Atheist Drama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Atheist Drama
Wow... I can't believe how behind I've been with all the goings on in the atheist community. Apparently this sexism thing started up again... This time beween PZ and Thunderf00t so I've decided to get out some popcorn.

[Image: 9c6.gif]

So lets bring some of the drama in here... You bunch of filthy misogynist apes!

(18-07-2012 12:54 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  More fucking games!?!? Angry
Let the games begin...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Atheist Drama
Can you please provide some links? You think because I'm a woman I can read your mind? Sheesh! Tongue
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
22-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Here is one side of the story with some TF video's... I embedded the short one - and you can watch the longer ones if you think it's worth your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKH3trPpgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96FtpDLi_Vw

My personal opinion. PZ shouldn't have kicked off thunderfoot. He only discredited himself by doing that. This stuff goes back to that 'skepchick' TAM Conference.

What is life without a little drama? Tongue

22-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Feels like church gossip.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
22-07-2012, 11:29 PM
PZ obviously sought to bring tf00t's popularity to FTB, you know, without tf00t's personality. Dumb with a capital Idiot. FTB is not so much "freethought blogs" as it is militant feminism dweebthought blogs. Greta Christina expresses herself well on the subject, but PZ sounds like a pretentious pandering pansy. As for Rebecca Watson - facepalm. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-07-2012, 12:21 AM
What would be cool, and what I hope I'd do in PZmyers situation, is to admit i had made a mistake, apologize and then open the door for conversation.

I don't follow closely, but from the links posted it seems pretty obvious, without the evidence even, that Tf00t is not allowed to talk anymore, or is being shut out I should say.

I agree- drama!

If I were Tf00t, I'd recognize that I said my piece, and I'd move on. Start the conversation with someone else, somewhere else.

Being me, I am glad we can have these conversations here. Smile So refreshing to know people can talk about uncomfortable things in a relatively safe environment (no threats allowed, etc), even though it can be heated and passionate. It's the way people can truly explore the important stuff Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
23-07-2012, 04:45 AM
(22-07-2012 11:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Feels like church gossip.
Amen to that, I'm going to go over here for a while, until all the blood and snot has stopped running. I kind of feel like Rex from toy story "ye- no-, I don't like confrontations!"

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil which they set out to destroy.
- Christopher Dawson

Battle not with monsters, lest you become a monster.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Epsilon's post
23-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I lost respect for Thunderf00t a long time ago, unsubscribed and ignored all of his videos since a year. No popcorn for me. But the recent sexism blah annoys me so I am ignoring that as well Big Grin
I love my ignorant me in such situations, gives me a lot of peace Big Grin haha > and proud of it Tongue

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
23-07-2012, 07:59 AM
(23-07-2012 05:39 AM)Leela Wrote:  I lost respect for Thunderf00t a long time ago, unsubscribed and ignored all of his videos since a year. No popcorn for me. But the recent sexism blah annoys me so I am ignoring that as well Big Grin
I love my ignorant me in such situations, gives me a lot of peace Big Grin haha > and proud of it Tongue
I decided to forgive some of them for their mistakes. If I didn't I would hardly have anyone to watch!

Just cos some of them fuck up from time to time doesn't make everything they say invalid. I guess YouTubers are more human cos there isn't a huge media company behind them to edit and produce and handle public relations.

I still watch TF from time to time for the occasional science based videos.

I do enjoy watching a good lynching from time to time. Some Atheists seem to like ripping into each other. Some more than others!

It's like we all know religion is dead/dying so all our time is free to focus on tearing each other up squabbling over semantics and trivial side issues.

Lets get to it then... Shall we?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSewqBDiF13ygCeNAkQTc8...jvt41Jat8A]

23-07-2012, 08:13 AM
(23-07-2012 05:39 AM)Leela Wrote:  I lost respect for Thunderf00t a long time ago...

Can I ask why?

I'm an infrequent dabbler in youtube so I have probably missed something.