Atheist Funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 08:57 AM
RE: Atheist Funeral
I've made it clear what I want but you have to keep in mind the living will always do what they need to for themselves. Family pressure will definitely play into it. This whole rite is for them. If it is very important to you then set up what you want beforehand. Funeral directors will always work to get as much of the survivors as possible so pre-planning is good in any case.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2012, 09:10 AM
(26-02-2012 05:20 AM)bemore Wrote:  I want to be made into a big human panyata and have my relatives smash fuck out of me till I eventually burts open with sugary treats.

Failing that cremation will do Big Grin

I also have an agreed codeword with my sister.....because we go to a lot of ghost hunts and in case I do "come through" on a visit the codeword will confirm without a shadow of a doubt its me Big Grin

Some in my family joke that they want to be cremated and given to other family members in rotation. Smile

At one time my grandmother would kick us out of the house for talking about ghosts saying the only "ghost" is the Holy Ghost and any only ghost was a demon, but in later years even she believed in ghosts (as in human spirits returning from the dead to visit loved ones). Many in my family also believe in ghosts. I do not. However, if I'm wrong and I can come back to visit...I would definitely have fun making my presence known. Big Grin
26-02-2012, 09:13 AM
(26-02-2012 09:10 AM)jinun Wrote:  Some in my family joke that they want to be cremated and given to other family members in rotation. Smile
How about letting them occupy an hourglass, that way they can make themselves useful by telling when the eggs are ready.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
26-02-2012, 09:27 AM
(26-02-2012 08:51 AM)Observer Wrote:  In the aftermath of my parents funeral I noticed, that it was not only a burden to get things organised, it was also a serious cost (€6800!). All this in a period of your life where you are already down and sensitive. I want to prevent the same burden to fall upon my wife/daughter.

I'm going to enrol in a funeral service insurance. It’s a full service where you organise your own funeral, tell them what music you want to... eeuh... hear. They calculate the cost and you pay them a monthly fee. In that way I slam 2 flies with one sweep. No priests, and no burden for my family and the others I love.

SO true. My grandparents died 11 days apart. Combined the funerals cost was over $25,000. And it was only that "cheap" because they were put in a mausoleum, would have cost a lot more for a burial plot.

Funeral service insurance is a good idea.
My cousin has nothing, no money, no will...so the burden is falling onto his parents. Which is why they are having him cremated and having a small 2 hour ceremony (no two day wake then funeral) and that's it.
26-02-2012, 09:29 AM
(26-02-2012 04:19 AM)satan69 Wrote:  It's a stupid question to ask. Once your dead you wont know anyway. It's linsane to think that a atheist would care what is said at their funeral. Now with that said, get your head out of your ass and get back to realizing that your life has no purpose.

Did you really just say "linsane"?Cool

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I want to be sent to a taxidermist, and be put out in front of the house every Halloween to freak out the neighborhood kids.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
26-02-2012, 09:40 AM
(26-02-2012 09:30 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I want to be sent to a taxidermist, and be put out in front of the house every Halloween to freak out the neighborhood kids.

Yuch! Stuff that!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-02-2012, 09:42 AM
(26-02-2012 09:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 09:30 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I want to be sent to a taxidermist, and be put out in front of the house every Halloween to freak out the neighborhood kids.

Yuch! Stuff that!

Why the taxidermist and Halloween? Don't you already do this on a daily basis anyway?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I would like to be chopped up in pieces and thrown at any and all catholic priests. Blood and all.
[+] 1 user Likes satan69's post
26-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I want to give my body to science. I will be dead anyways, what does it matter for me what happens to my body? The only way something good can come out of my death is if somebody, some doctor or whoever, used it for experiments or education. So go ahead and have fun with it, I won't mind it.

Although, as I always say, I believe that, by the time I'm old enough to die, we'll be able to transfer our minds or thoughts to a cybernetic body, so I don't plan to die anytime soon Tongue

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like le_procyon's post