Atheist Promotional Videos?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: Atheist Promotional Videos?
(14-07-2012 12:18 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, your example is terrible.

The Bible clearly states that "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". It directs one to a) believe in witches and b) to kill them. It has many other very direct and clear abominable instructions.

When you decide to interpret the Bible or other 'inspired' book, you are using your own ethics and morality to accept, reject, or modify the instructions therein. If you just blindly follow them, you are irrational.
Still your interpretation.
There's not much more to it.
My interpretation of what? A direct statement?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2012, 12:36 PM
It doesn't add up to YOU Ideasonscribe.
The term "misinterpret" is based on who's opinion? Yours vs the Pope vs an Atheist perhaps? Don't forget all the other "mis"-interpretations that COULD be added.

The bible clearly indicates that witches and demons exist and that you should kill them. Is that a misinterpretation not to be taken literally? Cherry picking again to blame?
Yet, the bible does not provide in ANY way ANY method to determine who is and who is not a witch. None.
So, negative consequences are the result. This is a clear example. Don't see how you can worm out of it, but go ahead. You will anyway.

If religion and the bible did not spout and spread the meme, stupid and frightfully deadly things like witch burning would not occur.
Ya see, it's like this. We, as in Science and rational thinking people, have a method to ferret out truth.
We use it constantly and have gained great benefit by it. You have too.

Religion and your entire blabbering ancient text has none. Your belief system has constantly held back humanity and we have gained little benefit from it.
The Great Absent One has given humanity NO method(s) whatsoever, NOTHING to determine what is and what is not true, good or beneficial for a happy civilization to grow. Just lots of weird shit like witches. I mean, we had to find out the hard way that poison ivy itches not to mention a few other things.

Instead, the false faith you perpetuate spreads deadly memes (like witches) yet you defend them to the continued detriment of innocent 72 year old grandmothers. (see the video. Ama's horrible story begins about 2:50 or so with links in the description)
Go ahead, defend your silly position to Ama Ahima/Hemma's kids and grand kids that you think your side is still right ... Go and tell them it was all a misinterpretation!... if you really think that it is.
Nah. You will keep up the spin. You have to tell bigger lies to keep the original lie going.
Or, you could just denounce the entire matter and tear it out of the "good book" for the betterment of the next reader.

Yeah, I blabber a little, but the point was made. Religion, god, and the bible utilize NO method to ferret out truth. Just phony myths, parables and dogma which obviously leads to stupid and dangerous behavior. I simply challenge them to think that one through a bit. Using faith is a crappy method for fact gathering.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 2 users Like TalladegaTom's post
14-07-2012, 01:35 PM
(14-07-2012 12:36 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Go ahead, defend your silly position to Ama Ahima/Hemma's kids and grand
kids that you think your side is still right ... Go and tell them it
was all a misinterpretation!... if you really think that it is.

Nah. You will keep up the spin. You have to tell bigger lies to keep the original lie going.

Or, you could just denounce the entire matter and tear it out of the "good book" for the betterment of the next reader.
Ok, well I've stirred up some pissed off individuals.
I'll go somewhere else for now.
I'm sure anything I say from here on will just agitate even more.
So, just do what you do.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 01:44 PM
(14-07-2012 01:35 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 12:36 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Go ahead, defend your silly position to Ama Ahima/Hemma's kids and grand
kids that you think your side is still right ... Go and tell them it
was all a misinterpretation!... if you really think that it is.

Ok, well I've stirred up some pissed off individuals.
So, just do what you do.
Or you could try engaging in the discussion.

14-07-2012, 01:47 PM
That's what you get for being a necroposter. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-07-2012, 01:49 PM
(14-07-2012 01:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That's what you get for being a necroposter. Tongue
Haven't you had coffee, yet? Consider

14-07-2012, 01:54 PM
(14-07-2012 01:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 01:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That's what you get for being a necroposter. Tongue
Haven't you had coffee, yet? Consider
Coffee, while it can make a zombie look and function like a human being, doesn't actually turn them into humans...
14-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Trying to be like Doc HoC and make answers to other posts look randomly placed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-07-2012, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 02:17 PM by Atothetheist.)
(09-03-2012 01:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 01:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Guns kill people and pencils misspell words, right?

Religion is an excuse; not a cause. Humans are the cause. You have to be a human first before you can be religious. It's silly to attribute anything negative or positive religion because people and their actions are the reason for an end product; nothing else.

Gonna have to agree with Eternal here. We may be on the opposite side when it comes to religious beliefs, but he has said everything I think in regards of pushing an agenda on people.

Somewhat agree, I think religion can influence people to a point, (Ie hitler killing gays) however as you see today, you have a choice to ignore your religion's teachings and go things about your way.
Here is the problem with that line of thinking. People generally believe that if you do disobey the religious creeds, your eternally fucked. Not only does RELIGION order you to do things, but it has a clause of which if you DON"T DO THE THINGS, YOU WILL BE DAMNED TO HELL.

religious violence is, and should be blamed on a relgion that enforces a cruel, sadistic punishment to be carried out when you should and want to disobey.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-07-2012, 02:34 PM
(14-07-2012 01:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 01:35 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Ok, well I've stirred up some pissed off individuals.
So, just do what you do.
Or you could try engaging in the discussion.
I would like to engage in the discussion, but I am more of a Defend the existence of God and not so much ready yet to Defend against allegations of Scripture. I've studied more on the evidence for a creator because I first wanted to know if I believe in God in the first place. When it comes to going deep into the interpretations and Greek/Aramaic language interpretations of Scripture, I think I'll just worsen your already aggressive view against it.

Since I see that I would do no good in this conversation and in fact would do harm, then do you really want me to continue in it?
No, you guys can just continue on believing what you will about Scripture and maybe someone with a better grasp than myself will come along and do a much better job.
I need to get myself a better understanding of this topic before I talk about something I'm not prepared to talk about.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde