Atheist? No, you are not. Or are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2016 12:57 PM by toantranhhs.)
Atheist? No, you are not. Or are you?
I have read and learned a very interesting idea. It started with a seed of an idea but I have put time and thoughts in it to complete and make it a belief theory. I wanna share with you and see how you think about it.

The people in this world, me, you, the others, are only characters of a book, a movie, a novel, a fiction, a show, or a scene that was written by a person from a parallel universe in countless number of parallel universes.

The thought you are having, or the action you are doing, is being written. That means somewhere in a parallel universe right at this moment, my "author" is writting something like "He's trying to break through the limit of this book and starts questioning the existence of me. He's having doubt and asking people what they think about what he's thinking on that community where he always finds his answers" which leads me to do what I'm doing now - writting a topic on TTA.

Tomorrow, somewhere in another parallel universe, every word will be written down "He found an interesting question while on his laptop. He starts to think about me as he wrote an answer to the post"... That would be someone else's "author" writting about him answering my topic tomorrow.

Most of the "authors" have no idea that what they write is someone's next action or thought in a parallel universe. It is just the same as us "characters" have no idea that someone in a parallel universe is writting our next event, our life story.

Each of us is the main character of our own story and has our own "author". When a person dies, that person's "author" just put an ending to their story.

Though we are a "character", we also could be an "author". We write a book. We make a game. We compose a song. All of those, can made the universes to create a universe that has the same "characters" that do the same things we make them do. That means dragons actually exist in some parallel universe and a person with the name f*ckyourmom you created also exists in that universe. Yes, real dragons and real person. And, he will slay the dragons as you play on your console.

You could be a "character" and an "author" at the same time. You could make your "character" an "author" by making him writting a book or a scene. Then, you will be an "author" of an "author".

Any form of story telling in one universe can possibly create a new universe with the same story going on in it.

No matter how strong and intelligent we are, we can never break through the limit of our "book" and meet our "author". We can never travel between universes and find which one our "author" is in.

Our whole life is just a written story expressed in forms like books or movies,... Our "author" is our "God" writting down what we are doing next, and he also may have his own "author" writting down what he will have to write next which leads to what we will do next.

Someone in a parallel universe is writing a political story about two people name "Hillary Clinton" and "Donald Trump" fight for the presidency without knowing it's actually happening in our universe.

It starts from a sentence "we are just someone else's character" and I have made this much up so far.

Tell me your thoughts about this. Is this theory believable? Can it be proven or disproven? If you believe in this, then what are you? Atheist?

Credit: Toan Tran
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Atheist? No, you are not. Or are you?
I AM GOD. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Cool. Needs some vampires and dragons.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2016, 09:30 PM
What is the mechanism that makes this happen? Where is the evidence?

It is pointless to add complication without support. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-05-2016, 09:54 PM
So, this isn't some fiction you are making up? Because it would make a nice sci-fi novel.

So questions. Why would you think this? By what mechanism would new universes come into existence? What evidence would you use to support this?

Putting this aside, let's say I grant this is possible (I don't, but let's be generous). So what? What difference would it make?
24-05-2016, 12:38 AM
(23-05-2016 09:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Cool. Needs some vampires and dragons.

Welcome to Wales, we have the dragons Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
24-05-2016, 01:01 AM
(23-05-2016 09:07 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  Is this theory believable?
No.

Quote:Can it be proven or disproven?
No.

Quote:If you believe in this, then what are you? Atheist?
An idiot.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 15 users Like morondog's post
24-05-2016, 01:33 AM
I think you'll find that Douglas Adams, Isaac Asimov and quite a few other writers beat you to this idea.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
24-05-2016, 02:18 AM
As to Silly Deity's post above, I'm also pretty sure there's a movie with this sort of theme as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
24-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Nice non-falsifiable concept you've got there. It would be a shame if anyone were think that it warrants any kind of belief.

If each person had their own individual author, that would mean that any interaction between two people would have an equivalent collaboration between the authors, so basically our lives would just be a reflection of the lives of our authors. Our authors must live really boring lives, because they didn't even bother to give us dragons, and they spend quite a lot of time writing about our day jobs. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post