Atheist? No, you are not. Or are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: Atheist? No, you are not. Or are you?
(23-05-2016 09:07 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  I have read and learned a very interesting idea. It started with a seed of an idea but I have put time and thoughts in it to complete and make it a belief theory. I wanna share with you and see how you think about it.

The people in this world, me, you, the others, are only characters of a book, a movie, a novel, a fiction, a show, or a scene that was written by a person from a parallel universe in countless number of parallel universes.

The thought you are having, or the action you are doing, is being written. That means somewhere in a parallel universe right at this moment, my "author" is writting something like "He's trying to break through the limit of this book and starts questioning the existence of me. He's having doubt and asking people what they think about what he's thinking on that community where he always finds his answers" which leads me to do what I'm doing now - writting a topic on TTA.

Tomorrow, somewhere in another parallel universe, every word will be written down "He found an interesting question while on his laptop. He starts to think about me as he wrote an answer to the post"... That would be someone else's "author" writting about him answering my topic tomorrow.

Most of the "authors" have no idea that what they write is someone's next action or thought in a parallel universe. It is just the same as us "characters" have no idea that someone in a parallel universe is writting our next event, our life story.

Each of us is the main character of our o2n story and has our own "author". When a person dies, that person's "author" just put an ending to their story.

Though we are a "character", we also could be an "author". We write a book. We make a game. We compose a song. All of those, can made the universes to create a universe that has the same "characters" that do the same things we make them do. That means dragons actually exist in some parallel universe and a person with the name f*ckyourmom you created also exists in that universe. Yes, real dragons and real person. And, he will slay the dragons as you play on your console.

You could be a "character" and an "author" at the same time. You could make your "character" an "author" by making him writting a book or a scene. Then, you will be an "author" of an "author".

Any form of story telling in one universe can possibly create a new universe with the same story going on in it.

No matter how strong and intelligent we are, we can never break through the limit of our "book" and meet our "author". We can never travel between universes and find which one our "author" is in.

Our whole life is just a written story expressed in forms like books or movies,... Our "author" is our "God" writting down what we are doing next, and he also may have his own "author" writting down what he will have to write next which leads to what we will do next.

Someone in a parallel universe is writing a political story about two people name "Hillary Clinton" and "Donald Trump" fight for the presidency without knowing it's actually happening in our universe.

It starts from a sentence "we are just someone else's character" and I have made this much up so far.

Tell me your thoughts about this. Is this theory believable? Can it be proven or disproven? If you believe in this, then what are you? Atheist?

Credit: Toan Tran

At least you called it what it is, a belief and theory. One that is probably false. Atheism is a disbelief in god. No more, no less. Doesn't matter what else you believe in, you can believe in ghosts and spirits, as long as you have a disbelief in any gods, you are an Atheist. Idk why people make it out to be so much more complicated than what it really is.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-05-2016, 03:36 AM
(23-05-2016 09:07 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  If you believe in this, then what are you? Atheist?
No, that would make you a Novelist. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 15 users Like Vosur's post
24-05-2016, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2016 03:58 AM by cactus.)
(24-05-2016 03:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Atheism is a disbelief in god. No more, no less.
If you were convinced that the author had control over your life, you could call it a "god." Hence you could also call yourself a theist. Belief is subjective, and labels are chosen.

I could genuinely call myself a "theist" if I wanted to, because the word "god" is so loosely defined that it could encompass anything you want it to. People like Oprah exploit this fact to actively encourage all sorts of spiritual woo woo, though, which I find really obnoxious.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
24-05-2016, 03:57 AM
(24-05-2016 03:47 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 03:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Atheism is a disbelief in god. No more, no less.
If you were convinced that the author had control over your life, you could call it a "god." Hence you could also call yourself a theist. Belief is subjective, and labels are chosen.

I could genuinely call myself a "theist" if I wanted to, because the word "god" is so loosely defined that it could encompass anything you want it to.

Right but with all the definitions, they usually include properties like creator, a worshipped omnipotent, omniscient being etc. I mean when he hear the word we can usually get a general idea of what it is.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-05-2016, 05:21 AM
This thread is scaring me Unsure
24-05-2016, 05:28 AM
I guess nobody read Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series....

I did....

Signed

Gan
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-05-2016, 09:56 PM
That's it. My next book will be about a rich guy who leaves me his billion-dollar fortune after he travels to my dimension.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-05-2016, 10:06 PM
(24-05-2016 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess nobody read Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series....

I did....

Signed

Gan

Each one twice, then the whole series through. Never looked at rice the same way again.
25-05-2016, 04:01 AM
(23-05-2016 09:07 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  I have read and learned a very interesting idea. It started with a seed of an idea but I have put time and thoughts in it to complete and make it a belief theory. [...]

A "belief theory" is a contradiction in terms. A belief is a state of mind unsupported by any empirical evidence. On the other hand, a theory is founded upon a body of facts that have been confirmed repeatedly through observation and experiment.

Your notion of multiple "authors" and individual predestination is not worth contemplating at any length. Sorry.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
25-05-2016, 06:00 AM
(23-05-2016 09:07 PM)toantranhhs Wrote:  Tell me your thoughts about this. Is this theory believable? Can it be proven or disproven? If you believe in this, then what are you? Atheist?

Credit: Toan Tran

Nope to all, when we come up with "theories" in the colloquial sense, they can usually be shot down with a little bit of analyses, it doesn't take scientific evidence.

My first skeptical reaction would be, what would the mechanism be that causes our world to be shaped by written words on a page? What about the writer? Are his actions being written? And what about the writer's writer? We already have an issue with infinite regress.

It also has issues with scalability, is there a book that has words that describe each beat of the heart of each person, each animal? A book that only has the words "thump, thump, thump".

Is there a book that has words that describe neurons firing, atoms creating covalent bonds, galaxies spinning?

The concept gets pretty ridiculous and absurd and falls apart under scrutiny.

BTW- Christian concepts of omniscience and omnipresence suffer from the same issue of scalability.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post