Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Re: RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(10-11-2012 07:22 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  

I see that most have not understood what Mr. Haigt is speaking of.

In a nutshell, he is saying that if the atheist movement does not organize and give it sanctity through sacrifice of some kind, it will not last long and die out.

You all have escaped the fantasy world sold by religions and I congratulate you for that but you have forgotten your social conscience and duty to your children and grandchildren.

It is the sacrifice that somehow activates the longevity. I think it may be somehow tied with respect and willingness to perpetuate the sanctity of the movement. We seem to not put much value in what we do not pay for. Something like if you have to work hard
to woe a conquest or having one fall into your lap in a happenstance way. They are both good but the one you sacrificed the time and effort to was much more rewarding. Remember?

The thing is though that if your type of guy and your group dies out in the time frame shown, you leave your children and grandchildren at the mercy of a stronger right wing. Do you want them to be able to do as they please with them?

Do you have girls ------

http://www.funnyordie.com...-******

or boys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YrB7TpT1Y

Regards
DL

It's not misunderstood at all.

Your acting as of Atheism has to be a group or unity. Most couldn't care about that, go spew this topic to atheism+

Not everyone values these ideas of tradition or need for a movement. People aren't all here to be apart of a movement, it seems people like you and trainwreck ignore that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(10-11-2012 07:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude. We get that. What you don't get, is that the "atheist movement" organizes into something, it won't be atheism.
If it does not then it will die.

http://www.churchoffreethought.org/
Regards
DL
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
(10-11-2012 07:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 07:22 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  

I see that most have not understood what Mr. Haigt is speaking of.

In a nutshell, he is saying that if the atheist movement does not organize and give it sanctity through sacrifice of some kind, it will not last long and die out.

You all have escaped the fantasy world sold by religions and I congratulate you for that but you have forgotten your social conscience and duty to your children and grandchildren.

It is the sacrifice that somehow activates the longevity. I think it may be somehow tied with respect and willingness to perpetuate the sanctity of the movement. We seem to not put much value in what we do not pay for. Something like if you have to work hard
to woe a conquest or having one fall into your lap in a happenstance way. They are both good but the one you sacrificed the time and effort to was much more rewarding. Remember?

The thing is though that if your type of guy and your group dies out in the time frame shown, you leave your children and grandchildren at the mercy of a stronger right wing. Do you want them to be able to do as they please with them?

Do you have girls ------

http://www.funnyordie.com...-******

or boys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YrB7TpT1Y

Regards
DL

It's not misunderstood at all.

Your acting as of Atheism has to be a group or unity. Most couldn't care about that, go spew this topic to atheism+

Not everyone values these ideas of tradition or need for a movement. People aren't all here to be apart of a movement, it seems people like you and trainwreck ignore that.
You will know my people by their works and deeds.
Do nothing for your people of cause and it will die.
Regards
DL
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
(10-11-2012 09:00 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 07:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude. We get that. What you don't get, is that the "atheist movement" organizes into something, it won't be atheism.
If it does not then it will die.

Regards
DL
There will always be people who do not believe in a god... well, as long as there are people anyway.

It does not need to be organised to stay alive. It isn't something that should be organised either.

[Image: opforum1.png]
10-11-2012, 09:26 AM
(10-11-2012 09:03 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...

But it is not dying out. It is gaining ground.

All those who think GIA is trolling ... I'm sorry, but please look beyond the poor sentence construction.

This is important stuff.

The question is concerning how much we care about our rights and how quickly we want those rights to manifest and the countering of our secular rights being eroded but the religious lobby.

Haidt is showing evidence of the effectiveness of Groupish behaviour. Although unlike Alain de Botton he does not appear to be (at least in these links (as far as I have watched so far)) advocating a Church of Atheism... just explaining the workings of the human mind.

If it was the only way, I would support it but as I said, the anti-god virus appears to be encouragingly contagious (praise be to TTA and YouTube etc.).

My first thought, though, was that we select Chas as our leader and then sacrifice him.

Thumbsup

10-11-2012, 09:34 AM
(10-11-2012 09:03 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:00 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  If it does not then it will die.

Regards
DL
There will always be people who do not believe in a god... well, as long as there are people anyway.

It does not need to be organised to stay alive. It isn't something that should be organised either.
For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.
You show no social conscience at all.
Regards
DL
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
(10-11-2012 09:34 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:03 AM)frankiej Wrote:  There will always be people who do not believe in a god... well, as long as there are people anyway.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.
Regards
DL
So sheep, flocking together, have the most admirable social conscience of all? Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
(10-11-2012 09:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:03 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  ...

But it is not dying out. It is gaining ground.

All those who think GIA is trolling ... I'm sorry, but please look beyond the poor sentence construction.

This is important stuff.

The question is concerning how much we care about our rights and how quickly we want those rights to manifest and the countering of our secular rights being eroded but the religious lobby.

Haidt is showing evidence of the effectiveness of Groupish behaviour. Although unlike Alain de Botton he does not appear to be (at least in these links (as far as I have watched so far)) advocating a Church of Atheism... just explaining the workings of the human mind.

If it was the only way, I would support it but as I said, the anti-god virus appears to be encouragingly contagious (praise be to TTA and YouTube etc.).

My first thought, though, was that we select Chas as our leader and then sacrifice him.

Thumbsup
Thanks for seeing the importance of the issue.
The structure is because I am French and not English.
I usually am understood well enough though by those of intelligence.
Regards
DL
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
(10-11-2012 09:37 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But it is not dying out. It is gaining ground.

This is important stuff.

Thumbsup
Thanks for seeing the importance of the issue.
The structure is because I am French and not English.
I usually am understood well enough though by those of intelligence.
Regards
DL
The fact that you are French goes part way to explaining your viewpoint. Drinking Beverage

There have always been atheists, there will always be atheists. What needs organizing is education, democracy, and science. Atheism is the result.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2012, 09:41 AM
(10-11-2012 09:37 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:34 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.
Regards
DL
So sheep, flocking together, have the most admirable social conscience of all? Consider
No. but they know that they should have a place for their baby sheep to be protected instead of leaving them at the mercy of the wolves.
Regards
DL