Atheist-Mormon Couple? Not bloody likey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 01:21 AM
RE: Atheist-Mormon Couple? Not bloody likey!
I had a friend who was mormon once, His family was anyway, Although they were not quite the religious types really so it never got brought up at all.

Anyway, I am not sorry about your loss. This is because you are probably not sorry.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
06-09-2014, 09:10 PM
It is interesting to read about attachment, how a child emotionally attaches itself to it's mother. Religions have been aware of this for centuries and that is why it is imperative that they evangelize to children, to develop that attachment to this non-existent being. And so it goes generation after generation. This is what funds the churches. Atheists are those who don't feel that attachment and see it for what religion is really all about.
06-09-2014, 09:29 PM
You know, the funniest thing with religion is that I have really tried to make sense out of it. I have give god many, many chances. I have looked for god everywhere
but god kept eluding me.
I wanted to be the child of a almighty, I wanted to feel loved and protected. Who doesn't? The final straw for me was going to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake as part of the relief team on USNS Comfort. I worked the night shift at children's ward (traumatic amputations).
Afterwards, there was no way back. I sometimes long for the days I had faith and hope but never for too long. Reality is better than fiction. Especially badly written fiction.