Atheist-Mormon Couple? Not bloody likey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Atheist-Mormon Couple? Not bloody likey!
I started dating this funny and cute guy about two years ago. I told him I was an atheist and he casually said that he is just christian and that religion wasn't as important to him (as opposed to getting into my pants)
Anyway, months later come to find out that he was a Mormon, went on a mission and wore magic undies. Also the world was 6,000 years old. And that I should convert to Mormonism STAT and start paying tithing. We had many ups and downs but the downs were lower every time but I though that I loved him and I always thought that people should try to work out their differences. Lord knows that he tried my patience hard every time he would go into these very boring Mormon stories that I did not want to interrupt out of politeness.
Well, looks like Mormon boy had been hard at work behind my back and I recently caught him cheating.
When we broke up I let it go I told him only an idiot can believe those Joseph Smith BS, I told him that he learned how to lie and cheat during his mission and I also cursed at the temple, church, president of the church and all idiots who pay tithing in a very unceremonious way.
I feel bad for saying all those things but reality is that I have every church and that damn church in particular. I also told him to go fuck himself on Kolob.
What I feel good about is ending a relationship that was doomed from the start and being able to adopt a dog.
I am done with brainwashed men of faith. And single!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Elenambass's post
04-09-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Atheist-Mormon Couple? Not bloody likey!
Wow!

Only one thing I don't understand... why did you feel bad?

Saying those things, I'd have thought, would have been immensely cathartic.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2014, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 07:17 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Speaking of Morons oops, Mormons, there is currently a new exhibit on display in Utah of some of their "foundational" artifacts. I'm sort of surprised they would allow access to their fakery-bullshit.

For example, Smith claimed he had found the "Lost Book of Abraham". Of course we know, not only was there was no "Abraham", (a mythic Hebrew figure), but the book is a complete bunch of nonsense, (proven by Egyptology and archeologists). What is surprising , (well maybe not), is that Moronism has increased their membership 300 % in the last many years. (Bizarre ... ) I mean do people not do ANY fact-checking ?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/03...61224.html
http://www.mormonismdisproved.org/book_abraham.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-09-2014, 06:50 AM
They don't. Matter of fact my ex was telling me how he did not want to pay tithing. And the bishop told him not to think about it, but just do it.
I am amazed at what people will believe.
05-09-2014, 06:58 AM
I try to respect everybody. But boy, do I resent religion.
But it felt so good to finally be able to speak my mind!
05-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Grats Smile Now your next relationship will be more awesome, assuming you want one, 'cos you'll be less inclined to tolerate bullshit, and non-bullshit-tolerators attract each other.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-09-2014, 11:22 AM
My wife is a very devout christian and I am an atheist. We have always been able to make it work for 14 years and 3 kids. I have said to my wife what I think about her beliefs and she can take it, she's a big girl (in a figurative sense). We respect each other and always talk things out. I think that relationships like this can work as long as you have respect for one another, even if you can't/don't agree.
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Hopefully... who knows?
05-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Xtians, as a general rule, are as a dumb as a bag of rocks.

Mormons are even worse.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
05-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Esch ... Mormons; the freaks of the freaky.

After a sad break off, a buddy/coworker once said this to me: fuck that guy.

Ok, you probably had to be there. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post