Atheist Analysis: Bill Maher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2011, 01:45 PM
RE: Atheist Analysis: Bill Maher
@kikko
How about religion is like a MMO ? Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 02:01 AM
What is MMO?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
15-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Massive Multiplayer Online. Doesn't sound like a good idea to treat religion as an MMO.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
15-02-2011, 06:15 AM
LMAO - you've got a kinky browser.
But religion is kinda like an MMO , it's fantasy , lots of people play it , some get married because of it lots pay money for it , etc Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
15-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:some get married because of it
Only in countries where gays have the right to get married? Or are you saying that there is a woman/are women who play MMOs?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
15-02-2011, 12:34 PM

(14-02-2011 03:21 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(12-02-2011 11:18 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  As long as religion is practiced like sex (consenting adults and nobody gets hurt Smile)

Yes. Religion should be treated like a penis. Keep it out of sight and don't shove it down childrens' throats.

I love that last line.. classic!

As for the thread, I agree with the poster who said Bill is Biased in the other direction. His meal ticket is Atheism and preaching about it. I like that he is, but sometime he goes over the top with it.

My main issue with Relgion, is how it pollutes ones way of thinking so close minded. Bill does the same thing with his view, my way or no way, as someone pointed out.

As for his movie, Sadly or happy I didn't learn anything new from it. I thought it was going to be more towards Atheism instead of just questioning stuff most of us already have years prior. I understood what he was trying to do, but I don't see many Christians/Islamics rushing to go see it.
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 02:19 PM
(15-02-2011 12:34 PM)AnthraxFan93 Wrote:  I understood what he was trying to do, but I don't see many Christians/Islamics rushing to go see it.
Ain't that the truth? I saw Last Temptation (yes, it's actually a very faith-affirming film,) a few of the Narnia movies, Gibson's Passion movie, hell I've seen Constantine and the Cross, The 10 Commandments, John Houston's the Bible, the list goes on and on. What's more, I saw them all as an atheist. I actually WANT to hear from both sides. But religious people have boycotted movies they consider "dangerous" just because it presents a different view than their own.

F religion!
16-02-2011, 07:35 AM
(15-02-2011 07:50 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:some get married because of it
Only in countries where gays have the right to get married? Or are you saying that there is a woman/are women who play MMOs?

hahahahahaha wonderful slam kikko but I used to play MMOs. I've known many women who play, although internet role play often leads to gay relationships it is not in general. And to that fact I had a more serious relationship with a girl in an MMO and it ended up being straight =p MMO's gender bending at it's best.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.