Atheist Arab video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Atheist Arab video
I didn't want to bury this video in another thread because I thought it stands out so much. It was published on youtube two days ago. I hope it gets a lot of views from Muslims. It probably won't but I'm hoping anyway.

I had to slow it down to watch it because the subtitles are too fast to read.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-04-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Atheist Arab video
LOVED IT, Dancefortwo!

"The Universe is the reason you exist, not the other way around." - pretty much says it all.

Also, I have so much respect for people from Muslim countries who do this. Not because Islam is more difficult to shake off than Xtianity or any other religion, but because we all know that the only countries where there is death penalty (not to mention murdering mobs) for being an atheists, are Muslim countries. So I have immense respect for the bravery of people like this guy.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 08:44 AM
(15-04-2017 08:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  LOVED IT, Dancefortwo!

"The Universe is the reason you exist, not the other way around." - pretty much says it all.

Also, I have so much respect for people from Muslim countries who do this. Not because Islam is more difficult to shake off than Xtianity or any other religion, but because we all know that the only countries where there is death penalty (not to mention murdering mobs) for being an atheists, are Muslim countries. So I have immense respect for the bravery of people like this guy.

Yeah, I don't know anything about the man who made the video but I hope he's somewhere safe. I noticed the comment section was mostly in arabic so I don't know how well it was being accepted by other Arabs.

15-04-2017, 08:48 AM
I'm sure there must a lot of people glad to see this. I'll bet a lot there are quite a few atheists over there, only, they have to hide it even better than a lot of you guys, over in the States. Frankly, I cannot imagine how hard (and infuriating) it must be and I have an enormous amount of sympathy for such people.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 09:36 AM
(15-04-2017 08:44 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
I noticed the comment section was mostly in arabic so I don't know how well it was being accepted by other Arabs.

All bar three were positive and those were rebutted (I only read the first page).

Most were supportive regarding Sherif's humble apologies for not producing a better quality video rather the message although a few comments did focus on the message.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-04-2017, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 12:23 PM by dancefortwo.)
My husband sent me the video. He said the guy who made it spent a year in jail because he was an atheist. He was lucky to get out alive!

Edit to add: Here's a wikipedia thing on him. He's quit brave. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherif_Gaber There needs to be more like him in the Middle East.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-04-2017, 12:25 PM
(15-04-2017 09:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 08:44 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
I noticed the comment section was mostly in arabic so I don't know how well it was being accepted by other Arabs.

All bar three were positive and those were rebutted (I only read the first page).

Most were supportive regarding Sherif's humble apologies for not producing a better quality video rather the message although a few comments did focus on the message.

Thumbsup

Holy shit, you read Arabic? That's pretty fucking cool.... I'm half Mexican and can't read or speak Spanish..... I should really fix that and learn a second language (outside of programming languages)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
15-04-2017, 12:31 PM
(15-04-2017 12:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband sent me the video. He said the guy who made it spent a year in jail because he was an atheist. He was lucky to get out alive!

Edit to add: Here's a wikipedia thing on him. He's quit brave. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherif_Gaber There needs to be more like him in the Middle East.

Nothing shows how bloody fragile the egos of the Egyptian authorities are, than that they try to forcibly shut down criticism in this way. Bunch of dickheads.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-04-2017, 12:34 PM
whoah that's a fucking awesome video, I really enjoyed it.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
15-04-2017, 12:42 PM
He is still in hiding and released that video two days ago. This is a brave man. A very brave man.

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post