Atheist Book-Reviews are funny

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Atheist Book-Reviews are funny
I saw this as a Facebook ad. Clicked on it. Looks to be an interesting book.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Without-Reli...723&sr=8-1

What is funny is some of the negative reviews. Such as this gem...

" It is really more harmful to read this book ! These atheist try to focus on good things and try to tear them apart from pure logic. The book doesnt explain how it is impossible to have morals , laws of nature , laws of uniformity , etc , etc without a Supreme being."

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FaceOfBoe's post
02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Atheist Book-Reviews are funny
Another review:
Quote: The advertising for this book on facebook reads, "Read to your children about the different gods and religions and start the discussion to help them come to their own conclusions".

From the description I read here on Amazon it seems like their own conclusions will be concluded by reading this book!

I can see why this was rated "the most helpful critical review", because it's a valid criticism. Don't you agree?

There are literally 2 negative reviews of this book, and you chose to pick the low-hanging fruit. The review you cited was merely a rant about atheism, rather than something directed towards the book. C'mon, with all the great examples of funny reviews on Amazon, why choose this one?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
02-03-2012, 06:22 PM
First, thanks for the referral for this book. I've been thinking of getting such a book for my daughter. She is of the age that the other kids will attack her for being an atheist. She needs to have a foundation.

My favorite review excerpt:
The book doesn’t explain how it is impossible to have morals, laws of nature , laws of uniformity , etc , etc without a Supreme being. How if atheism were true it wouldn’t be kind , nice , or helpful to anyone except yourself !

What a jackass!

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
14-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Reiterating Starcrash's point above about valid criticisms, I find it funny that the most helpful critical reviews of many pro-religion books get a high number of 'not helpful' counts, like in this example: http://www.amazon.com/review/RHCUTU044ZF...UTU044ZFWW

I guess the truth hurts and the faithful prefer to shoot the messenger.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
14-06-2012, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 06:54 AM by Vosur.)
"Okay the comments were starting to get dumber and dumber on both sides which had nothing to do with the topic at hand ! If you believe you came from a monkey , your a fool ( simple enough ) . Why would u believe monkeys could do something before that they cant do now , you know monkeys are still having monkey babies ! Simple enough ! You believe we came from dirt and I believe we came from God. Oh yeah this pre-biotic soup dripped on rocks for millions of years then kaboom life evolved ! They forget to say the soupy man needed a wife ! There is only 1 religion that is probable and take a guess ! Look at your evolution chart cause a frog turns into a prince ( oops I mean man ). I believe that is a fairy tale ! If you believe your great great grandparents weremonkey's you are a fool who cant interpret truth. Study a book called The Ultimate Proof of Creation. If you are willing to accept the truth then you wont be a atheist unless you rather believe a lie so easily disproved !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahahaha! This is such a classic example of the average theist. Big Grin The answers to this review hit the nail on the head.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
14-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Here is another example of a book for skeptics.

Maybe Yes, Maybe No

or Parenting Beyond Belief

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?