Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(09-11-2012 07:31 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Atheist friends, should you elect a God and sacrifice to him or her?

By doing so, you would be acknowledging that mankind is the greatest force in the universe by symbolically taking the name of Human God and insuring that there is always a church that preaches the truth of what is known as a certainty of the supernatural God. That he probably does not exist and is a man-made mythical ideal perpetuated by the Noble Lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU

If you believe what the research indicates in terms of hive behavior, then you might wonder as I do if it would not be in the best interest of the atheist movement to elect an atheist God and sacrifice to him or her?

This, if the research is true, would insure the longevity and cohesion of the atheist movement and give it power.

You may have some suggestion for the title that you would put on your leader and church. I do not except for my choice in the title above.

Not being a full atheist, I would not have a vote on it; even as I support atheists and non-supernatural spirituality in people over supernatural religious notions and beliefs. I would also suggest a mantra for this church; that being, --- Faith without Facts is for Fools.

I believe in a strongly assertive type of atheism that preaches that truth is the highest principle. This preaching should be done with eloquence and good form and language; recognizing the trap of logical fallacies and the impossibility of atheists proving that there is no creator God; as well as the impossibility of believers to prove that there is a creator God.

Unfortunately I cannot call myself an atheist anymore because of having suffered an apotheosis. As an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian, you will know that I think that creating an atheist church should be the next evolutionary step for the atheist movement. I believe the research shown above to be true and fear that without a church, atheism will not be affective and perhaps die out without it.

Creating an atheist church would be the ideal for both religionists and atheists. It would insure that atheists are always here to correct the imaginary thinking of those who believe in a mythical supernatural God. This would be a benevolent and altruistic expression of atheist’s social conscience and desire to bring all people to sane thinking. This atheist church would recognize the human attribute shown in the following clip and gently try to help those adults whose thinking is hampered by it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm971ltF44A&feature=related

Atheists seem to already want to do more for society towards this end as they seem to be over-represented in religious forums even as statistics say that the atheist in the U. S. and Canada are only at about 5% of the population. This is a sacrifice for atheists that already adds some cohesion and longevity to the organization and appeases the hive nature that we seem to have. But I do not think it is enough based on the research shown above.

Should atheist elect themselves a Pope or God or someone with some other title and do whatever sacrifice is demanded of them to keep the movement alive for the long run?

Regards
DL
I am sorry but... dafuq did I just read?

Perhaps it is because I only woke up a few minutes ago and my systems might be taking some time to boot up today, but I could have sworn that it was just suggested that the Atheist movement, make a church?

though the idea is hilariously ironic once I think about it a bit more.

Well maybe I'll see you guys in the Church of Humanists one day.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 03:15 PM
What I'm wondering, is where this leads the vampires... Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2012, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 04:25 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
This is the kind of jargon that pretty much completely baffles me. This whole argument for applying our ideas to be taught over the model blueprinted by religious institutions, a systematic structure that is wholeheartedly repudiated by many here due to its corrupt ethicality and self-centralism, is both contradictory and inane. Despite the similar viewpoints held by a great deal of atheists, the emphasis on entitlement to one's own beliefs, understanding of human nature, acceptance of diversity, and the value placed on drawing conclusions through one's own ability to apply critical analysis skills allows individual idiosyncrasies and diversification of opinion to flourish.

For this reason, an intelligent atheist can't even fathom operating in a manner similar to religious fundamentals. Hive-minds can only operate when the individuals who the message is geared towards hold the truth value of the message to be based on WHO delivers it more so than the content. Most atheists, hell most logical people in general, weigh the truth value of a message based on the content within the message itself. For example, most atheists hold people like Richard Dawkins in high regard because of his messages. Dawkins is not infallible, he is not a God. Atheists don't agree with him solely because he is Richard Dawkins, atheists agree with him because his arguments hold up to scrutiny.

Atheists adopting a dogmatic structure to their (lack of)beliefs is laughable, since trying to manipulate a free-thinking individual by invoking the guise of a system he/she disregards is an exercise in futility. The fact that has to even be laid out for you is pathetic. Sure there are atheists out there just as narrow-minded and little different by course of action than fundamentals, but that is to be expected among the idiosyncratic nature of humanity, there will be outliers from what one would expect to be the normal outcome.

As for how adopting a church-like structure to a group of people as diverse as atheists would benefit them as a whole, your argument is making even less sense than the premise of adopting the model in the first place. Truth is gained through personal inquiry, not having it rammed down your throat. An atheist can impart his/her argument to a theist, the theist is then free to determine whether that argument could actually influence their own beliefs, and it is the same thing vice versa. Regardless of what I see as obvious truth values, indoctrinating somebody else without allowing them to come to their own conclusions is just as despicable an act as proselytizers crusading around with their metaphorical swords (and sometimes not even metaphorical) of conversion. Abiding to any form of dogma, including inventing one for "atheists," can only erode the values embraced by atheists, agnostics, humanists, free-thinkers, rationalists, and generally tolerant and intelligent people. All these so called "churches" for those who disregard religion and god are satirical in nature. Suggesting we should adopt the church label for anything other than satirical purposes is crazy talk.

To top it all off, you're suggesting (at least I think you are, you just aren't making any sense so it's hard to tell) we choose a God, yet you purport to admire our decision to live without one, and should know we never intend to elect anything to such a position. After all, why elect something we don't believe in, or if we don't actually believe it to be a God but elect it to some ruling position over an overarching hierarchal of values, then why even call it a God? That would just be misleading.

As for the rest of your argument, I'm not even going to address it since it makes absolutely no fucking sense. Not that the points I addressed made any sense anyway. In all honesty, I don't even know how much of what I just said even applies to your argument, since I'm having such a hard time understanding what points you're trying to get across.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
09-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I can slightly understand the OP but they go way too far into wooville.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
09-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Wow. Sauced by Tartarus. Evil_monster

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-11-2012, 05:06 PM
I vote instead to erect the first Church of Not Collecting Stamps.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
09-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll donate one 20c coin to that endeavor.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2012, 06:36 PM
(09-11-2012 07:31 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Atheist friends, should you elect a God and sacrifice to him or her?

By doing so, you would be acknowledging that mankind is the greatest force in the universe by symbolically taking the name of Human God and insuring that there is always a church that preaches the truth of what is known as a certainty of the supernatural God. That he probably does not exist and is a man-made mythical ideal perpetuated by the Noble Lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64_El2s7FU

If you believe what the research indicates in terms of hive behavior, then you might wonder as I do if it would not be in the best interest of the atheist movement to elect an atheist God and sacrifice to him or her?

This, if the research is true, would insure the longevity and cohesion of the atheist movement and give it power.

You may have some suggestion for the title that you would put on your leader and church. I do not except for my choice in the title above.

Not being a full atheist, I would not have a vote on it; even as I support atheists and non-supernatural spirituality in people over supernatural religious notions and beliefs. I would also suggest a mantra for this church; that being, --- Faith without Facts is for Fools.

I believe in a strongly assertive type of atheism that preaches that truth is the highest principle. This preaching should be done with eloquence and good form and language; recognizing the trap of logical fallacies and the impossibility of atheists proving that there is no creator God; as well as the impossibility of believers to prove that there is a creator God.

Unfortunately I cannot call myself an atheist anymore because of having suffered an apotheosis. As an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian, you will know that I think that creating an atheist church should be the next evolutionary step for the atheist movement. I believe the research shown above to be true and fear that without a church, atheism will not be affective and perhaps die out without it.

Creating an atheist church would be the ideal for both religionists and atheists. It would insure that atheists are always here to correct the imaginary thinking of those who believe in a mythical supernatural God. This would be a benevolent and altruistic expression of atheist’s social conscience and desire to bring all people to sane thinking. This atheist church would recognize the human attribute shown in the following clip and gently try to help those adults whose thinking is hampered by it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm971ltF44A&feature=related

Atheists seem to already want to do more for society towards this end as they seem to be over-represented in religious forums even as statistics say that the atheist in the U. S. and Canada are only at about 5% of the population. This is a sacrifice for atheists that already adds some cohesion and longevity to the organization and appeases the hive nature that we seem to have. But I do not think it is enough based on the research shown above.

Should atheist elect themselves a Pope or God or someone with some other title and do whatever sacrifice is demanded of them to keep the movement alive for the long run?

Regards
DL
.... I thought I knew what all those words mean, but when you string them together like that it's so much gibberish.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
10-11-2012, 07:22 AM

I see that most have not understood what Mr. Haigt is speaking of.

In a nutshell, he is saying that if the atheist movement does not organize and give it sanctity through sacrifice of some kind, it will not last long and die out.

You all have escaped the fantasy world sold by religions and I congratulate you for that but you have forgotten your social conscience and duty to your children and grandchildren.

It is the sacrifice that somehow activates the longevity. I think it may be somehow tied with respect and willingness to perpetuate the sanctity of the movement. We seem to not put much value in what we do not pay for. Something like if you have to work hard
to woe a conquest or having one fall into your lap in a happenstance way. They are both good but the one you sacrificed the time and effort to was much more rewarding. Remember?

The thing is though that if your type of guy and your group dies out in the time frame shown, you leave your children and grandchildren at the mercy of a stronger right wing. Do you want them to be able to do as they please with them?

Do you have girls ------

http://www.funnyordie.com...-******

or boys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YrB7TpT1Y

Regards
DL
10-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Dude. We get that. What you don't get, is that the "atheist movement" organizes into something, it won't be atheism.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post