Atheist Charities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2011, 06:02 PM

Atheist Charities
Just thought it would be a good link to put up:

http://www.squidoo.com/Atheist-Charities

I found that the Fellowship of Freethought takes paypal Big Grin

I don't want my donations to go to religious groups who hold help hostage until recipients hear a sermon about Jesus, so from now on I'm sticking to these groups.
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 04:35 AM
RE: Atheist Charities
the Red Cross is not mentioned in the page? Or maybe it's not as big in North America as it is in North Europe.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 07:01 AM

Yes, the Red Cross is big here. If I were to donate money to something, it would be to cancer or perhaps Canadian Mental Health Association or something like that.
18-02-2011, 10:58 AM
The Red cross distinguishes their aid and will not help LGBT victims if they are aware. It's been off the LGBT charity lists for a while now.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-02-2011, 11:27 AM

(18-02-2011 10:58 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The Red cross distinguishes their aid and will not help LGBT victims if they are aware. It's been off the LGBT charity lists for a while now.

I wasn't aware of that. Seems very silly, why would anyone want to restrict assistance to any particular group?
18-02-2011, 11:35 AM
(18-02-2011 10:58 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The Red cross distinguishes their aid and will not help LGBT victims if they are aware. It's been off the LGBT charity lists for a while now.

Haven't heard of that before. Now that I googled a little I found out that they don't accept blood from gays, but I haven't found anything about distinguishing aid yet.
Seems like the red cross is losing it's face in my eyes. I'll find some better charity.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
18-02-2011, 01:00 PM
If you're wanting to look at the info, you can turn to the point when many people lost faith in the group. Hurricane Katrina, where the people in charge of their shelters actively discriminated right in Louisiana. This was the main point the LGBT community started finding other charities.
http://redpepper.blogs.com/news/2005/09/...or_ne.html

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I did not know that. So much for giving the Red Cross any more money.

My company does a charity match and I have money taken directly from my paycheck each month and given to charity. I currently do 2: one is a foundation that provides money to child cancer patients and the other is the ASPCA. I have kids and I love dogs so this seemed the best choices for me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-02-2011, 11:39 PM

3 of my cousins and my sister support Foundation Beyond Belief :D
20-02-2011, 01:53 AM
(17-02-2011 06:02 PM)Dbutz Wrote:  Just thought it would be a good link to put up:

http://www.squidoo.com/Atheist-Charities

I found that the Fellowship of Freethought takes paypal Big Grin

I don't want my donations to go to religious groups who hold help hostage until recipients hear a sermon about Jesus, so from now on I'm sticking to these groups.

Thank You! This is great. I'm sharing this link on Facebook

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.