Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(13-11-2012 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 08:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm starting a new club. Our purpose is to not collect stamps. Who's in?

I'm in. We must do this or the stamp collectors will gang up on us. After all, only < 5% of the people of the world don't collect stamps. We must teach our kids not to collect stamps. Stamp it out. That way we will be permanently free of philately.
Stamp it out, eh. I smell someone in need of re education, you seem earnest brother about wanting to "wipe" out stamps, but we're watching you.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 02:47 PM by Cardinal Smurf.)
Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(13-11-2012 08:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm starting a new club. Our purpose is to not collect stamps. Who's in?

Didn't I already suggest that earlier in the thread?

EDIT: post #26

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 02:47 PM
(13-11-2012 02:38 PM)Humakt Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm in. We must do this or the stamp collectors will gang up on us. After all, only < 5% of the people of the world don't collect stamps. We must teach our kids not to collect stamps. Stamp it out. That way we will be permanently free of philately.
Stamp it out, eh. I smell someone in need of re education, you seem earnest brother about wanting to "wipe" out stamps, but we're watching you.

See ??? See ??? They're gonna take us away and put us in re-education camps! They'll force us to carefully clean the old envelopes, maybe soak them a bit, no fingerprints so use tweezers... It'll be boring as fuck. This is what we're up against, fellow non-stamp collectors! Now UNITE. You have nothing to gain but an unhealthy interest in stamps...
13-11-2012, 03:03 PM
(13-11-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 09:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I detect philatephobia

It's *not* phobia. I am just stating my beliefs. In fact by calling me a bigoted philatophobe you're showing your own insecurity. Philately is *wrong*. I er... don't have a reference for that statement. Just read Gibbons and you can see for yourself how evil it is.
Gibbons can't write. However, Edward Gibbon was a noted historian.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
13-11-2012, 03:05 PM
(13-11-2012 02:43 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

Didn't I already suggest that earlier in the thread?

Already a fucking schism. It always happens. False prophets, heresy, there's never the one true path.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2012, 03:06 PM
HA! They're lulling you with their evil. Stanley Gibbons is who I am talking about. Yes, I was a philatelist once. But I recanted! And Jesus forgave me for my sins.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-11-2012, 03:51 PM
(13-11-2012 03:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 02:43 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Didn't I already suggest that earlier in the thread?

Already a fucking schism. It always happens. False prophets, heresy, there's never the one true path.
Bleedin' People's Front of Judea! Tossers!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-11-2012, 05:19 AM
(12-11-2012 11:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 11:02 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Then by all means, do nothing to further it.
Regards
DL
You're confusing 2 concepts:
1) Not organizing
2) Doing nothing

They aren't the same. Individuals can still do plenty without organizing.

For the self, yes.

Then they ignore the first principle of morality of care/harm for others.

Regards
DL
14-11-2012, 05:26 AM
(12-11-2012 11:56 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:29 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  It is what it is and you are.
Regards
DL
Well as your suggestions include we start book burning to protect the children, I'm glad you think I'm wrong if you thought I was in way right I'd need to have a word with myself. If there is a point to atheism, which there isnt, its to offer an alternative to the church, its institutions and practices. Your suggestion that we form up and behave like them would just fracture what consensus there is, with me and I suspect others having to become aatheists.
I said nothing of book burning as that would be counterproductive and I think that fighting fire with fire is better.
If you see no point in being an ateist then why are you not looking for a point to your life?
Regards
DL
14-11-2012, 05:32 AM
(12-11-2012 01:48 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 11:02 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Then by all means, do nothing to further it.
Regards
DL

What did you hope to accomplish with this thread exactly?
To both inform and strengthen atheism.
I am not one of you but it serves me and mankind to have you strong. At present,, without an organization/church, you are weak. One toothpick is easy to break but put many together and no man can break it.
Regards
DL