Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2012, 10:14 AM
RE: Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.
(10-11-2012 09:54 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The fact that you are French goes part way to explaining your viewpoint. Drinking Beverage

There have always been atheists, there will always be atheists. What needs organizing is education, democracy, and science. Atheism is the result.
We have all that now for many years and atheists are a measly 5% of the population.
You might remember that after Constantine bought the church they killed off most of the atheists and burned their gospels.
Do nothing and lose you loved one to foolish thinking just because you do not recognize that you have to sanctify a movement to give it longevity.
Regards
DL

5% Christian in Sweden / Norway. Are you referring to the US?

Kill the heretics? And therein lies my rejection of your proposition. What is to stop an atheist church behaving like, well, a church. I do not think we have reached a point where it is kill or be killed.

Tempting, though.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-11-2012, 10:17 AM
(10-11-2012 09:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, I want my 72 virgins before being martyred. I like to hedge my bets. Consider
Well in that case, you only get 5 minutes of undulation.
Yup, you can have as much "undulation" as you like. We will "wave" at you while you burn.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
(10-11-2012 09:54 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  The fact that you are French goes part way to explaining your viewpoint. Drinking Beverage

There have always been atheists, there will always be atheists. What needs organizing is education, democracy, and science. Atheism is the result.
We have all that now for many years and atheists are a measly 5% of the population.
You might remember that after Constantine bought the church they killed off most of the atheists and burned their gospels.
Do nothing and lose you loved one to foolish thinking just because you do not recognize that you have to sanctify a movement to give it longevity.
Regards
DL
Atheists constitute more than 5% in the U.S. and far more in Europe.

What gospels did the atheists have?

And I reject your notion of sanctifying atheism as absurd.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-11-2012, 11:09 AM
(10-11-2012 09:00 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 07:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude. We get that. What you don't get, is that the "atheist movement" organizes into something, it won't be atheism.
If it does not then it will die.

http://www.churchoffreethought.org/
Regards
DL
The sooner it dies the better if you ask me, it will die when there is nothing left for it to react in opposition to. There is just no need for a church of, or any of organisation of atheism, just like we dont need a church of knowing how to breathe. We dont need to be told how to not believe, we dont need rules, we dont need to convert the religious all we have to do is not believe in gods. Thats it.

Frankly, there are plenty of militant atheists I want as much to do with as I want to be around any other kind of bigot. So to keep you happy, because I dont wanna upset a crazy person, Im gonna start and join the church of not giving a fuck what anybody else thinks, hell you can even join or you can ignore it and get on with your life, either way as arch pontiff in chief I dont give a fuck and I invite you to do whatever the hell you want.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
10-11-2012, 11:18 AM
(10-11-2012 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:54 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  We have all that now for many years and atheists are a measly 5% of the population.
Regards
DL
Atheists constitute more than 5% in the U.S. and far more in Europe.

What value do you give to the way atheists think on a scale of 1 to 10?
10 being the highest value.
In linguistic terms, what value or number do you place on sanctity?
Regards
DL
10-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
10-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
(10-11-2012 11:18 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Atheists constitute more than 5% in the U.S. and far more in Europe.

What value do you give to the way atheists think on a scale of 1 to 10?
Regards
DL
Your questions make no sense. Atheism comprises diverse people. I place no value on sanctifying atheism.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2012, 02:30 PM
(10-11-2012 12:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 11:18 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  What value do you give to the way atheists think on a scale of 1 to 10?
Regards
DL
Your questions make no sense. Atheism comprises diverse people. I place no value on sanctifying atheism.
It makes much sense if you put your numbers down and you had to add sanctifying to my question for you to justify your running from it.
Regards loser.
DL
10-11-2012, 02:36 PM
(10-11-2012 02:30 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 12:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your questions make no sense. Atheism comprises diverse people. I place no value on sanctifying atheism.
It makes much sense if you put your numbers down and you had to add sanctifying to my question for you to justify your running from it.
Regards loser.
DL
Wow, you utterly miss the point. No number can be assigned as atheists aren't of one mind.

Why do you sign off as "loser"?

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post