Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
Can you be more full of yourself?
Simply disgusting. But whatever gets you through the night, I guess.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 07:01 AM
(12-11-2012 06:35 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 01:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You can claim that all day long, you're still wrong (not even including closet atheists).
Whatever the true number is, without places of expression and sacrifice the movement is all smoke and mirrors.
Billions say they believe in God but if push came to shove, few would stand to be counted. Words are cheap. Actions are not.
Ye shall know atheists by their works the same way all groups show their true existence.
Regards
DL
Why do you keep talking about sacrifice?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 07:05 AM
(12-11-2012 06:46 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 01:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Alright, I think I now finally understand the main problem with your original post: you geared it towards the wrong audience. If you had approached this topic and asked us "what do you all think about atheists who present the solution of combating religion through setting up a mirror institution?" you would have gotten less hostile and confused responses. Instead, you presented it as an argument for why WE should be convinced of its necessity as well. Yeah, I agree with you that there are atheists that fit the bill of what you are proposing, but I view them as severely misguided, as I've pointed out. I understand that you feel differently and appoint credence to their claims, but the manner you went about presenting so belied your intentions and message.
Point taken.
English not being my mother tongue means I am not near as eloquent as some.
I have been looking for a ghost writer but have yet to find one.
Note though the mindset that you point to where atheist thinking is manipulated by the word church.
I am not so when you say mirror image of a church, I see a church.
What do you see if you look at an image of a church?
A church I hope or your vision is poor. Fire is fought with fire and a church is fought with a church.
That is a fair fight and the world would see it as such. To fight a knife with a gun is hardly fair play.
Regards
DL

P.S.
Note how in religious church battles, the victor builds a new church over the old defeated enemy.
Those with eyes will see.

Frankly, when I see an image of a church, I see an image of a church, granted when I look at a church itself, I see a colossal waste of time and resources set toward either chasing some silly fantasy, or fleecing the masses, during masses (which ever you prefer).

Also while fighting fire with fire can be an effective tactic, more often than not, your own fire just ends up putting more blazes on your county side (it happens a lot over here).

And hell, I'll take the knife over the gun, that you very much.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-11-2012, 07:15 AM
(12-11-2012 06:18 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 07:31 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Atheists seem to already want to do more for society towards this end as they seem to be over-represented in religious forums even as statistics say that the atheist in the U. S. and Canada are only at about 5% of the population.
This appears to be true because we don't have a church. If the religious want to hang out with each other, they do it on Sundays. If we want to hang out with each other, we do it in forums and on YouTube comments.

But we make up more than 5% of the population. If you're gonna quote facts, try to cite them or we'll think you're making stuff up (and you are).
I stand corrected. Unfortunately.
"However less than 2% of the U.S. population describes itself as atheist."
Which shows the good hearts and minds of atheists even more when I say that they are over-represented in religious forums.
I don't see much of that here but suffering from third man in syndrome, drawing that out of atheists is not part of what my personality produces in most.
Regards
DL
12-11-2012, 07:22 AM
(12-11-2012 06:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why can't I just be me and bring up my (hypothetical so far) kids with an environment where they're free to ask questions? I *hate* organizations. I always end up on tea duty Angry And everyone forgets when it's their turn to bring biscuits.
Being you is great and I recommend it to all. Part of you should be recognizing our hivish natures and catering to it though. To ignore it means that some of your children will inevitably gravitate to religion and the harm that that does to so called thinking atheists.
Note that you end up on tea duty because of the times you give into your hivish nature and are there to express it.

Regards
DL
12-11-2012, 07:25 AM
(12-11-2012 06:39 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 07:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  We, the English, have perfected the art of 'measured arrogance'. It's a gift.
They, the French, are condescending. It's a fact. Live with it.
You'd think that in order to be condescending, one must be superior, though Consider
Bingo.
Or willing to take the heat if wrong because learning you are wrong is much more rewarding to the ego in the long run than being right all the time. Learning is one of the greatest joys in life.
Regards
DL
[+] 1 user Likes Greatest I am's post
12-11-2012, 07:27 AM
(12-11-2012 06:49 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:46 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  [ Fire is fought with fire
Is it, indeed? No
I guess that you have never fought a bush fire. A fire break or back burning is one of the major tools used.
Regards
DL
12-11-2012, 07:31 AM
(12-11-2012 07:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:35 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Whatever the true number is, without places of expression and sacrifice the movement is all smoke and mirrors.
Billions say they believe in God but if push came to shove, few would stand to be counted. Words are cheap. Actions are not.
Ye shall know atheists by their works the same way all groups show their true existence.
Regards
DL
Why do you keep talking about sacrifice?
Listen to Haigt again.
Without sanctity, atheist are doomed to remain in the low end of the battle for the hearts and minds of the masses.
Regards
DL
12-11-2012, 07:33 AM
(12-11-2012 07:27 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:49 AM)Vera Wrote:  Is it, indeed? No
I guess that you have never fought a bush fire. A fire break or back burning is one of the major tools used.
Regards
DL
One thing though - the human condition is not a bush fire. Oversimplifying much?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
12-11-2012, 07:38 AM
(12-11-2012 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:46 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Point taken.
English not being my mother tongue means I am not near as eloquent as some.
I have been looking for a ghost writer but have yet to find one.
Note though the mindset that you point to where atheist thinking is manipulated by the word church.
I am not so when you say mirror image of a church, I see a church.
What do you see if you look at an image of a church?
A church I hope or your vision is poor. Fire is fought with fire and a church is fought with a church.
That is a fair fight and the world would see it as such. To fight a knife with a gun is hardly fair play.
Regards
DL

P.S.
Note how in religious church battles, the victor builds a new church over the old defeated enemy.
Those with eyes will see.

Frankly, when I see an image of a church, I see an image of a church, granted when I look at a church itself, I see a colossal waste of time and resources set toward either chasing some silly fantasy, or fleecing the masses, during masses (which ever you prefer).

Also while fighting fire with fire can be an effective tactic, more often than not, your own fire just ends up putting more blazes on your county side (it happens a lot over here).

And hell, I'll take the knife over the gun, that you very much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE
Regards
DL