Atheist Chaplains

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Atheist Chaplains
Yet another fucking idiot. Atheist chaplains would tell parents that dead soldiers are ‘worm food’.

"The word chaplain, if you look it up, all the definitions are associated with issues of faith." - Mike Conaway, idiot congressman from TX.

All right, I'll bite. So I fucking looked it up, "Though originally the word 'chaplain' referred to representatives of the Christian faith, it is now also applied to men and women of other religions or philosophical traditions–such as in the case of the humanist chaplains serving with military forces in the Netherlands and Belgium."

Bravo to this Episcopalian's response.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-06-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Atheist Chaplains
All this crap is getting so over-the-top...we are being led by Christian extremists.

These guys in government are scarier than WBC.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Oh shit...did I really just sound like I&I? Weeping

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-06-2013, 09:59 PM
As a member of the military (reservist) without religion, I'd be more comfortable talking with an Atheist Chaplain about personal issues than any of the current chaplains we have if that's worth anything. While I don't think the US military outright bans atheists from the Chaplain Corps, they must all represent a religion and wear the insignia of that religion on their collar, at least this is the case for the Department of the Navy.

06-06-2013, 10:17 PM
(06-06-2013 04:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  All this crap is getting so over-the-top...we are being led by Christian extremists.

These guys in government are scarier than WBC.

That's waaaaay too true!

And you're too rational to even begin to seem as crazy as i&i.

Hug

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

07-06-2013, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 06:32 PM by Dark Light.)
I read the story earlier, then provided feedback without watching the video. Credit where credit is due. Kudos to Congressman Smith. Just wish that fuckhead from Texas would debate me on this. That motherfucker is a stereotypical Republican...I won't go so far as to say typical, but stereotypical. An atheist Chaplain would no more tell their son/daughter/husband/wife that there loved one is "just worm food" anymore than a Muslim Chaplain would tell a Christian family (or vice versa) that their fallen loved one is burning is hell. Get the fuck out of here you moron. It amazes me year after year, the fucking morons that get elected.

Dark Light 2016...damnit, still too young...Girlyman 2016! Tongue

07-06-2013, 03:08 AM
I was under the impression that the U.S. military already had humanist chaplains. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 07:34 AM
No, we do not have humanist chaplains....every amendment to add them has lost violently.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
(07-06-2013 07:34 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  No, we do not have humanist chaplains....every amendment to add them has lost violently.

I probably read about there being a bill to have humanist chaplains and just assumed it had passed because it's a fucking no-brainer.

Silly me. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-06-2013, 12:43 PM
(07-06-2013 12:50 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Dark Light 2016...damnit, still too young...Girlyman 2016! Tongue

Ain't happenin'. Hatch Act and whatnot.

(07-06-2013 09:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 07:34 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  No, we do not have humanist chaplains....every amendment to add them has lost violently.

I probably read about there being a bill to have humanist chaplains and just assumed it had passed because it's a fucking no-brainer.

Silly me. Dodgy

Should be, shouldn't it. Here's the full debate (from 2:00 to 18:30) if you got the stomach for it.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.