Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(09-11-2012 09:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There was another one from that same series this week that shows empathy in rats and Bonobos, and even insects.
So much for morality from the gods.
Yeah, I remember reading or watching something about the neurological mechanisms behind empathy, mirror neurons and other things I don't really remember (must watch a documentary on memory, obvs... or start taking pillsWink). Of course, empathy alone doesn't account for morality... I think (but what do I know, really).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 10:41 AM
(09-11-2012 07:31 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Atheist friends, should you elect a God and sacrifice to him or her?
Bacteria. I was thinking about that this morning and how there are some crawling on each of our bodies. Yet, they are so small we can't even see them. If you compare that relationship to another - us in relation to the God who is supposedly everywhere in the universe - those bacteria are huge!!! So how small are we then....?

It still boggles my mind how anyone believes that such a God would be paying any attention whatsoever to whether we sacrifice something, are on our knees, marry someone of the same sex, or do frankly anything at all. Or how they believe such a God would have created something so small... and bacteria even so much smaller.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Once you get past the nonsense in the first part, which is fucking stupid, it gets slightly better. He's talking about an atheist church, as a social institution, which is not an entirely bad idea. Problem is it's phrased in the worst way possible, by a semi-theistic idiot.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHc-yMcfAY4
Regards
DL
09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Lol, what now. This has to be a joke, or maybe its not such a bad idea. Christian science after all at its extremes is equally as confounding. The only problem, well not the only problem, but perhaps the most difficult to overcome is that if there was an atheist church, it would have to persecute and declare its own membership heretics. But, then again it works for holy mother church.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2012, 01:06 PM
(09-11-2012 12:49 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Lol, what now. This has to be a joke, or maybe its not such a bad idea. Christian science after all at its extremes is equally as confounding. The only problem, well not the only problem, but perhaps the most difficult to overcome is that if there was an atheist church, it would have to persecute and declare its own membership heretics. But, then again it works for holy mother church.
Considering that we've had multiple threads laboriously arguing about definitions of atheism, there would be schism and charges of heresy almost immediately.
What fun. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
(09-11-2012 01:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  What fun. Drinking Beverage

Fund-a-mentalist Tongue
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 02:17 PM by ClydeLee.)
Re: RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(09-11-2012 11:26 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHc-yMcfAY4
Regards
DL

You realize your doing what he is talking about that fails right?

Just throwing tidbits and saying, here's these real facts you are missing, look look look.

Btw there's plenty of people that thought if Hutchins it Dawkins as the atheist pope already. Not much hoopla there so far.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-11-2012, 02:19 PM
(09-11-2012 11:06 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Once you get past the nonsense in the first part, which is fucking stupid, it gets slightly better. He's talking about an atheist church, as a social institution, which is not an entirely bad idea. Problem is it's phrased in the worst way possible, by a semi-theistic idiot.
Isn't that just called a bar?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-11-2012, 02:43 PM
TROLL DETECTED
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post