Atheist Funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: Atheist Funeral
I hope this is legal in the USA by the time I'm dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promession

I want to be freeze-dried (instead of creamation, which removes the nutrients and makes you into toxic/acidic ash), processed, and buried in a bag of good soil beneath a flowering-type tree sapling. Maybe a Japanese cherry blossom tree or a magnolia.

Perhaps a little stone placard that says my name and when I was born/died, so my family can come visit my tree. Maybe they'll like the idea, and my deceased descendants and I can make up a grove.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: Atheist Funeral
I like big mainline Christian funerals. I also like New Orleans funerals (ETA: I just looked that up, and it redirected to "jazz funeral").

As for me, I am an atheist, and I will be dead at my funeral. Plus, I'll probably not have any family. Friends, or "friends", I don't know. I might not have anybody I liked at my funeral, but maybe there will be a few that liked me. So, no need for anything big.

So, I'm comfortable with the attendees doing as they feel a need to. I would like it to be known that I was an Atheist. That's really all I ask.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Skyhawk's post