Atheist Bible Contradiction Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Atheist Bible Contradiction Challenge
(24-06-2013 12:49 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: r5N170C.jpg]

Anything else?

Thanks, was already looking for it.
Was already linked on the first page though.

Also: I think we scared OP off, no responses in this topic at all!!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 07:01 PM
(25-06-2013 04:05 PM)Caveman Wrote:  Also: I think we scared OP off, no responses in this topic at all!!

Scared? No.
Though he walks through the valley of the shadow of atheists, he shall fear no threads.

I'm sure he's just busy at Vacation Bible School having a swell time. I'm sure he'll be back when they run out of Kool-Aid and peanut butter and Jesus sandwiches.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
24-07-2013, 08:49 PM
(20-06-2013 08:55 PM)David Lee Wrote:  I challenge all skeptics of the Bible to present me with alleged contradictions in the Bible. There is one of me and many of you, so I must limit one contradiction from each poster at a time. When I have addressed the first contradiction you have presented then you can add another one etc.

An aside. I'm going to ignore hyperbole and personal attacks from here on and I'm going to refrain from doing the same. If I get multiple posts of this nature from a poster I'm going to put that poster on ignore. I don't have time for this shit.

Here, this shouldn't be too hard: how many times did Peter deny Jesus? How many times did the clock crow relative to the denials? Who heard the denials?

Can you show me one verse, just one, in the synoptic gospels that says Jesus even touched the cross on the way to Calvary? Can you show me one verse, just one, in the gospel of John that says anyone else did?

Paul writes that the resurrected Christ was seen by Peter, then by the twelve. But they weren't the 12 after the resurrection. They were only 11.

One gospel says Jesus was seen by the eleven following the resurrection. Another gospel names the missing apostle, but it's Thomas, not Judas. Was he back in the fold?
24-07-2013, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 09:49 PM by multidaytim.)
here is one of my favorites.... it shows the gospel authors had different agendas

the death of Judas.
in one account (Matthew 27), Judas repents, runs back to the pharisees but they wont take the money back. He throws it on the ground and goes out and hangs himself. the pharisees did not want to put the blood money in the treasury and so with it they bought potters field to be a graveyard. because the field was bought with blood money, it became known as the field of blood.

in the other account (Acts 1), Judas buys the field himself, and in the field he bought, he fell headlong (tripped?) and exploded his guts all over.... and that is why it is called the field of blood.

3 contradictions between the accounts:
who bought the field
how he died
why it became known as the field of blood

I have seen many feeble attempts to explain away the first 2,
but apologists don't even touch the different reasons that Potters Field became known as the field of blood.

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 02:42 PM
multidaytim:

One of my cults had a unique answer to the Judas problem.

They concluded that Judas does not die in the book of Matthew, and that he "went away and hanged himself" would have been better translated "he went away choked with grief." That helps answer one of the questions I raised, namely, why does one gospel say Jesus met up with 11 disciples but another gospel identifies the missing disciple as Thomas. Why, because Judas was there! (This is also why Paul writes later that Jesus was seen by Peter, then by the 12 -- Judas was there!)

Judas had two "rewards of his iniquity." One was the 30 pieces of silver, which he tossed on the floor and others used to buy a "field of blood" as described in Matthew. The other reward of his iniquity was money he embezzled from Jesus (apparently a collection plate-passer). Judas used that money to buy the field of blood described in Acts. They are different fields.

The problem, of course, is that "Judas went and hanged himself" means exactly what tradition says it means. My cult did a wonderful job of trying to resolve an obvious contradiction (and added another couple of contradictions to the fold for good measure), but to accept it, we would need to believe that Judas was back in the fold and numbered again among the apostles after the crucifixion --- and not a single Bible writer found this fact interesting enough to warrant a mention!
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
26-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I just thought of something in accordance with your account of Peter's denial.

Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

so..... Peter be burnin'!
if the christian's won't accept that, they are calling Jesus a liar. Wink

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
26-07-2013, 03:58 PM
(26-07-2013 03:56 PM)multidaytim Wrote:  I just thought of something in accordance with your account of Peter's denial.

Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

so..... Peter be burnin'!
if the christian's won't accept that, they are calling Jesus a liar. Wink

So the first Pope is a damned soul? Explains a lot. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I was half listening to the news, not paying attention, and on first glance, thought this thread said "Atheist Bible Concentration Camp" Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.