Atheist Bible Contradiction Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Atheist Bible Contradiction Challenge
I challenge you to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Checkmate Atheists

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2013, 03:03 PM
(22-06-2013 02:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Umm How is pointing out a contradiction in the Bible a challenge?

Maybe there are just too many, it's hard to pick just one?
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
22-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Calling David....are you still alive?

I hope you haven't been raptured.Huh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
22-06-2013, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2013 11:05 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=KJV

This.

So I understand why Christians dislike homosexuals but why aren't we going after those who eat crabs, shrimps and lobsters? I mean they are disgusting and horrific for doing so and just as much as an abomination to God as gay people are. Why then do people contradict what the Bible says? Especially if it is true and the word of God? Why then do we only agree on the good things while ignoring the bad like allowing slavery? http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=KJV

What about stoning your disobedient child? http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=KJV

What about killing a woman who is not a virgin? http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=KJV

Why do believers contradict the Bible? If this was only during 'that' time then why hasn't obviously given us new rules since these are obviously outdated? Shouldn't be hard for a creator of the universe to have an update but instead now we get multiple translations which contradict themselves and others. If you were God wouldn't you want the truth instead of people using your apparent word to justify anything and even horrible things for their selfish selves?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
22-06-2013, 11:04 PM
(22-06-2013 10:57 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Calling David....are you still alive?

I hope you haven't been raptured.Huh

He's being held in the Watchtower, tied up in a naughty chair.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-06-2013, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 01:16 AM by Lienda Bella.)
Here are rules I use when studying.

Rule 1: NO ADDING OR MOPHING TEXT! What label you put on your forehead doesn't excuse you either. Examples -> a:"The slaughtered kids were half demon." When it doesn't say that they are. b: Claiming that it says something about galaxies when it doesn't. c: etc.

Rule 2: Don't use one passage out of context to change another passage within the same collection. Simply compare and be honest with yourself.

Rule 3: Don't go chat with so and so at your local club, put off your research, and then proceed to tell other people how they are dumb and lazy. NO relying on only outside help. That's lazy! Break this one, and you have it coming to you.

Rule 4: Read it like a scoffing doubter, if you think it's a perfect book that instantly convinces doubt, but you can't remember what it says. I've found that it sinks in much faster this way, and you'll feel less bored also. Maybe record yourself for personal amusement.

Rule 5: Write down every kind of question you can about the subject and answer them with honesty. You're studying, and will need this for quizzes later.

Rule 6: Make sure the copy and/or text that you are trying to study isn't a screwed version. .... Consider .... ..... Hobo

Rule 7: Stick to the parts that you are on and what you have read through so far. Don't randomly flip back and forth with pages you didn't go through yet that you wound up breaking #2.

There you go. I hope that these help your little curiosity struggle.
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
23-06-2013, 09:14 AM
(23-06-2013 01:08 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Here are rules I use when studying.

Rule 1: NO ADDING OR MOPHING TEXT! What label you put on your forehead doesn't excuse you either. Examples -> a:"The slaughtered kids were half demon." When it doesn't say that they are. b: Claiming that it says something about galaxies when it doesn't. c: etc.

Rule 2: Don't use one passage out of context to change another passage within the same collection. Simply compare and be honest with yourself.

Rule 3: Don't go chat with so and so at your local club, put off your research, and then proceed to tell other people how they are dumb and lazy. NO relying on only outside help. That's lazy! Break this one, and you have it coming to you.

Rule 4: Read it like a scoffing doubter, if you think it's a perfect book that instantly convinces doubt, but you can't remember what it says. I've found that it sinks in much faster this way, and you'll feel less bored also. Maybe record yourself for personal amusement.

Rule 5: Write down every kind of question you can about the subject and answer them with honesty. You're studying, and will need this for quizzes later.

Rule 6: Make sure the copy and/or text that you are trying to study isn't a screwed version. .... Consider .... ..... Hobo

Rule 7: Stick to the parts that you are on and what you have read through so far. Don't randomly flip back and forth with pages you didn't go through yet that you wound up breaking #2.

There you go. I hope that these help your little curiosity struggle.

I like these, but I gotta disagree with Rule #3. If a theist challenges me to explain the Big Bang Theory and I can't, that doesn't mean that I'm wrong and they're right. It's perfectly fair to go to others and educate myself... I don't have to accept that the contradiction between a universe from nothing and a universe without a creator is unsolvable just because I don't personally have a ready retort.

I love the other rules, though. I'm envious -- I wish I had posted it myself Tongue

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2013, 04:06 PM
You know when some person says "But my pastor said," and they go on to preach without having read it for themselves. Maybe I should have said something sort of like "don't rely on some random hearsay, and use that and just that as your knowledge, so you start putting off actually learning about it."

Or something..
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
24-06-2013, 02:49 AM
only one reference eh?

well lets start with the big cahuna, the resurrection - without which the whole christianity thing pretty much falls apart

I mean they'd be sure to get that one right, right?

--------------

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

--------------

MAR 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

LUK 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

JOH 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
24-06-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 12:53 PM by fstratzero.)
[Image: r5N170C.jpg]

Anything else?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post