Atheist On An Airplane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Atheist On An Airplane
I know this has been around a bit but I just started to see it pop back up again. What do you think? How do you respond?

Quote:An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
" Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know crap?" And then she went back to reading her book.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like riseinside's post
17-05-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: Atheist On An Airplane
Hahaha, I've never seen that one before. Good one.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-05-2013, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 04:35 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(17-05-2013 03:33 PM)riseinside Wrote:  I know this has been around a bit but I just started to see it pop back up again. What do you think? How do you respond?

Quote:An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
" Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know crap?" And then she went back to reading her book.

Let me guess, this popped up on Facebook? It has that empty "Christians always defeat atheist" flavor to it. Who the hell even starts a conversation like that with a little girl? I love these atheist caricatures that they always dream up. My answer would have been the animals all have different digestive tracts. It's not that hard to figure out.
[+] 6 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-05-2013, 03:44 PM
(17-05-2013 03:39 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 03:33 PM)riseinside Wrote:  I know this has been around a bit but I just started to see it pop back up again. What do you think? How do you respond?

Let me guess, this popped up on Facebook? It has that empty "Christians always defeat atheist" flavor to it. Who the hell even starts a conversation like that with a little girl? I love these atheist caricatures that they always dream up. My answer would have been the animals all have different digest tracts. It's not that hard to figure out.

It sure was. Always find stuff like this on FB. My comment was simply "wow". I could think of nothing else. There is no point in trying to argue with their defeatist attitude. And they buy into the "you don't know crap" argument so vehemently that there is little point. But then its this outlook that is ruining this country IMO. Not just the belief in religion but the lack of intelligence that would see this as a valid argument (and a valid reaction by a little girl to a discussion that would likely never even begin).
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
17-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I hate at kinda crap. The child is smarter than an adult...

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

17-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah, so many problems with this, starting with who in the hell starts a conversation like that with a little girl on a plane.

Other than that, I also dislike that it's shifting the burden of proof by way of saying the atheist is unqualified to talk about "why there is no god," when the atheist is more likely to lack a belief in god due to no evidence for deities (not always, but it's likely). It would not occur to a christian that the atheist might lack of belief in gods due to insufficient evidence, though.

But yeah, just the same old shit you get from christians who think they are being witty.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
17-05-2013, 05:27 PM
In all of these tales of Christian v Atheist, why is the Atheist always desbribed as "smug"? Is it because atheists are genuinely perceived as smug (as a general rule)? Just curious...

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Well let's face it boys and girls... she's the one who started talking shit first.

Checkmate Christians

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 6 users Like bbeljefe's post
18-05-2013, 06:34 AM
(17-05-2013 11:56 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Well let's face it boys and girls... she's the one who started talking shit first.

Checkmate Christians

*slow golf clap*

Well played sir, well played indeed.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-05-2013, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 09:01 AM by Elesjei.)
Edited version:

A Christian was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
" Oh, I don't know," said the Christian. "How about why we know there is a god, about Heaven and Hell, and how to save yourself from eternal hellfire after death?" as he smiled smugly.
The Christian, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, and what God wants of me, when you don't know crap?" And then she went back to reading her book.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 6 users Like Elesjei's post