Atheist Criticism > Terrorist Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Atheist Criticism > Terrorist Attack
I just wanted to share a lovely "atheists are picking on Christians" post from a history forum I frequent. To this person, atheist criticism is apparently worse than terrorist attacks. Only someone who lives in a first world country, far from any such danger, could or would say something like that. Quite frankly I'm appalled at the notion that simply disagreeing with or criticizing someone's religious viewpoint is worse than the taking of human life via bombings, shootings, stabbings, and beheadings. I'm not going to respond on the thread because there are plenty of atheists there who are already debating with the person.

Quote:As a participant of the oilfield, I've been dealing with measurement tools that are 2, sometimes 3 miles below the surface, I often have to deal with two type of physical actions that can cause severe damage to our tools.

The first is Shock. A sudden shock that can cause immediate catastrophe damage to the tool. It is quite simple to notice as we have sensors that can almost detect a serious shock assaulting the tool.

This kinda reminds me of the periodic attacks from Muslim extremists. They are sudden, shocking and make the news. They make up an almost insignificant percentage of the Muslim population, but they tarnish the real name and meaning of Islam.

The other type is Vibration. This is actually worse than a shock as it can deliver more damage over a longer time without being noticed. A slight, constant vibration could become a catastrophe event as severely destroying the tool.

I can relate to this to the internet 'bullyism' and condescending remarks from Atheists. Though, rarely are their any events of atheists physically attacks Christians, they feel quite strong and confident using the anonymous traits of the Internet.

I say this, because rarely have I ever encountered an Atheists that responding to a "God Bless" comment with a rude "Old Guy Floating in the Sky" comment outside of the Internet.

Go on IMDB. Look up a Biblical movie and you will find, at least 1:1 ratio of atheists attacking the premise of the movie and attempting to give it a poor rating. Go to an Atheist-based movie or with the protagonist who is an Atheist, that ratio of Christian attacks drops dramatically to 1:5 (one attack per five normal threads). Which is still an unacceptable number, but pars greatly better than the vicious and numerous Atheist attacks. The premise of most of these Atheist movies, isn't about being Atheist as much as it is about attacking Christianity and making fun of it. Insulting and feeling superior to it.

Post with faith on Historum and its guaranteed to be attacked, made fun of, ridiculed.

Reading about a guy that gets injured and someone posts in the comments that they pray for his health and he is verbally attacked for saying "such a stupid and ridicules thing."

You ask why people respond and they generally bring up the molestation of children by priests, the horrific acts in history that the Church had done, the political involvement of the Church, certain views and position on political and social conflicts (gay marriage), and various quotes of the Bible which request obedience to an unseen force.

These excuses are good, solid and irrefutable facts, but they are still just an excuse. An excuse to lash out at others who are different.

Now, of course, I would rather suffer the rantings of an uncontrollable, belligerent Atheist than a committed Islamist Extremist Fundamentalist with the intent to do hard, but at some level there seems to be a point when the long term effects become "catastrophe."

I don't know how to resolve this issue personally, nor to foresee a social transformation of acceptance of each other is an impossibility (perhaps it will happen for about 3 seconds...). But it is what it is, I suppose.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
16-01-2015, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 09:04 AM by Mr. Boston.)
RE: Atheist Criticism > Terrorist Attack
The day atheists start rounding up theists and burning them at the stake in the name of Reason, they'll have something legit to bitch out. Until then, calling ridiculous ideas ridiculous is not and never has been "persecution," by any sane person's standards. If Christians want to be "respected" in their beliefs they can keep their beliefs in church where they belong, and out of the legislature.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Mr. Boston's post
16-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Yet another Christian feel persecuted because people feel a right to have and voice an opinion.

Okay, two can play this game. Let's talk about the bad vibrations atheists are getting from Christians. What? Equating that sort of behavior with terrorism is something he/she thinks is a valid, legitimate part of the discussion? Okay, GAME ON! We can even divide this into two groups of bad vibrations: Disparagement of beliefs (or non-belief), and disparagement of people for WHAT they do or don't believe. Let's talk about which sort of vibration is worse. The one that harms the tools, or the people working the tools?

(Er, wait, that sounds like I'm making the categories "things that harm priests" and "things that harm the flocks of sheep". I'm not, honest. I tried to make it happen but I just couldn't make the transition from analogy to other-analogy work smoothly.)

Oh, and as an extra bonus, let's throw in a few REAL examples of terrorism by Christians.
16-01-2015, 11:30 AM
According to many people referencing the recent attacks in France, criticism LEADS to terrorism. Of course it would be worse then...it's the genesis of violence!

[sour expression]

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
16-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Atheists are held to a much higher standard than theists. It betrays what people really think about us.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Ah, so we are vibrations?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
16-01-2015, 03:06 PM
(16-01-2015 02:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, so we are vibrations?

Dammit, Dom, quit using your atheistic/Satanic powers to read my mind!
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
16-01-2015, 03:22 PM
yeah, refer to my quotes I made in the other thread about this.

Until we start tossing plans into chuches because someone insulted Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens is the day he can make the comparison for atheists and terrorists. I would REALLY like to see this guy grab a video camera and take a nice long walk through the gaza strip or walk around saudia arabia a little.

See how that fucking shapes up his current opinions!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I would remind that guy 'bullyism' is to the interwebs as 'road rage' is to driving. No need to put a wad in his diapers over it. I would also commend him for proper use of his shock tool and vibrating instruments on keeping damages to a minimum. Oilfields are rough and tough jobs.

Still tho, he needs to take a long look in the mirror if he's equating non-believing badinage to justifying any action toward the interpretation and belief of a god.
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
16-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Someone called him out for equating the two. This was his response:

Quote:A "Voice of Hatred" is just as bad as the "Action of Hatred". There are no various degrees of it. If you think it, you are just as bad as voicing it and equally as bad as acting upon it.