Atheist Analysis: Penn Jillette

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2011, 06:18 AM

Atheist Analysis: Penn Jillette
So in taking off on the Bill Mahr thread what do you all think about Penn? Pretty much the polar opposite of Bill Mahr. He is a true intellectual, and very respectful. I love him!

Why he an Atheist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP9JWdJs55Q

Some real interesting things are said here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14q_1NlhE9I

[Image: Penn-Jillette.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2011, 08:50 AM
RE: Atheist Analysis: Penn Jillette
Ah, you idea stealing bitch, lol. I was just about to post my next one too. Very nice choice though. I have every episode of Bullshit memorized. From what I've seen, he tends to hold back and be less confrontational when debating people. He was on Bill O'Reilly a few times and ending up kind of agreeing with Bill just to not argue.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Don't hold back, I think we can handle 3 threads at once. Great idea BTW!
14-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I love Penn & Teller's ''magic'' performances. They're so entertaining, although they haven't told how the magic bullet is done.

Penn has also disproved God Tongue : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUNqer9N12U

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
14-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I always had the perception that he was sort of a big-mouth. But perhaps I am misinformed.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-02-2011, 12:42 PM

(14-02-2011 12:37 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I always had the perception that he was sort of a big-mouth. But perhaps I am misinformed.

Not sure what you mean by 'big mouth' as he IS a big mouth. He admits that there is entertainer in his make up and that video taping ones thoughts is a bit egotistical. However he DOES have an interesting POV. As with anyones thoughts you absolutely have to consider the source and decide for yourself what you think. I think he's worth a listen though.
14-02-2011, 12:57 PM
(14-02-2011 12:42 PM)Dregs Wrote:  Not sure what you mean by 'big mouth' as he IS a big mouth.
Big Grin
Big-mouth: as in big-mouth-small-words. I have to be honest that most of the time I zap him away. I'll going to give it a try next time.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-02-2011, 08:51 PM
(14-02-2011 12:57 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(14-02-2011 12:42 PM)Dregs Wrote:  Not sure what you mean by 'big mouth' as he IS a big mouth.
Big Grin
Big-mouth: as in big-mouth-small-words. I have to be honest that most of the time I zap him away. I'll going to give it a try next time.
Oh, no no. He's got quite a bit to offer. Plus he's smart and entertaining.
15-02-2011, 12:14 AM
I think he's great and his show, Bullshit is good for a laugh, education, and boobs.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
15-02-2011, 12:27 AM
I used to idolize Penn. That was when I was watching Bullshit and looking up his magic. Something about his Penn Point series irritates me recently, though. Can't put my finger on it. I dunno. Tongue

[/no contribution]

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user