I am using my playlist is so I can add submitted videos to it to keep it up to date. I also added a second playlist from my channel that contains videos with useful information that could be used in debates or arguments. This link also has a disclosure of the fact that it is on my personal channel.

Added Infidels.org to the useful links section.

Added philhellenes to the YouTubers, if you haven't seen Science Saved my Soul, you need to

This resource could still use all the help it can get, I know I harp on it every time I update it but it's true. There is no "Atheist Handbook" that tells you what to do, but I think that this resource will prove to be very useful for people coming out of religion, and this online community as well.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed so far. I hope that more people will contribute, and that past contributors will continue to.

[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
06-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Added the current Debunking Souls thread to the debates and discussions from the forum section.